CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Badazcock
b381l
Gamecockswag
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
Regalcock
cocksmith1or11
The Yancey
kingofnerf
Simple "yes&quo (711)
The Comeback & T (659)
ESPN Game Day Commen (654)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (451)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (451)
TeMarcus Blanton (387)
Phil Steele just pre (345)
Garcia: Change the R (196)
Wallpaper & Back (195)
Garcia: Change the Rules
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Simple "yes" or
Bama @ Tennessee
Name a Gamecock
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Phil Steele just predicte
Who start on the d line t

Old 08-19-2014, 02:05 PM   #1
Gamecock in TX
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecock in TX is learning to peck
Default Aggie Statistics

Some of the Aggies have been good on here, others unbearable, which is probably similar to every fanbase out there. I have seen some dismiss some things while continuing to promote garbage about their team at other times. Here are a few statistics from the very recent past that I find interesting that they don't talk about:

Since joining the SEC, the Aggies have not played a BCS automatic qualifier or Power 5 team in the non-conference schedule. They don't play one this year either, not one. I get it may have to do with the conference change, but that doesn't change the fact that in the past two seasons, 40% (8 of 20) of their wins have come against an inferior level of competition. For comparison, 18% (4 of 22) of USC's wins have come against this level of competition.

In the past three seasons, the Aggies are 1-6 against teams that finished ranked in the Top 10 of the final AP or coaches poll. For comparison, USC is 5-2 (best in the SEC) during the same period.

In the past three seasons, the Aggies are 5-10 against teams that finished ranked in the Top 25 of the final AP or coaches poll. For comparison, USC is 12-3 (best in the SEC) during the same period.

This will be a good game, be we will win this game. Call me cocky, confident, whatever you want, but we have demonstrated and shown we are the better program. We are in a better place, have performed better, have better discipline and better overall coaching. Our defense was good prior to Clowney and will be good after Clowney. The Aggies are still riding the Bama win from 2012 but completely disregard that save for that game, they have performed terribly in most of their games when they actually face a good team.

I enjoy friendly banter back and forth, but there comes a time when it gets ridiculous. I am excited for your first trip to Williams Brice. Come practice your cheers or whatever it is you call them, but they are going to be drowned out the entire night by one of our favorites against your sorry defense:

Another Carolina....First Down
Gamecock in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:11 PM   #2
chadhot
Walk On

Male

chadhot has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Aggie Statistics

Even playing no one outside our conf, A&M's strength of schedule this year is:

4. Texas A&M
34. South Carolina

http://www.bcftoys.com/2014-sos
chadhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:14 PM   #3
Gamecock in TX
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadhot View Post
Even playing no one outside our conf, A&M's strength of schedule this year is:

4. Texas A&M
34. South Carolina

http://www.bcftoys.com/2014-sos
Great...what is your record against the good teams that make your SOS...that is the ranked teams? You can point out SOS or whatever all you want, but your on field results against the better teams you play speaks for itself.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:20 PM   #4
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

good lord I just want football. I'm so tired of the bickering in these threads
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:21 PM   #5
chadhot
Walk On

Male

Fair point. Under Sumlin, A&M lost to Florida (Manziel's first ever game) and LSU. Year two with the worst defense in the universe A&M lost to some great teams as well.

From what I've read, USC's defense seems to be the weak part of the team this year. (Correct me if I'm wrong). Without an explosive offense, it's hard to win that way (also hard to win WITH one as A&M proved last season). A&M's recruiting has some really strong defensive players coming in so that looks to improve.

That said, the A&M/USC game looks to be two unproven defenses vs. two fantastic offensive lines. It should be a great game. Edge to USC @ running back. Edge to A&M at WR (still unproven talent but loads of talent). QB's likely to be a wash.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:22 PM   #6
MrED
Recruit

Male

MrED is sharpening his clawsMrED is sharpening his clawsMrED is sharpening his clawsMrED is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock in TX View Post
Great...what is your record against the good teams that make your SOS...that is the ranked teams? You can point out SOS or whatever all you want, but your on field results against the better teams you play speaks for itself.
MrED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:22 PM   #7
chadhot
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
good lord I just want football. I'm so tired of the bickering in these threads
amen, brother. i can't believe we still have 9 days left. ugh.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:29 PM   #8
MrED
Recruit

Male

MrED is sharpening his clawsMrED is sharpening his clawsMrED is sharpening his clawsMrED is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Fair point. Under Sumlin, A&M lost to Florida (Manziel's first ever game) and LSU. Year two with the worst defense in the universe A&M lost to some great teams as well.

From what I've read, USC's defense seems to be the weak part of the team this year. (Correct me if I'm wrong). Without an explosive offense, it's hard to win that way (also hard to win WITH one as A&M proved last season). A&M's recruiting has some really strong defensive players coming in so that looks to improve.

That said, the A&M/USC game looks to be two unproven defenses vs. two fantastic offensive lines. It should be a great game. Edge to USC @ running back. Edge to A&M at WR (still unproven talent but loads of talent). QB's likely to be a wash.
Great. Except, none of what you say is backed up by news coming out of camp. In fact, its the opposite. Looks like the SC defense is pretty dang good after all. And we sure have no QB competition going on here either.
MrED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:31 PM   #9
chadhot
Walk On

Male

tell me more. from what i've read USC's CB's are young and you just lost one to injury.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:37 PM   #10
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

True Frosh at one corner (al harris jr) and converted safety is running with ones at the other corner. We have two other hotshot froshie CB's behind those guys. The safeties are pretty set with two deep guys who have played. Not a ton but they've played enough and have shown nice skills. Personally, I don't think the safety conversion thing will stick and will be one of those preseason moves that gets scrapped within the first two or three weeks. The guy they moved was really more of a thick safety type, but we'll see. I have great confidence in our defensive staff to put a quality product out there, but it might take a few weeks to get it settled. Our defense has been right up there with Bama and LSU for the past half decade or so.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:30 PM   #11
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Past performance is not indicative of future success.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:42 PM   #12
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Quote:

I agree that our defense will be our weak point. Anyone who says anything different is just drinking the garnet kool aid. 3 true freshman corners, and concerns about the ability of our ends to get consistent pressure are real. We will be much better by the end of the year, but if you aren't getting pressure on a qb, and you have inexperienced guys trying to cover, it usually means that you are going to give up some points. Look at the Georgia game last year. Our linebackers were inexperienced, and it cost us the game. Hopefully, we can do enough blitzing to keep tamu off balance, and maybe force some bad throws that we can intercept.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:48 PM   #13
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

CockyCash: 200
Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

Yeah we did the whole move some people from their natural positions last year because of injuries too. Hope it works out for you better than it did us...

Damn I am ready for some football!!!
Old 08-19-2014, 09:56 PM   #14
Gamecock in TX
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Past performance is not indicative of future success.
I agree with that 100% but what gets me is the attitude that some have come on here with. I know it is one of those "there are some in every fanbase" but to come on here and dismiss us when you haven't done much yourself and had have had one of the worst defenses in college football just gets to me. I was simply trying to show that the arrogance over the first two seasons in the SEC may be a bit of a stretch. Pump the breaks and do it consistently and you will get that respect. We have went 11-2 and beat many quality teams and we are just now getting there.

I think we all will agree that it is time for the season to start. It has been a long offseason, everyone is ready to go. These last 9 days will take forever.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:09 PM   #15
CockyCody
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:

I would say that we definitely have the advantage at QB as well. Dylan has at least played in some meaningful games and in some hostile conditions and did well.

CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:13 PM   #16
Gamecock in TX
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyCody View Post
I would say that we definitely have the advantage at QB as well. Dylan has at least played in some meaningful games and in some hostile conditions and did well.

Agree. Even if the QB position talent wise is a wash, the home field advantage is a big deal and a definite edge for the home team. I would say this if the roles were reversed, and we will experience this next year in College Station with more than likely a first time starter at QB. The crowd noise and atmosphere makes things much tougher on the visiting QB. Can you win on the road, absolutely, but it is very tough to do in the SEC because most every stadium is a tough venue due to the passion of the crowd.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:08 PM   #17
TheUniversityofSC
NSA Agent

Male

TheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock in TX View Post
Some of the Aggies have been good on here, others unbearable, which is probably similar to every fanbase out there. I have seen some dismiss some things while continuing to promote garbage about their team at other times. Here are a few statistics from the very recent past that I find interesting that they don't talk about:

Since joining the SEC, the Aggies have not played a BCS automatic qualifier or Power 5 team in the non-conference schedule. They don't play one this year either, not one. I get it may have to do with the conference change, but that doesn't change the fact that in the past two seasons, 40% (8 of 20) of their wins have come against an inferior level of competition. For comparison, 18% (4 of 22) of USC's wins have come against this level of competition.

In the past three seasons, the Aggies are 1-6 against teams that finished ranked in the Top 10 of the final AP or coaches poll. For comparison, USC is 5-2 (best in the SEC) during the same period.

In the past three seasons, the Aggies are 5-10 against teams that finished ranked in the Top 25 of the final AP or coaches poll. For comparison, USC is 12-3 (best in the SEC) during the same period.

This will be a good game, be we will win this game. Call me cocky, confident, whatever you want, but we have demonstrated and shown we are the better program. We are in a better place, have performed better, have better discipline and better overall coaching. Our defense was good prior to Clowney and will be good after Clowney. The Aggies are still riding the Bama win from 2012 but completely disregard that save for that game, they have performed terribly in most of their games when they actually face a good team.

I enjoy friendly banter back and forth, but there comes a time when it gets ridiculous. I am excited for your first trip to Williams Brice. Come practice your cheers or whatever it is you call them, but they are going to be drowned out the entire night by one of our favorites against your sorry defense:

Another Carolina....First Down
Who the hell cares that much about aandm? Must be a longhorn.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:14 PM   #18
Gamecock in TX
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUniversityofSC View Post
Who the hell cares that much about aandm? Must be a longhorn.
Not a longhorn. Living outside of Dallas, I do work and interact with both of them. I will say the aTm fans are much better than the Texas and the Oklahoma fans.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:14 PM   #19
topcock77
Walk On

Male

topcock77 is learning to peck

I know A&M has recruited well under Sumlin, but losing Manziel, Evans, those o-lineman and having a horrific defense doesn't exactly seem like a recipe for success.
topcock77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:25 AM   #20
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

CockyCash: 200
Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcock77 View Post
I know A&M has recruited well under Sumlin, but losing Manziel, Evans, THAT o-lineman and having a horrific defense doesn't exactly seem like a recipe for success.
FIFY we only lost one, the other 4 are still there.