CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
taylorssc
cockybreeyan
ReadR00ster
Goofyboy
rrsandersjr
Freshman ND WR " (760)
Call of Duty: Advanc (502)
Good Riddance to bad (425)
Keeping tailgate foo (303)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (268)
An A to Z of Noah We (188)
The Comeback & T (177)
Bashing Players, coa (139)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (86)
NCAAF: SOUTHERN CAL (74)
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
SEC Debate: Best candidat
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
Rank the QBs under Spurri

Old 08-18-2014, 08:39 PM   #21
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21
Default Re: Question about renewing (not renewing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse james View Post
Yes, under the current process, points determine priority within giving level for buying season tickets - so, to clarify, nothing has changed in that respect this year. But the current process is the result of a change implemented by Hyman a few years back that still causes a good bit of confusion. Prior to that, it was strictly a points-based system without regard to your giving level that rewarded years of continous giving and accumulated contributions over the long haul.

Hyman reduced the number of points awarded for years of consecutive giving and redefined the points system to apply priority only within giving levels . . . so under the new/current system a first time Silver Spur donor who gives $3300 this year and has 33 points (1 point per $100 contribution) can jump to the front of the priority line when selecting foootball seats - ahead of all of the Full Scholarship donors who have been giving $1500 a year for 25+ years with 500+ points (ok, yes, I'm still pretty ill about that ).

In fairness, the "new" system does still allow those of us who have been buying tickets for all those years to retain our seats, so it only becomes an issue if you're wanting to move/improve your seats. However, priority for post-season tickets and parking is still (supposedly) done on a strict total points basis without regard to giving level . . .
FWIW...as long as 20 years ago, a 1st year Silver Spur got assigned season tickets before a 30 year Full Scholarship as season tickets were assigned based on giving level and years within said giving level. Season tickets were assigned in order of GS, SS, FS, HS, RH, Century for years. I remember many a LONG day (and night) at the ticket office during the summer working on seat assignments, on hand drawn charts of each section, penciling in the name of the donor on each seat (those that were empty b/c of non renewal), and then entering it into the computer for reference and ticket printing. Fun times I tell ya!
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:43 AM   #22
jtm12180
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
jtm12180 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsandersjr View Post
I've got friends that moved or had other conflicts and would get the tickets and sell them each year until their circumstances changed. If you can't afford a century club donation, please don't try starting a family.
While I appreciate your response about the tickets, I didn't really need the advice about if I should start a family.

$165 here, and then $100 here, $200 there for other things not GCC related, add up!
jtm12180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:44 AM   #23
jtm12180
Walk On

Male

and thank you to the others who responded!!!
Old 08-20-2014, 11:40 PM   #24
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

One thing that's overlooked is that if you are new to the club, even coming in at a higher giving level, you are depending on people at lower membership levels giving up their seats. Due to our glorious success it seems most everyone kept their seats, meaning newcomers like me will be in the upper decks despite the bigger bucks. Oh well it's good at tax time and I am happy as hell to be going to all the games.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #25
jesse james
4-Star

Male

jesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
One thing that's overlooked is that if you are new to the club, even coming in at a higher giving level, you are depending on people at lower membership levels giving up their seats.
This is true, but a lot also depends on how many seats you're looking for. If you're giving at SS level and you just want 2 seats, you won't have any problem getting seats in the lower bowl if thats where you want them. I'm pretty high in the FS priority and there are plenty of seats left when my selection time rolls around each year. I always look around just to see what's available, but I love my seats in the Section 12 so I've never been willing to risk moving to another section (which is especially good for me since the end zone seats also have the lowest seat license fee!)

Also, my son joined at the Roost level ($55) last year and when his seat selection time came around there were plenty of single seats scatttered around in the lower bowl - and he was dead last in priority points since it was his first year giving at the minimum level. This year when seat selection time came around another single opened up right beside him and he jumped on it. So now he has two seats in the lower bowl as a second year donor at the minimum level.
jesse james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:50 AM   #26
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtm12180 View Post
While I appreciate your response about the tickets, I didn't really need the advice about if I should start a family.

$165 here, and then $100 here, $200 there for other things not GCC related, add up!

I don't think he was trying to be a prick, but warning you, to watch the F*CK out, cause man, that shit is expensive... Sometimes I look at my 5 year old and think....damn, you aint cheap kiddo...Lots of sacrifices for sure. Anyway, good luck with the tickets and the family.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:14 PM   #27
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Try 3 girls AC.

I looked at my wife the other day and said, "do you realize how many houses we could own for what they're costing us?"
Old 08-21-2014, 03:26 PM   #28
jtm12180
Walk On

Male

haha...try $50,000+ for a surrogacy ;)