CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStillOwnUSC
COCKYTALKIN
thekob
El Cid Ranger
MountainCock
kingoftheroost
taylorssc
GarnetSwarm1990
USCNowAndForever
I Bleed Garnet
Key for 2015 defense (1119)
Skai Moore out for U (951)
Women's Team Ranked (640)
Lebron makes Clevela (540)
Troubles in Tigertow (527)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (379)
Cockaboose Video (326)
TN game weather (315)
Who is your favorite (247)
Marvel releases movi (160)
Key for 2015 defense
Who is your favorite play
Uniforms for Tenn
TN game weather
Stanley Doughty Needs spi
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Name a Gamecock
We're going to the NCAA T
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
FSU vs. Louisville

Old 08-21-2014, 04:08 PM   #1
drh2003
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
drh2003 has hatched from the shell
Default and the #1 2014 acc must see game is...

http://athlonsports.com/college-foot...see-games-2014

The ACC's Top 15 Must-See Games of 2014

"1. South Carolina at Clemson (Nov. 29)
As far as deeply entrenched rivalries and overall importance of the game to the national landscape go, it's hard to argue the Palmetto State season finale won't be one the biggest non-conference games of the year. Carolina and Steve Spurrier are eyeing an SEC East title and possible playoff berth, so a loss to the Tigers for the first time since 2008 would be crippling to those hopes."

So is athlon thinking that the best acc game will be that the Gamecocks live up to expectations so that klempsun has a chance to be the spoiler?
drh2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:20 PM   #2
thekob
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material
Default Re: and the #1 2014 acc must see game is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drh2003 View Post
http://athlonsports.com/college-foot...see-games-2014

The ACC's Top 15 Must-See Games of 2014

"1. South Carolina at Clemson (Nov. 29)
As far as deeply entrenched rivalries and overall importance of the game to the national landscape go, it's hard to argue the Palmetto State season finale won't be one the biggest non-conference games of the year. Carolina and Steve Spurrier are eyeing an SEC East title and possible playoff berth, so a loss to the Tigers for the first time since 2008 would be crippling to those hopes."

So is athlon thinking that the best acc game will be that the Gamecocks live up to expectations so that klempsun has a chance to be the spoiler?
I hope we don't lose to clem5on and cripple our SEC East hopes.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:26 PM   #3
l^l^lBGCock
Blue Chip

Male

l^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot materiall^l^lBGCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
I hope we don't lose to clem5on and cripple our SEC East hopes.
I laughed then was like wtf.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:33 PM   #4
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

I just like the fact that the top 3 ACC games all involve the SEC.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:41 PM   #5
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
I just like the fact that the top 3 ACC games all involve the SEC.
What's really amusing is how only one of the top 7 is made up of ACC teams from last year or before. There seem to be a lot of "must-see" games that include Louisville and ND (which isn't even a member in football).
Old 08-21-2014, 06:55 PM   #6
Spurrier 'Em
Recruit

Male

Spurrier 'Em is making other chickens nervousSpurrier 'Em is making other chickens nervousSpurrier 'Em is making other chickens nervousSpurrier 'Em is making other chickens nervousSpurrier 'Em is making other chickens nervousSpurrier 'Em is making other chickens nervousSpurrier 'Em is making other chickens nervous

Come on, give the guy a break. He has to find 15 ACC games that are watchable...you go through the schedule and see if you can come up with double digits in that category.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:48 PM   #7
WeStillOwnUSC
Game MVP

Male

WeStillOwnUSC is sharpening his clawsWeStillOwnUSC is sharpening his clawsWeStillOwnUSC is sharpening his clawsWeStillOwnUSC is sharpening his clawsWeStillOwnUSC is sharpening his claws

FSU vs. a team that went 4-8 last year with a loss to an FCS school the 3rd must see ACC game?

Lol, ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
You have to be in the SEC to understand the SEC.
WeStillOwnUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:24 PM   #8
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeStillOwnUSC View Post
FSU vs. a team that went 4-8 last year with a loss to an FCS school the 3rd must see ACC game?

Lol, ok.
Doesn't that tell you something?
Old 08-21-2014, 08:29 PM   #9
WeStillOwnUSC
Game MVP

Male

WeStillOwnUSC is sharpening his clawsWeStillOwnUSC is sharpening his clawsWeStillOwnUSC is sharpening his clawsWeStillOwnUSC is sharpening his clawsWeStillOwnUSC is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Doesn't that tell you something?
Yea it tells me the writer of this article is an idiot.
Quote:
Old 08-21-2014, 10:37 PM   #10
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

To be honest and bash me but if you want but if we go undefeated until the Clemson game and they beat us and we go to Atlanta and we beat Alabama, we will be in the national title playoff and would probably be the favorite since we would have beaten Alabama more than likely or whoever it is out of the SEC West and we would have a great shot at winning the first ever playoff national title and make history, I'd wouldn't care if Clemson did beat us. We would be playing for a national title and they would not. The only way they would is if they won the ACC and we met them in a rematch but even then we would get revenge. Spurrier would not lose to Dabo twice in one season. Ask FSU how that turned out for them in the Sugar Bowl when the HBC spanked them in the rematch. My point is the scenario I just laid out has us losing to Clemson in the regular season and winning the SEC and winning the national title either with Clemson staying at home with a win over us or them going home with a win over us and a loss to us and us winning the national title while beating them in the process. I think we could all accept that, right?
Old 08-21-2014, 11:23 PM   #11
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Then you need to open your mind some more. Your bias and hatred for an entire conference blinds you to reality.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:23 PM   #12
bigoleCOCK3521
Walk On

Male

bigoleCOCK3521 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
To be honest and bash me but if you want but if we go undefeated until the Clemson game and they beat us and we go to Atlanta and we beat Alabama, we will be in the national title playoff and would probably be the favorite since we would have beaten Alabama more than likely or whoever it is out of the SEC West and we would have a great shot at winning the first ever playoff national title and make history, I'd wouldn't care if Clemson did beat us. We would be playing for a national title and they would not. The only way they would is if they won the ACC and we met them in a rematch but even then we would get revenge. Spurrier would not lose to Dabo twice in one season. Ask FSU how that turned out for them in the Sugar Bowl when the HBC spanked them in the rematch. My point is the scenario I just laid out has us losing to Clemson in the regular season and winning the SEC and winning the national title either with Clemson staying at home with a win over us or them going home with a win over us and a loss to us and us winning the national title while beating them in the process. I think we could all accept that, right?
why are you even talking like Clemson will beat us..?
bigoleCOCK3521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:27 PM   #13
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
It tells me an ACC Network would be a complete disaster.

75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:41 PM   #14
kingofnerf
4-Star

Male

kingofnerf has earned his spurskingofnerf has earned his spurskingofnerf has earned his spurskingofnerf has earned his spurskingofnerf has earned his spurskingofnerf has earned his spurs

I would have substituted Duke for Louisville in at least one of those games.

Duke's record with Cutcliffe is a reality. Louisville's with Petrino is just a guess.
kingofnerf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:36 AM   #15
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Wow, that's sad...
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:50 PM   #16
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
I will bash you because if USC won every SEC game when they faced Clemson. Clemson has a fluke of an upset chance to beat USC. I think as long as USC goes into the Clemson game 9-2 I think the odds of USC winning is very high. Of course Clemson is righting it's self out some, so that might not be true in the near future.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:18 PM   #17
WeStillOwnUSC
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
Then you need to open your mind some more. Your bias and hatred for an entire conference blinds you to reality.
This has nothing to do with my hatred for the SEC.

In those 15 games just about all of them and probably more are better than a game that features the favorite to win the national title vs. a team that didn't even make a bowl game last year and isn't even ranked in the preseason.

Your bias blinds you from seeing these ridiculous proclamations made every day by these SEC homers.
Quote:
Old 08-22-2014, 03:21 PM   #18
WeStillOwnUSC
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75CarolinaFan View Post
It tells me an ACC Network would be a complete disaster.
Unless you want to watch an old bald headed dork talk about how great Alabama is all day the SEC network is a disaster as well.
Quote:
Old 08-22-2014, 04:19 PM   #19
jesse james
4-Star

Male

jesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier 'Em View Post
Come on, give the guy a break. He has to find 15 ACC games that are watchable...you go through the schedule and see if you can come up with double digits in that category.
jesse james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:25 PM   #20
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Unless you want to watch an old bald headed dork talk about how great Alabama is all day the SEC network is a disaster as well.
That's smart. You go and make a decision on a sports network before they even show their first sporting event. It will do well. If the Big 10 network does alright then the SEC network will do even better. Clemson will just have to learn how to compete with a rival school that just wants it more than they do, coaches better than they do, and has way more money than they will. Those little Clemson paws are getting smaller and smaller in our rearview mirrors.