CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
U-Dub Gamecock
markymark550
Gamecocks1137
johnnyb
Lonnie
Travelin
PageUSC
thumpin big
A. Pilgrim
We Have to Pass (2625)
Rivalry Thoughts and (2458)
Spurrier weekly pres (1666)
How is Shaq Davidson (1264)
This would be awesom (1123)
Perspective on our g (883)
Currently 2nd in att (747)
SEC referees? (656)
Defense and offense (461)
Black Friday Hard Co (368)
How cool would it be to..
Alshon - Bose
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
How is Shaq Davidson's re
Perspective on our game f
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Why has there been 40 yea
weekend conference Predic
Name a Gamecock

Old 08-22-2014, 09:15 AM   #1
Handsome_Dabo
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Handsome_Dabo has hatched from the shell
Arrow The bane of our season

We haven't beaten this team since the 1930's.The record is 1-9-1. 1930 - Lost 7-25, 1931 - Lost 6-13, 1996 - Lost 24-28, 1997 - Lost 6-23, 2005 - Lost 7-48, 2006 - Lost 17-24. Now this team has beaten us usually by a large amount of points, typical all the way until 2010, but 2010 is the year when it started to get upsetting - it took opportunities away from us. Opportunities we were waiting to clinch since we joined the SEC.

September 25, 2010 - 39 seconds left in the 4th quarter, Carolina is forming a comeback against what would be the number 1 team in the country. The score is 27-35 at the opponent 20 yard line. Connor Shaw tosses the ball into the end zone....... Alshon Jeffery catches it!!!!!!! No, the ball is taken out of his hands and intercepted before he touches the ground. It's over.

December 4, 2010, The Gamecocks made history. The first SEC east title. Now they have the chance of a lifetime. It's the SEC championship and South Carolina is pumped. This is history and revenge for a program. The clock ticks off the final seconds. 3....2....1....0. Final - 17-56. Embarrassment and hatred. Something some of us has been waiting for side we were born - Thrown away.

2011. Revenge is on our mind. Cocks ranked #10 and we have a sense of a comeback season. One chance to beat em’ on their down year. At the end of the 3rd quarter we lead 13-9. They catch up by running the football down to the 3-yard line and dropping into the end zone. Ingram attempts the recovery but the RB falls on top of it again. Touchdown. 13-16. Lattimore and the Gamecock offense drive down the field. 8 seconds left at the opponent 42 yard line. Garcia has to make the throw for the first down to get in field goal range. Garcia hikes the ball. Ellington digs in to the center of the field right on the marker. Garcia freezes – he scrambles and dances around 5 seconds on the clock. Nothing. 2 seconds and Garcia lobs it over the middle. By the time Ellington Catches it, the clock hits 0:00. Final – Auburn 16, South Carolina 13.

Auburn has embarrassed us and we have embarrassed ourselves against them. And this year it’s more than likely it can happen again.

Auburn's schedule will be a bit of a roller coaster playing AT Alabama, Ole Miss, and Georgia. They play Texas A&M, LSU, and the Gamecocks at Jordan Hare Stadium. I predict they're going to lose to Bama and Georgia and I don't know how I feel about our game.... which isn't a good sign.

Now Georgia has a very, very easy schedule – the highlights being SC and Auburn. Our game is a rivalry, but Georgia doesn’t have a streak to beat anymore. They don’t have revenge on their mind. I’m not saying Georgia is not going to prepare or anything, but it won’t be such a heartfelt performance by them. We now have revenge against Georgia, who we could’ve won the east off of in 2013. Georgia has revenge on Auburn though, and we all know the play by Nick Marshal in 2013 that ended Gerogia's chance at the east for good. This year Georgia is going to make sure they put up a really tough fight, and they’re at home for Auburn.

