CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TastyLicks
PageUSC
highstick
JSmothers1
Interesting quotes f (1314)
We're going to the N (877)
Have you ever been s (801)
Tennessee Offense Br (629)
This season and recr (349)
Women's Team Ranked (326)
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTIN (289)
Anyone have a recipe (273)
Key for 2015 defense (272)
Favorite online flas (185)
Have you ever been so wro
NBA: Knicks @ Cavaliers(1
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTING
We're going to the NCAA T
NCAAF: TENNESSEE @ SOUTH
Lebron makes Cleveland re
Uniforms for Tenn
Interesting quotes from D
Women's Team Ranked #2 In
Key for 2015 defense

Old 08-20-2014, 12:31 AM   #61
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit
Default Re: Vote for Browns starting QB - Shaw

Well I see the a&m people know how to make friends in their new conference. Hey here's a great idea let's go on South Carolina's board and talk about how arguably one of their best Quarterbacks ever is not nfl talent. Seriously you guys need to get lost. If not there is always the ignore feature on here.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:35 AM   #62
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

So Connor beat Mizzou last year in 1 quarter and jf couldn't do it in a whole game injured hmm.... There is comparisons to be made and call me Mr Garnet Glasses all you want but Connor is by far a better candidate to be the face of a football team. I personally don't want Connor to be the Browns Quarterback I wish he would come somewhere closer to home so I could go see him play in the nfl some. Because Lord knows I have no desire to ever step 1 foot in the state of Ohio.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:37 AM   #63
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

CockyCash: 200
Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
Well I see the a&m people know how to make friends in their new conference. Hey here's a great idea let's go on South Carolina's board and talk about how arguably one of their best Quarterbacks ever is not nfl talent. Seriously you guys need to get lost. If not there is always the ignore feature on here.

I never said that he is not NFL talent or that he couldn't find a spot somewhere. I have said many times I hope he gets a shot and I like seeing good things happen to good people, but I am saying that you can't base him being ready to be a starter in one game while playing with the 3's and 4's
Old 08-20-2014, 12:42 AM   #64
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thGauge View Post
Johnny went against 4th string? At the end of the game? He started against 1st, went to second in the 2nd & 3rd quarters. Then all the others came in ie: Connor Shaw. Look he is talented... just not NFL starting talent
It was this guy^ Didn't say you but it's likely your guilty conscience that made you bark at my post you told on yourself.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:44 AM   #65
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie96 View Post
I never said that he is not NFL talent or that he couldn't find a spot somewhere. I have said many times I hope he gets a shot and I like seeing good things happen to good people, but I am saying that you can't base him being ready to be a starter in one game while playing with the 3's and 4's
You can only perform with what you are given to perform with in the time you are given to perform in so far Connor has done so.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:46 AM   #66
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
So Connor beat Mizzou last year in 1 quarter and jf couldn't do it in a whole game injured hmm.... There is comparisons to be made and call me Mr Garnet Glasses all you want but Connor is by far a better candidate to be the face of a football team. I personally don't want Connor to be the Browns Quarterback I wish he would come somewhere closer to home so I could go see him play in the nfl some. Because Lord knows I have no desire to ever step 1 foot in the state of Ohio.
Wait a sec, I thought DT was the guy that everyone said was the starter in that game and did so well...

I am with you on the never wanting to go to Ohio and wishing my QB was playing elsewhere as well.

To be fair, Connor also had a top 25 defense helping him out as well in that game. JFF was injured as well against Mizzou and to be honest the transitive property doesn't really mean much in football.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:08 AM   #67
Absfract
World Traveler

Male

CockyCash: 500
Absfract is sharpening his clawsAbsfract is sharpening his clawsAbsfract is sharpening his clawsAbsfract is sharpening his clawsAbsfract is sharpening his claws

Connor is clutch and has a way of rallying the players around him and elevating their game when the chips are down. He leads and gets respect even from his opposition.

JFF lacks leadership and in a completely opposite way NFL defenses are chomping at the bit to chew him up and spit him out... everyone wants a piece of him.

Going to be interesting to see what happens here... I'd go with the leader that inspires his men.
Absfract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:15 AM   #68
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absfract View Post
Connor is clutch and has a way of rallying the players around him and elevating their game when the chips are down. He leads and gets respect even from his opposition.

JFF lacks leadership and in a completely opposite way NFL defenses are chomping at the bit to chew him up and spit him out... everyone wants a piece of him.

Going to be interesting to see what happens here... I'd go with the leader that inspires his men.

Go back and watch the Duke game last year in the second half and tell me JFF lacks leadership... Go back and watch the games where Evans was losing it and getting penalties and JFF got over and straightened him out and tell me he lacks it still.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:16 AM   #69
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Wait a sec, I thought DT was the guy that everyone said was the starter in that game and did so well...

I am with you on the never wanting to go to Ohio and wishing my QB was playing elsewhere as well.

To be fair, Connor also had a top 25 defense helping him out as well in that game. JFF was injured as well against Mizzou and to be honest the transitive property doesn't really mean much in football.
Dylan did play well but sadly or stud Rb Mike Davis fumbled twice in the red zone. Then Connor came in and provided a spark to the team and we won. We were down 17-0 when Connor entered and we beat then #5 in the nation Mizzou which Little johnny couldn't.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:18 AM   #70
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absfract View Post

Old 08-20-2014, 01:20 AM   #71
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Go back and watch the Duke game last year in the second half and tell me JFF lacks leadership... Go back and watch the games where Evans was losing it and getting penalties and JFF got over and straightened him out and tell me he lacks it still.
Against Duke? Sorry but that argument isn't going to hold any weight here.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:45 AM   #72
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Oh no, not the DUKE GAME. LMFAO really dude?
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:34 AM   #73
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Talking about the leadership he showed to keep the team focused and come back from one of the biggest deficits in bowl history.
JFF's performance in that game and especially the second half was legendary. Sorry if you can't see that
Old 08-20-2014, 09:48 AM   #74
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Talking about the leadership he showed to keep the team focused and come back from one of the biggest deficits in bowl history.
JFF's performance in that game and especially the second half was legendary. Sorry if you can't see that

Aggie...you've gained some credibility around here with many of your posts, but you're quickly losing a lot of it with this "take" on Connor. Much like Gamecock fans couldn't possibly (ever) understand or appreciate JF the way you guys do - you could not understand what we saw in Connor every time he stepped on a field.

Personally I think there's a LOT of similarities in the two QBs and to be honest I am not certain that JF is truly a "STANDARD" NFL talent QB. The right team, the right offense...I think he will do fine in the long run.

The same can be said for Shaw. However the one thing that I think is undeniable is the fact that Manziel is a VERY immature, disrespectful BOY who exhibits an entitlement mentality that seems destined to prevent him from ever being successful in the NFL for a decade or more.

Hell even the Cleveland fanbase voted him THIRD to start the next game. They voted Hoyer second and Shaw a whopping 70%. That tells me that their fan base has already grown tired of his "above it all" mindset and demeanor.

So I wouldn't be too certain about Johnny in the NFL long term. Based on his lifestyle choices before ever getting to Cleveland (rolling up twenties in the bathroom), getting plastered at every turn and hanging with the wonderful crowd he's hanging with (Bieber, etc) - it's only a matter of time before he'll fail a drug test or two.

Would it SURPRISE ANYONE if it came out tomorrow that he'd failed a drug test? Hell no. Also, he probably can't handle the kind of performance that he had Monday night mentally. I can see those kinds of performance doing a number on him.

How about if he performs poorly at this next game in Cleveland? How about if the fans boo him? Can you see JF flipping THEM the bird? I can.

I think there's a good chance that JF won't even be around in 4-5 years.

That said - Connor may not either, but right now I'd say the odds are about the same for both QBs despite all the talk of how talented JF is.

Personally I think most coaches would tell you that they'd take five Connor Shaw's for a Johnny Football any day of the week.

We'll see how it all plays out. My money is on Shaw.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:20 AM   #75
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1310176
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Down 21 at half to Duke vs Down 17 To #5 Missouri is not the same. I think overcoming a 17 point deficit in one quarter is greater than 21 points in a half!
Old 08-20-2014, 10:37 AM   #76
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

The comments on that site are great. I don't know if Carolina fans hijacked those as well as the voting. If not, the Browns fans really like some Shaw.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:56 AM   #77
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

I voted; results as of now:

Connor Shaw 77.25% (15,480 votes)
Brian Hoyer 12.46% (2,497 votes)
Johnny Manziel 8.07% (1,618 votes)
Rex Grossman 1.65% (331 votes)
Other: 0.56% (112 votes)

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:14 AM   #78
Absfract
World Traveler

Male

CockyCash: 500
Absfract is sharpening his clawsAbsfract is sharpening his clawsAbsfract is sharpening his clawsAbsfract is sharpening his clawsAbsfract is sharpening his claws

Quote:
When Aggies have a way too optimistic perspective of something, they must get brown-colored glasses... from digging around in the bullsh!t
Absfract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:06 PM   #79
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

I find it interesting that on that brown's site that the article for naming the starter today still makes no mention of Connor Shaw...not even once. Media have become true sensationalists vs fact based. Hell, they can't even take a clue from their own fan based voting on their own webpage...idiots.

My hope is Shaw gets traded and goes on to greatness and JF is left to rot in the graveyard of QB's, which is Cleveland.

I recall a little touted QB that didn't make it in ATL and got traded away. Went on to be one of the best ever.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:11 PM   #80
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&B View Post
I find it interesting that on that brown's site that the article for naming the starter today still makes no mention of Connor Shaw...not even once. Media have become true sensationalists vs fact based. Hell, they can't even take a clue from their own fan based voting on their own webpage...idiots.

My hope is Shaw gets traded and goes on to greatness and JF is left to rot in the graveyard of QB's, which is Cleveland.

I recall a little touted QB that didn't make it in ATL and got traded away. Went on to be one of the best ever.

THIS. I am hoping they cut him so bad, so a team that needs a QB can bring him and not have him waste away behind a mediocre primadonna QB. If we had to choose on JFF or CS for the QB for our team this year, seriously, who would take JFF?