CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
WeStillOwnUSC
USCNowAndForever
gamecockgal
SC Sandlapper
Gamecocks1137
Regalcock
Acockolypse Now
Interesting quotes f (2078)
Have you ever been s (1300)
Tennessee Offense Br (820)
Key for 2015 defense (785)
Women's Team Ranked (524)
Skai Moore out for U (467)
This season and recr (448)
Lebron makes Clevela (351)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (242)
For all the uniform (199)
Skai Moore out for UT
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw
Uniforms for Tenn
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Have you ever been so wro
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
We're going to the NCAA T
Season Tickets
Key for 2015 defense
Women's Team Ranked #2 In


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2014, 02:23 PM   #41
JulesWinnfield90
Walk On
 
JulesWinnfield90's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 47
CockyCash: 500
JulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his claws
Default Re: Your SEC Standings Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
Seriously I hate UGA but that dude needs to take the garnet glasses off for about 5 minutes.

That's why you can't have serious discussion on here because fans can't look at things objectively.
Banned for trolling
JulesWinnfield90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #42
SuperCockMaster
Banned
 
SuperCockMaster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 431
CockyCash: 200
SuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPit
Default Re: Your SEC Standings Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanford View Post
OK dude.

you win the internet.
I hit you with cold hard facts, and you have nothing to say. I love how you ignore the Joe Cox similarities. I guess facts are only convenient when they support your argument of, "Hey he was great in high school!"

Well here's some more news for you, I live in Georgia. When he went to Lassiter High School and set all those records, Lassiter wasn't even in the good division. They were in 5A not 6A where the big boys play and has pumped out multiple first round NFL picks the most recent that comes to mind being Cameron Heyward on the Steelers. He also only got them to the quarterfinals in the weaker division. It's cool though, those stats will totally transfer to college! We might as well not even play any games. I mean seriously, wtf kind of logic is that?

I cannot WAIT until you guys play Clemson. I will just let the Clemson game speak for itself from here on out. Even if Clemson shits the bed, you can rest assured Mason will barely leave Columbia alive.

Last edited by SuperCockMaster; 08-21-2014 at 06:30 PM.
SuperCockMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:50 PM   #43
BiscoCocky
Banned
 
BiscoCocky's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Denver,Co
Posts: 185
CockyCash: 500
BiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Your SEC Standings Predictions

Hutson mason is joe cox 2.0, park (if he ever plays) will be tearshinsky 2.0. But I still like uga to finish second in the east ( outside us they play most of their tough games at home, uf has too brutal of schedule to get back in the mix IMO). I honestly don't think bama is going to roll on like everyone is expecting them too, Coker maybe the most overrated qb in a good while, watch his spring at fsu game dude is hot garbage. On top of that their backfield maybe the most overhyped duo in the country, yieldon is maybe the 6th best back in the league but put a crimson jersey on him and bam hand him the heisman. Honestly I think however comes out the east beats bama if they have to play them in Atl.
BiscoCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:54 PM   #44
JulesWinnfield90
Walk On
 
JulesWinnfield90's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 47
CockyCash: 500
JulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his claws
Default Re: Your SEC Standings Predictions

Here's a thought: Three weeks into the season UGA and USC will actually PLAY...so why not wait and see what happens instead of a bunch of homers going back and forth
JulesWinnfield90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:58 PM   #45
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American
 
ReadR00ster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 9,637
CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Your SEC Standings Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
What are you talking about? I didn't say anything about Tennessee being a pushover. I actually agree with you there. Butch is recruiting strong and building a very good team. Watch out for Tennessee in 2015.

Yea UGA barely beat UT last year. UT beat us.

There is a reason we are only favored by 3 at home vs UGA. They are a damn good football team just like we are. This is the SEC not the big 10 or ACC. There are no pushovers
Yep, and we had to play UT coming off a bye and UGA didn't. Hats off UT, they stepped it up for one game. And played better defense than another team we played last year. And UGA lost Vandy and we didn't but UGA beat us, and Missouri beat UGA and won the east the east, but we beat Missouri. UGA may be a good football team, but we are better, that is why more people are predicting us to win the east. Anyone claims to be a Gamecock fans who is predicting us to not win the east this year is not being "objective" or "realistic," They are being down-right negative because most "objective" people people who don't claim to Gamecock homers are picking us to win the our division. We have the Georgia game at home, and we don't lose at home and everyone knows it.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:04 PM   #46
Nureye
Smash and Grab
 
Nureye's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Columbia
Posts: 1,778
CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material
Default Re: Your SEC Standings Predictions

East (This order is skewed b/c most of the teams will be tied at 5-3)
Florida
UGA
Scar
UT
Mizzou
Vandy
Uk

West

LSU
Bama
Auburn
Ole Miss
ATM
Miss St
Arky
__________________
I understand basic math.
Nureye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:10 PM   #47
wincocks84
Blue Chip
 
wincocks84's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: summerville
Posts: 973
CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Your SEC Standings Predictions

East:

USC
UF
UGA
Mizzou
UT
UK
Vandy

West:

LSU
BAMA
AU
Miss State
A&M
Ole Miss
Arkansas

I think UF makes it interesting this year. UT needs another year. A&M's youth will cost them a few games.Make or break yr for Mullen.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:23 PM   #48
SAETerrier
Habitual Line-Stepper
 
SAETerrier's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,425
CockyCash: 200
SAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot material
Default Re: Your SEC Standings Predictions

East:
UGA
USC
UF
Tenn
Mizzou
Vandy
UK

West:
Alabama
LSU
Auburn
Ole Miss
A&M
Miss St
Arky
__________________
My view of the last bat at the Blatt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkZqMn_umSE
SAETerrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:32 PM   #49
rioninusc
Starter
 
rioninusc's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,389
CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit
Default Re: Your SEC Standings Predictions

East

USC(10-2/11-1) Loss(es) to AU, and/or UF
UGA
UF
UT
UM
VU
UK

West

BAMA
LSU
AU
OM
TAMU
MSST
ARKY

I think UT and UM will have the same record, but UT will get the tiebreaker.

The top 3 have a good chance to win their division.

The next 2 down are the Darkhorses, they most likely wont win, but will turn some heads during the season.

The bottom 2 have no chance.

Vandy is tough to place, they lost their big weapon on O. I think they lost a lot of recruits as well last year, and have an unproven coach they could go up 1 spot, or fall behind UK.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:01 PM   #50
BiggerLSUfan
Recruit
 
BiggerLSUfan's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 190
CockyCash: 500
BiggerLSUfan has feathers coming inBiggerLSUfan has feathers coming in
Default Re: Your SEC Standings Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
East:

USC
UF
UGA
Mizzou
UT
UK
Vandy

West:

LSU
BAMA
AU
Miss State
A&M
Ole Miss
Arkansas

I think UF makes it interesting this year. UT needs another year. A&M's youth will cost them a few games.Make or break yr for Mullen.
I like your picks
BiggerLSUfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:19 PM   #51
sanford
4-Star
 
sanford's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: sc
Posts: 281
CockyCash: 500
sanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his comb
Default Re: Your SEC Standings Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCockMaster View Post
I hit you with cold hard facts, and you have nothing to say. I love how you ignore the Joe Cox similarities. I guess facts are only convenient when they support your arugment of, "Hey he was great in high school!"

Well here's some more news for you, I live in Georgia. When he went to Lassiter High School and set all those records, Lassiter wasn't even in the good division. They were in 5A not 6A where the big boys play and has pumped out multiple first round NFL picks the most recent that comes to mind being Cameron Heyward on the Steelers. He also only got them to the quarterfinals in the weaker division. It's cool though, those stats will totally transfer to college! We might as well not even play any games. I mean seriously, wtf kind of logic is that?

I cannot WAIT until you guys play Clemson. I will just let the Clemson game speak for itself from here on out. Even if Clemson shits the bed, you can rest assured Mason will barely leave Columbia alive.


I'll tell you what. If Hutson is Joe Cox 2.0 then I will be ok with that. if you remember when Joe played SC then you know that the cocks didn't win......... the Cox did.
sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:38 PM   #52
BiscoCocky
Banned
 
BiscoCocky's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Denver,Co
Posts: 185
CockyCash: 500
BiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Your SEC Standings Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanford View Post
I'll tell you what. If Hutson is Joe Cox 2.0 then I will be ok with that. if you remember when Joe played SC then you know that the cocks didn't win......... the Cox did.
Yah that game was all joe cox, had nothing to do w Boykin going Devon Hester 2.0 or anything.
BiscoCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:55 PM   #53
Lonnie
Band
 
Lonnie's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Third Stone from the Sun
Posts: 5,948
CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material
Default Re: Your SEC Standings Predictions

Can I get back to ya in November??
__________________
"You guys thought we had a good game just cause we got 5 td's, hell we had a chance to score 8 td's..." - Steve Spurrier

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:34 PM   #54
SuperCockMaster
Banned
 
SuperCockMaster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 431
CockyCash: 200
SuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPit
Default Re: Your SEC Standings Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscoCocky View Post
Yah that game was all joe cox, had nothing to do w Boykin going Devon Hester 2.0 or anything.
It was 41-37, and you played us at home. This Joe Cox 2.0 has to play at our house. Good luck with that. You lost to Kentucky too, and let's not forget you also lost to Tennessee who I am predicting will come close to if not beat you outright this season. You also probably lose to Florida depending on how many of your players are arrested by then.
SuperCockMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:12 PM   #55
ZenUSC
Two Deep
 
ZenUSC's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lexington
Posts: 1,091
CockyCash: 500
ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit
Default Re: Your SEC Standings Predictions

East:
1-USC
2-UGA
3-Tenn
4-Mizzou
5- Georgia Southern
6-Florida
7-Vandy
8-Kentucky

West:
1-Bama
2-Auburn
3-LSU
4-Ole Miss
5-Texas A&M
6-Miss St.
7-Arky
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:04 PM   #56
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC
 
uscgamecocks88's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 3,284
CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Your SEC Standings Predictions

East:

1. SC
2. Georgia
3. Florida
4. Tennessee
5. Missouri
6. Vandy
7. Kentucky

West:
1. Alabama
2. Auburn
3. LSU
4. Mississippi St
5. Ole Miss
6. Texas A&M
7. Arkansas
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:31 PM   #57
sanford
4-Star
 
sanford's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: sc
Posts: 281
CockyCash: 500
sanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his comb
Default Re: Your SEC Standings Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscoCocky View Post
Yah that game was all joe cox, had nothing to do w Boykin going Devon Hester 2.0 or anything.

so if we can't put the win on Cox because of something another team member did, then why can't the poor secondary play of UGA be the reason for the Nebraska loss instead of being pushed on a guy who threw for over 300 yards in the rain?

also, if Boykin can be the reason for a win despite the fact of having Cox as QB, then why is it so unthinkable that someone else on a more talented team can't help Mason who is twice the QB that Cox was?

LOL, again......just say you hate UGA too much to talk rational about them or scenarios that involve them.
sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:36 PM   #58
BiscoCocky
Banned
 
BiscoCocky's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Denver,Co
Posts: 185
CockyCash: 500
BiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Your SEC Standings Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanford View Post
so if we can't put the win on Cox because of something another team member did, then why can't the poor secondary play of UGA be the reason for the Nebraska loss instead of being pushed on a guy who threw for over 300 yards in the rain?

also, if Boykin can be the reason for a win despite the fact of having Cox as QB, then why is it so unthinkable that someone else on a more talented team can't help Mason who is twice the QB that Cox was?

LOL, again......just say you hate UGA too much to talk rational about them or scenarios that involve them.
All I said is joe cox is mediocre, and Hutson mason reminds me of him.I literally could give a carp about any of the scenarios that you mentioned, there all possibilities, stranger things have happened.
BiscoCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:41 PM   #59
sanford
4-Star
 
sanford's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: sc
Posts: 281
CockyCash: 500
sanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his comb
Default Re: Your SEC Standings Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCockMaster View Post
It was 41-37, and you played us at home. This Joe Cox 2.0 has to play at our house. Good luck with that. You lost to Kentucky too, and let's not forget you also lost to Tennessee who I am predicting will come close to if not beat you outright this season. You also probably lose to Florida depending on how many of your players are arrested by then.
Dude, please stop.

Cox completed 70% of his passes that day to Garcia's 58%. the same Garcia that helped you win the east that time.

as far as Kentucky, yeah we lost to them. just like you did the week after the Alabama game WITH Garcia. Us losing to Tenn....yep. just like you did the same year WITH Garcia.


just stop already.
sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:14 PM   #60
SuperCockMaster
Banned
 
SuperCockMaster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 431
CockyCash: 200
SuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPit
Default Re: Your SEC Standings Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanford View Post
Dude, please stop.

Cox completed 70% of his passes that day to Garcia's 58%. the same Garcia that helped you win the east that time.

as far as Kentucky, yeah we lost to them. just like you did the week after the Alabama game WITH Garcia. Us losing to Tenn....yep. just like you did the same year WITH Garcia.


just stop already.
Yet we still beat Bama, something you guys haven't done in seven years. Plus we won the East despite Garcia. Get it right man.

I also love how the only stats you care about where Mason's concerned are his passing yards. 53.8% completion percentage against a mediocre Nebraska defense. He also had an INT that led to one of their TDs yet you blame the entire loss on the 99 yard TD pass. If he doesn't throw that pick then you win that game. Your secondary played well despite that one play. Frazier only completed 6 passes the entire game.
SuperCockMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development