CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
l^l^lBGCock
I Bleed Garnet
Ericvol2096
taylorssc
COCKYTALKIN
thekob
gadeneer1986
gamecockgal
Travelin
Interesting quotes f (1194)
We're going to the N (823)
Have you ever been s (716)
Tennessee Offense Br (592)
This season and recr (336)
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTIN (282)
Anyone have a recipe (265)
Women's Team Ranked (249)
Key for 2015 defense (180)
Favorite online flas (175)
Have you ever been so wro
Lebron makes Cleveland re
We're going to the NCAA T
Key for 2015 defense
Women's Team Ranked #2 In
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
SEC Coaches Dress Up for
Interesting quotes from D
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Chances we win out now?

Old 08-20-2014, 08:13 AM   #1
Cockypantherfan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default 2013 game vs TN is on SECN right now

It is in the fourth quarter and I had to turn it off. That game was such an abysmal performance from our team. Marquez North SMOKED us twice on long catches in the fourth. Yuck, I have a bad taste in my mouth now.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #2
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2013 game vs TN is on SECN right now

I haven't seen one game SC was involved in that was a win. Espn/secn hate us.

Seriously, look at the games they are showing, 2010 SC vs Kentucky. We just came off upsetting #1 Alabama and drop one to the wildcats. It wasn't a particularly good game, why show it? 2013 SC vs TN, was a very boring game the majority of the time. Why show it? Just to show SC loses?

Maybe just featuring underdog games you say?

How about SC vs Bama in 2010?
SC vs over ranked Ole Miss?
SC vs UGA 2012? The shoot out with a DE fake punt TD?

They don't want to hurt SEC pride showing their darlings lose? They have, but ok:
96 carquest bowl comes down to wire.
2002 outback bowl, show OSU lose, was closer than 01 outback.
2012 outback (the hit, final seconds win)

I guess they did show 2013 SC Missouri, but even then, that's a bad entire game to watch, really just fourth quarter plus.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:54 AM   #3
Thundercocks- Ho!
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Thundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talons

The only good parts were JD and MD. I was laughing my ass off watching them try to block JD straight up. He just straight up abused the LT. Watching MD juke that safety out of his shoes on the TD run was a thing of beauty. From there on it was butt ugly.

Last edited by Thundercocks- Ho!; 08-20-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Thundercocks- Ho! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:06 AM   #4
Yearofthegamecock
Game MVP

Male

Yearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
It is in the fourth quarter and I had to turn it off. That game was such an abysmal performance from our team. Marquez North SMOKED us twice on long catches in the fourth. Yuck, I have a bad taste in my mouth now.
No thanks!
Yearofthegamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:36 AM   #5
palmettosc
hypnotoad

Male

CockyCash: 1200
palmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post

Seriously, look at the games they are showing, 2010 SC vs Kentucky. We just came off upsetting #1 Alabama and drop one to the wildcats. It wasn't a particularly good game, why show it? 2013 SC vs TN, was a very boring game the majority of the time. Why show it? Just to show SC loses?

They don't want to hurt SEC pride showing their darlings lose? They have, but ok:

I guess they did show 2013 SC Missouri, but even then, that's a bad entire game to watch, really just fourth quarter plus.
Because we're finally a good enough team that the losses they are showing are among the opposing team's best wins recently. Just be glad they're not going further into the past.
palmettosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:11 AM   #6
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Our annual letdown game. Horrible offensive performance
Old 08-20-2014, 10:23 AM   #7
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post

Sigh.

They will show our top games including 2010 Bama and 2012 UGA but the SEC network is for all SEC teams and beating us was a top game for UT and beating us was a top game for UK.
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:37 AM   #8
Gamecockman12
Blue Chip

Male

Gamecockman12 has feathers coming inGamecockman12 has feathers coming inGamecockman12 has feathers coming in

I was there for it... no need for me to see it again. Still can't believe that game.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:45 AM   #9
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Turned on the TV this morning and it was on. Felt like vomiting.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:48 AM   #10
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

The SEC Network isn't too great so far. Personally I'm not interested in watching any old games. If I do I just go to YouTube so I can watch the parts I want to see (such as Mizzou 2013). Also, they haven't allowed it to become available on any other medium but the computer or phone if you don't have access to a TV with cable (yes I know this is mainly my problem since I'm too cheap to buy cable - first it's overpriced and second why pay for it when I can use my parent's info to watch the 2-3 channels I actually care about). With that being said, it'll be nice when the games start, just not too interested in it otherwise.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:32 AM   #11
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

the passes to north get all the attention and obviously they were the two plays that got them in scoring position, but it was 21-17 and they had a 3rd and 11 at their own 16, we somehow not only let justin worley run for the 1st down but then get a horse collar on top of it. we get the stop there, maybe things turn out differently. that and the offensive drive prior to that im still wondering if they would have been able to stop us if we hand the ball off to carson after mike takes a breather. you can say that about a lot of things in that game though.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:35 AM   #12
ScottK
Blue Chip

Male

ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb

If we don't do anything big in the next couple of years then that might be the worst loss for the program
ScottK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:07 PM   #13
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

bigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his comb

My only response to this thread...

Name:  Evil.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  10.3 KB
Old 08-20-2014, 12:08 PM   #14
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

What a horrible ending for our squad in that game. And SOS should have gone for it on that 4th down, never let the home team have the ball last.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:37 PM   #15
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

never again
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:45 PM   #16
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPhilson View Post
What a horrible ending for our squad in that game. And SOS should have gone for it on that 4th down, never let the home team have the ball last.
He was supposedly going to coming out of the 1st time out. But a true freshman LB for Tennessee (Jalen Reeves Maybin) was in the game at the time and recognized what Spurrier wanted to do. He then called a defensive audible and that caused Spurrier's second time out.

Little things like that go unnoticed but supposedly we had the perfect defense set up for whatever play Steve had dialed up.

The one thing about this game I don't get is how our DLine did so well all day at getting pressure.

We were last in the SEC in sacks last year with only 18 the entire season. I am pretty sure half of those came in this game and the UK games. What happened to your Oline that game? Did they just not try?

It is too bad Worley got hurt and we blew it against Vandy later in the year because if we had made a bowl last year this game would be looked at even more positively.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:56 PM   #17
Harry Tuttle
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

Tennessee always plays us tough... I hate them for getting blown out by Oregon so bad. Ball control offense versus a no huddle, spread offense Butch. You had the size but you still played Oregon's game...
Old 08-20-2014, 02:10 PM   #18
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

I try not to think about that game.

At all.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:00 PM   #19
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

That is bad tv.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:08 PM   #20
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

The 1980 game was pretty cool, although they had George on there and he was being really complimentary, and then one guy goes, nobody remembers george or what he did, it was all about herschel and his one run, and really that was a bad play by our safety.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote