CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Yearofthegamecock
WeStillOwnUSC
TAFC 5 1981
Sir Cuss
Gamecocks1137
kick_ball
ReadR00ster
SwampFox
eightohhthree
Coulwoodwarlord
uniforms saturday (2254)
Auburn looks beatabl (1875)
Vandy Fans (1533)
Three young corners (642)
Watch ESPN3 regional (630)
King - South Carolin (612)
Clemson requires sex (559)
**official Vandy pre (548)
Cardinal's Jonathan (508)
No Vandy Predictions (320)
2015 Commitment - Arden K
Three young corners progr
Next years RB situation
Auburn looks beatable
**official Vandy predicti
Search Snacks
The SEC East schedule fro
Haven't seen one unbeatab
Cardinal's Jonathan Dwyer
Georgia Visitors List - u

Old 08-20-2014, 01:25 PM   #461
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

CockyCash: 350
Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Connor Shaw Browns

Beer tonight got me typing more than I should.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:27 PM   #462
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie96 View Post
Flame away, I earned it.
FIFY.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:35 PM   #463
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Can't find a quote, but it was implied enough and the media felt it enough and ran with it that he had to come back and make a follow up statement about it to "Clarify"

I will own it that I can't find a quote on it. I took some liberties and paraphrased. My bad.
That is not liberties or paraphrasing, that is making it up. The actual quotes have been posted and were not negative at all towards Clowney.
lakemurraycock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:44 PM   #464
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
FIFY.
Fair enough.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #465
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Can't find a quote, but it was implied enough and the media felt it enough and ran with it that he had to come back and make a follow up statement about it to "Clarify"

I will own it that I can't find a quote on it. I took some liberties and paraphrased. My bad.
to be fair, you live halfway across the country, you are only getting the medias version of what was said, not the full version, unless you were listening to the interview as it happened. I dont really blame you. also you owned up to paraphrasing. nbd

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:10 PM   #466
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
to be fair, you live halfway across the country, you are only getting the medias version of what was said, not the full version, unless you were listening to the interview as it happened. I dont really blame you. also you owned up to paraphrasing. nbd
Even worse, I live halfway around the world. literally. 12 hr difference

Thx
Old 08-20-2014, 02:13 PM   #467
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latti2001 View Post
Really?? Manziel couldn't even remember a play to recite when asked by Gruden during his interview!
Yea....rookies do forget plays....now back to Connor Shaw - Browns.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:17 PM   #468
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Hopefully Connor will get more PT next game with all the fan attention he's been getting lately.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:19 PM   #469
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post

Yep.

Real stand up guy you got there.
Wow, that's a lot of....$1 bills....

thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:34 PM   #470
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post

That's what I thought too...Wonder what he's gonna splurge on? An X-Box AND a PlayStation? Such a child.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:25 PM   #471
uscgrad68
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 616
uscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
Hopefully Connor will get more PT next game with all the fan attention he's been getting lately.
Manziel will be listed second in line for playing time, but since he admits he does not know the play book they could possibly give Connor mop-up duty. I heard a "guest expert" on ESPN radio yesterday that if Connor fills this role like he did Monday night that there will be other teams interested in his services.

That same "expert" said he did not think Connor would play in the coming preseason games since the Browns have stated that they would split the playing time between Hoyer and Manziel, which now might be mostly Hoyer since he was named the starter today.

I doubt Connor sees the field in the regular season, unless an injury occurs to Hoyer or Manziel, or the two of them stink it up so badly that they go to option 3 (or 4?).
uscgrad68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:31 PM   #472
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post

He saves the big ones for doing lines....
Old 08-20-2014, 08:05 PM   #473
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1310176
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

Steve Spurrier, Dylan Thompson on Connor Shaw's NFL debut

Nice!
Old 08-20-2014, 08:16 PM   #474
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Connor helped himself out a lot the other night! He once again proved to himself he can do it and he also let others take notice. With very limited snaps in practice he was able to go out and do good things. It might take awhile, but Connor will get a shot.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:49 PM   #475
StormOfTalons
Blue Chip

Male

StormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPit

Quote:
Ok a few things to get straight here. Connor threw a Hail Mary and yes it did hit a Browns Player first before it bounced off two people and another caught it, but it is not like he threw it on a frozen rope to a guy in stride. The Browns player was able to see the ball coming in like a punt and adjust his location to it.

Second, for all those willing to burn JFF at the stake, get real folks... It was a middle finger... Most of you will give that to someone in traffic on the way to work this week and it won't mean shit...

Was it the best decision? No, walking away in hindsight would have been better, but is that any worse than the F-bombs most of those guys throw out after almost every play and the getting up in someone's face and taunting that some guys do?

Come on guys put this in perspective. If the title of an article read "random guy gives someone the finger and walked off" would it be newsworthy? No...
Jesus H. Christ -- STFU with that noise.

Johnny Mangina has sucked so far in the NFL and when Connor got his shot he outplayed him. Deal with it.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:20 PM   #476
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Ok a few things to get straight here. Connor threw a Hail Mary and yes it did hit a Browns Player first before it bounced off two people and another caught it, but it is not like he threw it on a frozen rope to a guy in stride. The Browns player was able to see the ball coming in like a punt and adjust his location to it.

Second, for all those willing to burn JFF at the stake, get real folks... It was a middle finger... Most of you will give that to someone in traffic on the way to work this week and it won't mean shit...

Was it the best decision? No, walking away in hindsight would have been better, but is that any worse than the F-bombs most of those guys throw out after almost every play and the getting up in someone's face and taunting that some guys do?

Come on guys put this in perspective. If the title of an article read "random guy gives someone the finger and walked off" would it be newsworthy? No...
Its not just the deep ball, as far as composure and comfortability, Shaw looked the most comfortable out of all of the quarterbacks that played besides cousins. Shaw made a couple throws that made him look like he'd been in the league for a while.

Now to Johnny D-bag. Im prone to believe that Johnny Football is dumb, and by dumb I mean, the kid hasnt learned the playbook yet. He looked utterly confused on the field a majority of the time. I honestly believe that Sumlin let him play backyard football on the field, just like every other coach, and now its catching up to him.

As for the middle finger, its not just simply the gesture, its the fact that the middle finger is just another incident in a long line of problems that seem to plague him. i.e. rolling a 20 in a vegas restroom, "accidently showing up late to a meeting" and theres many more.

Take off the glasses and see what the rest of the country is looking at.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:53 PM   #477
JulesWinnfield90
Banned

Male

JulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his claws

I dont really have a dog in this fight and I certainly can't stand that kid Johnny Fratboy, but people on here that think Shaw should be starting are delusional...he looked solid against guys that aren't even gonna make the final 52 man roster. Good for him, but lets not turn it into something that it wasnt
JulesWinnfield90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:58 PM   #478
nodnahs
Blue Chip

Male

nodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudly

1st post Jules? Wonder what sparked you're interest enough to post, where in Beaufort do you live?
nodnahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:01 PM   #479
JulesWinnfield90
Banned

Male

JulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnahs View Post
1st post Jules? Wonder what sparked you're interest enough to post, where in Beaufort do you live?

I usually lurk but I couldnt hold my tongue any longer...or keyboard in this case.
JulesWinnfield90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:05 PM   #480
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesWinnfield90 View Post
I usually lurk but I couldnt hold my tongue any longer...or keyboard in this case.
Lurk? Your aware its August 2014 and your probably a Texas A&M Fan or Clemson Fan who doesn't understand how to properly troll.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote