CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
Badazcock
CockyLifer
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (27873)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2200)
Simple "yes&quo (1552)
We actually didnt lo (1308)
Phil Steele just pre (1235)
what I think ab ward (1072)
Eat Crow (981)
Extremely Proud (955)
Garcia: Change the R (785)
I want people to exp (692)
Stop bashing Dylan
Who start on the d line t
Defense question
Extremely Proud
Eat Crow
what I think ab ward
We would be 7-1 with just
TeMarcus Blanton
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
I want people to explain

Old 08-19-2014, 09:22 PM   #21
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: Preparing for the smash route

Good post. We need to find some way to disrupt the timing of their pass routes, and I don't think we'll get the push we need from our front guys. I think we'll have a hard time stopping them between the 20's, but should be able to match up better in the red zone.

I fully expect us to give up at least one score due to busted coverage. Ball control is the key to this game.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:35 AM   #22
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Game could be a shootout but the X factor is our house.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:01 AM   #23
uscandy
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his claws

Respect your opponent, but fear no one. Sounds like too much fear in this thread. Old Carolina again!
uscandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:53 AM   #24
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

CockyCash: 200
Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
Controlling the T.O.P and keeping their offense off the field will be the best defense. They are going to get yards, plain and simple. That offense is all about racking up as many yards as possible. So keeping them off the field and making them play from behind will be essential.
Correct. If you can control the TOP for a good part of the game it will go a long way to helping your cause.

What you saw in the past 2 years is not Sumlin's offense. You will see a system who's teams have averaged 360 yds passing per game before JFF keeping that on the sidelines will be a huge factor.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:44 AM   #25
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscandy View Post
Respect your opponent, but fear no one. Sounds like too much fear in this thread. Old Carolina again!

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:19 AM   #26
Cockypantherfan
Banned

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Still have to get to the QB though. This is the amount of sacks by returnees from last year:

DL: 4

Surratt - 1.5
Harris - 1.0
English - 0.5
Griffin - 0.5
Dixon, Jr. - 0.5

LB: 5.5

Roberts - 1.5
Golightly - 1.5
Lewis - 1.0
Holloman - 1.0
Moore - 0.5

Not sure who is going to bring the pressure. One would hope that English can get around 10 this year.
English or Dixon Jr. needs to go off this year. I think we will see them
Both have 5+ sacks this year. I'm staying optimistic.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:23 AM   #27
Cockypantherfan
Banned

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
Ball control. Ball control. Ball control. The 3 keys to beating A&M. I think our ground attack of long, methodical, drives will drive the a&m offense crazy. Hopefully that, their relative inexperience at some of the skill positions, and our crowd noise will force them into some quick decisions and turnovers that ultimately lead us to victory.
Good point and I agree that long drives from us could have a psychological effect on A&M's offense making them speed up even more and perhaps be forced in to careless turnovers.

On the other side of the coin we need to make sure we protect the ball and don't give it away.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:08 AM   #28
MrED
Recruit

Male

MrED is sharpening his clawsMrED is sharpening his clawsMrED is sharpening his clawsMrED is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
yeah A&M is probably going to move it and score. Newbies at end and corner and sumlin's offense are not a good combo.
Yes, but we'll force them to work it down field methodically and keep everything in front of us like we normally do.

I think they'll get plenty of 1st downs but Red Zone Defense wins this game.
MrED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #29
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

ra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Cuss View Post
You can solve this with cover two, but it opens up the two deep routes on the center and outside. Just gotta time our blitzing right and hope the man-to-man is covered when we blitz.
As a football coach and an offensive coach at that, I WANT you to run Cover 2 and try to stop a smash route. Easiest read in the game. If the cover 2 corner sits on the curl, throw it to the corner right right in front of the hash safety. It's pitch and catch. As a matter of fact, it's a sight adjustment for Steve Spurrier's offense, you see cover 2, if smash is not on, call it. (obviously depending on the situation).

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:36 PM   #30
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra742002 View Post
As a football coach and an offensive coach at that, I WANT you to run Cover 2 and try to stop a smash route. Easiest read in the game. If the cover 2 corner sits on the curl, throw it to the corner right right in front of the hash safety. It's pitch and catch. As a matter of fact, it's a sight adjustment for Steve Spurrier's offense, you see cover 2, if smash is not on, call it. (obviously depending on the situation).
Man i love football talk!
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:34 PM   #31
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Man coverage

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote