CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Regalcock
CockyLifer
JerseyBird
The Yancey
kingoftheroost
SMOTFS86
Gamecocks1137
catdaddy66
B-G
**USC vs. Coker GAME (2228)
Bruce!!! (1421)
2014 Subway Classic: (1226)
Cocky at the Duck Co (286)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (219)
aTm demolishes Kyle (201)
movers, furniture do (190)
Streaming nfl games (173)
Deer Hunting 2014 (171)
Happy Winter Solstic (125)
aTm demolishes Kyle Field
So, why is next year goin
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
Cocky at the Duck Command
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Former Gamecock rooting f
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Bruce!!!
***2014 Carolina Panthers
How Long Will The Rebuild

Old 08-20-2014, 11:19 PM   #21
12+4=6
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 850
12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to 12+4=6
Default Re: Your SEC Standings Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanford View Post
I think unless we have another year where the entire offense gets hurt that we are going to contend for the east and maybe the conference. I don't think that's being out of line being that most all the talking heads are mixed on the predictions for the east between SC and UGA.

I don't think Mason is going to be the dud that opposing fan bases are saying(hoping) he will be. the kid has talent, as indicated by crushing every high school passing record in the state of GA. he had 2 starts last year at seasons end and threw for 300 yards or better in both despite not having his best receivers and playing in the rain vs Nebraska.

I think he will be just fine. he has a very nice supporting cast around him.
Agreed. Not as good as Dylan and USC, but not 4th or 5th in the East. If UGA didn't have to come to Columbia most experts would probably have them as the division favorite. That's one of the only separating factors I hear mentioned over and over again.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:22 PM   #22
JulesWinnfield90
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
JulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his claws

USC beating UGA isn't the problem...its not losing to a crap team later in the year and losing the division title because they didnt show up
JulesWinnfield90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:47 PM   #23
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
pure gold.
Seriously I hate UGA but that dude needs to take the garnet glasses off for about 5 minutes.

That's why you can't have serious discussion on here because fans can't look at things objectively.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:12 AM   #24
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesWinnfield90 View Post
USC beating UGA isn't the problem...its not losing to a crap team later in the year and losing the division title because they didnt show up
Okay, so USC are the only team that has a "losing to a crap team" worry? Didn't Georgia lose to Vandy last year and escape by the skin of it's teeth against that same crap Tennessee team? It's life on the road in the SEC. It could happen to anyone.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:26 AM   #25
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouTrav View Post
You had us first in East last year or no? Ok then lol ;-)
Pretty sure you didn't either.. But we still beat y'all nice choke job

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:31 AM   #26
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

EAST
USC 7-1
Georgia 5-3
Florida 4-4
Missouri 4-4
Tennesse 2-6
Vandy 2-6
Kentucky 0-8

WEST
Bama 8-0
Ole Miss 7-1
Auburn 6-2
LSU 5-3
MSU 3-5
A&M 2-6
Arky 1-7

South Carolina over Alabama 31-28.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:45 AM   #27
NAGamecockFan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 755
NAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spurs

East
USC
Georgia
Florida
Tennessee
Missouri
Vanderbilt
Kentucky

West
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
A&M
Ole Miss
Miss State
Arkansas
NAGamecockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:05 AM   #28
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
EAST

Georgia
USC
Florida
Missouri
Tenn
Vandy
UK

WEST

Auburn
Bama
LSU
A&M
Ole Miss
Arkansas
Miss St
Quote:
where do you think your team is going with no Erin Murray? Although I agree that guy that said Tenn would give you issues was out of his tree
Says the guy with UGA leading the east.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:15 AM   #29
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000995751
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAGamecockFan View Post
East
USC
Georgia
Florida
Tennessee
Missouri
Vanderbilt
Kentucky

West
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
A&M
Ole Miss
Miss State
Arkansas

East

South Carolina
Georgia
Missouri
Tennessee
Florida
Vanderbilt
Kentucky

(Sorry but Florida's offense behind Driskel is doomed, unless they change coaching staffs and coaches)

West
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Miss St.
A&M
Ole Miss
Arkansas

(I expect Arkansas to be worse than Kentucky, there has been a year for defenses to figure out Auburn runs 3 plays, and I also expect Miss St and LSU to be tradable spots.)
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:26 AM   #30
NAGamecockFan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 755
NAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spursNAGamecockFan has earned his spurs

Even with Driskel no way Florida loses to Mizzou or Tennessee. New OC should help.
NAGamecockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:04 AM   #31
SuperCockMaster
Banned

Male

SuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
Seriously I hate UGA but that dude needs to take the garnet glasses off for about 5 minutes.

That's why you can't have serious discussion on here because fans can't look at things objectively.
Are you serious? UGA barely beat Tennessee last year. Butch Jones has been doing a good job of bringing that team around. He did it at Cincinatti, and he even did it at Central Michigan. I think they'll be much improved.

They've got a really good WR who's coming along strong in Marquez North, or did we all forget how well he played down the stretch last year before getting injured against Vandy and the clutch catch he made to seal the game against us? They also still have Worley who's pretty underrated IMO. Call me crazy all you want, but Tennessee is far from a pushover. Don't even start the injury train BS either. That's no excuse for that game. You still had Murray who is now gone gone gone.
SuperCockMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:05 AM   #32
MizzouTrav
Walk On

Male

MizzouTrav is making other chickens nervousMizzouTrav is making other chickens nervousMizzouTrav is making other chickens nervousMizzouTrav is making other chickens nervousMizzouTrav is making other chickens nervousMizzouTrav is making other chickens nervousMizzouTrav is making other chickens nervousMizzouTrav is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
Pretty sure you didn't either.. But we still beat y'all nice choke job
Actually I did. Yeah you beat us.... We still won the SEC east so it matters not. You can beat us every year if you like if that's the ending result lol. I didn't come for smack but since you're bringing up choke jobs...how about a choke job that actually mattered in the final SEC standings to keep it thread (sort of) relevant... Hello Tennessee Game? Ok. Exactly. It happens. Was just giving my prediction which is "my" opinion sir.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:09 AM   #33
sanford
4-Star

Male

sanford has developed his gaff and talonssanford has developed his gaff and talonssanford has developed his gaff and talonssanford has developed his gaff and talonssanford has developed his gaff and talonssanford has developed his gaff and talonssanford has developed his gaff and talonssanford has developed his gaff and talonssanford has developed his gaff and talonssanford has developed his gaff and talonssanford has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCockMaster View Post
Are you serious? UGA barely beat Tennessee last year. Butch Jones has been doing a good job of bringing that team around. He did it at Cincinatti, and he even did it at Central Michigan. I think they'll be much improved.

They've got a really good WR who's coming along strong in Marquez North, or did we all forget how well he played down the stretch last year before getting injured against Vandy and the clutch catch he made to seal the game against us? They also still have Worley who's pretty underrated IMO. Call me crazy all you want, but Tennessee is far from a pushover. Don't even start the injury train BS either. That's no excuse for that game. You still had Murray who is now gone gone gone.

so Worley is underrated and is a big part of why Tenn is going to be better, but Mason is a dud for UGA and is why they will have nothing but a running game?

I can't believe someone who claims to be a football fan would seriously put this out there. there is no way anyone can be that stupid.

just say you hate UGA too much to be involved in a rational conversation about season or game analysis that involves them.
sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:32 AM   #34
SCohioBoy
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 999880
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

East
Carolina
UGA
Uf
Mizzu
Tenn
Vandy
UK

West
Bama
Auburn
LSU
Miss St
TAM
Ole Piss
Arky
Old 08-21-2014, 09:46 AM   #35
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:

What are you talking about? I didn't say anything about Tennessee being a pushover. I actually agree with you there. Butch is recruiting strong and building a very good team. Watch out for Tennessee in 2015.

Yea UGA barely beat UT last year. UT beat us.

There is a reason we are only favored by 3 at home vs UGA. They are a damn good football team just like we are. This is the SEC not the big 10 or ACC. There are no pushovers
Old 08-21-2014, 09:54 AM   #36
SuperCockMaster
Banned

Male

SuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPit

Quote:
so Worley is underrated and is a big part of why Tenn is going to be better, but Mason is a dud for UGA and is why they will have nothing but a running game?

I can't believe someone who claims to be a football fan would seriously put this out there. there is no way anyone can be that stupid.

just say you hate UGA too much to be involved in a rational conversation about season or game analysis that involves them.
I haven't seen Mason play against anyone of substance. I've seen Worley play against good teams and play well. He's also played against good teams and played poorly. I've never seen Mason play anyone good in the SEC, and the only game against a ranked team where he started they lost when he played poorly. I seem to remember another fourth year QB you guys had who was supposed to be good in Joe Cox and looked good in small samples. Then he took over for another UGA great in Matt Stafford. I think we all know how that turned out. Maybe you should quit drinking the red kool-aid for five minutes and think about it. Who has Mason actually played? A terrible GA Tech team, a terrible Kentucky team, and a pretty good Nebraska team. That's nowhere near enough for anyone to declare him good in any way whatsoever. It's cool though, we will know the truth in a little over a weeks time. Then we can see who's right or wrong. If he struggles vs. a weak Clemson team then we will know he's not who you guys keep pretending he already is.
SuperCockMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:58 AM   #37
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1000001185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

East
SC
UGA
UF
Tenn
Mizzou
UK
Vandy

West
Bama
Auburn
Ole Miss
LSU
Miss State
A&M
Arkansas

I think both UGA and USC finish with 9-3 (6-2) records with us holding the tiebreaker.

I'm not sure why people site Driskel as the reason UF will suck this year. If anything, he is the reason why they will be better. I think some forget he didn't play last year.

I think UT will be much improved and probably a better team than Mizzou but Mizzou's schedule is more favorable. Still went with UT to grab that 4th spot in the East.

I think we are pretty much even with UGA all things considered. Many of our fans like to say UGA won't win the East because of what weaknesses they have but forget about our weaknesses as well. If I went by recent history I would say that UGA would win the East and we'd fall just short, but I think us playing them at home and potentially having that tiebreaker could be huge.

The East will come down to 3 teams. SC, UGA, UF.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:07 AM   #38
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

East:

UGA
USC
UF
UT
UK
UM
VU

West:

AU
UA
LSU
MSU
UM
aTm
UAr

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:20 AM   #39
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

East
Leg humpers
Chickens
Rocky top
Gaytors
Vandy
Tame kittens

West
Barners
Gumps
Good Guys
Swamp kitties
Bears
Leg humper Jr.
Pigs
Old 08-21-2014, 12:48 PM   #40
sanford
4-Star

Male

sanford has developed his gaff and talonssanford has developed his gaff and talonssanford has developed his gaff and talonssanford has developed his gaff and talonssanford has developed his gaff and talonssanford has developed his gaff and talonssanford has developed his gaff and talonssanford has developed his gaff and talonssanford has developed his gaff and talonssanford has developed his gaff and talonssanford has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
I haven't seen Mason play against anyone of substance. I've seen Worley play against good teams and play well. He's also played against good teams and played poorly. I've never seen Mason play anyone good in the SEC, and the only game against a ranked team where he started they lost when he played poorly. I seem to remember another fourth year QB you guys had who was supposed to be good in Joe Cox and looked good in small samples. Then he took over for another UGA great in Matt Stafford. I think we all know how that turned out. Maybe you should quit drinking the red kool-aid for five minutes and think about it. Who has Mason actually played? A terrible GA Tech team, a terrible Kentucky team, and a pretty good Nebraska team. That's nowhere near enough for anyone to declare him good in any way whatsoever. It's cool though, we will know the truth in a little over a weeks time. Then we can see who's right or wrong. If he struggles vs. a weak Clemson team then we will know he's not who you guys keep pretending he already is.
OK dude.

you win the internet.
sanford is offline   Reply With Quote