Now here’s the possibility. Suppose we beat Georgia. Georgia then has a cakewalk except for Auburn. Now suppose they beat Auburn in a dramatic fashion. Gerogia, like usual, can now feel more in control of the East. 11-1 regular season is entirely possible for Georgia. Now the past 4 years, 3/4 times with a phenomenal team each time, we have lost the east for ourselves by loosing a completely awful trap game. Kentucky in 2010, Auburn in 2011, and Tennessee in 2013. We also lost to LSU in 2012 after being so, so close. That took the SEC east title from us too. We clinched the east in 2010 due to Georgia having a really, really bad year they couldn’t catch up with. What happened 2011-2013 though? SEC East taken away from us by teams we beat. Georgia in 2011. Beat them. Georgia in 2012.We SICKED em’ dawgs. 2013 Mizzou. I’m proud to say we beat them. Now this year we have a worse team we’ve ever had since 2011 due to losses of defensive ends, corners, and quarterbacks. We’re still a powerhouse team this year, but it makes us even more vulnerable to trap games. Now lets say we lose a trap game like normal this year. Now Georgia has one loss and we have 1 loss. It’s time to play Auburn at Jordan-Hare stadium. The team who went to the BCS championship last year and only has a small problem at RB. Powerhouse defense and an unbeatable offense. That spells trouble everywhere.

If we lose, Georgia goes, we stay, and Auburn was the bane of our season once more.

Who has high expectations of winning the east now?

Last edited by Handsome_Dabo; 08-22-2014 at 09:31 AM.
Handsome_Dabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:23 AM   #2
vthokies
4-Star

Male

vthokies is sharpening his clawsvthokies is sharpening his clawsvthokies is sharpening his clawsvthokies is sharpening his clawsvthokies is sharpening his claws
Default Re: The bane of our season

It's tough. I am rooting for you guys but in my opinion the East winner could beat the West this year. The competition is through the roof this year. Florida is out seeking to prove themselves. This is gonna be a fun season.
vthokies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:29 AM   #3
garnet&black1998rn
Recruit

Male

garnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPit

We beat all our east opponents and the rest will take care of it's self. We will not be able to control others teams destiny only take the best we can give and fight against the west opponents to aid our cause. Auburn bothers me no more than A&M . PS what a name .
Old 08-22-2014, 09:38 AM   #4
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

I like to go with the idea that we are due against Auburn and this is the year even if it is at their place. We are going to beat them eventually so let's do it this year. I'm not chalking that game up as a loss. College football is too crazy to do that.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:39 AM   #5
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

If we lose a "trap" game, we probably shouldn't cry about losing the East title. Losing it last year made no sense. I'm with the guy above - take care of bidness, or don't expect respect.
I don't think Auburn is as stout as pre-season raters predict. They will likely be very good, but had incredible luck to get as far as they did last season.
Goofyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:10 AM   #6
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

That's going to be a nightmare of a game to try and win.

I just hope we can beat UGA at home and UF on the road, more winnable games IMO
Old 08-22-2014, 10:52 AM   #7
HeadCockFan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

The only game I'm attending will be @ Auburn. I just want to not turn the ball over, and avoid 3 and outs as much as possible. If the offense stays very patient, and the defense beings their best tackles and toughness, we're in it. These are the kind of games where a great punter is a HUGE deal.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:56 AM   #8
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 126034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

OP seems like a serious troll
Old 08-22-2014, 11:20 AM   #9
militarymind17
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
militarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post

Exactly..
militarymind17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:21 AM   #10
Handsome_Dabo
Banned

Male

Talking Re: The bane of our season

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
I'm not, been a gamecock my entire life. I swear

Old 08-22-2014, 11:25 AM   #11
SuperCockMaster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPit

I hope we beat Auburn. I hate Auburn fans. They're worse than Clemsux fans.
SuperCockMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:58 AM   #12
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome_Dabo View Post
I'm not, been a gamecock my entire life. I swear

You didn't say "cross my heart and hope to die"...

Old 08-22-2014, 12:05 PM   #13
Handsome_Dabo
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by d20636 View Post
You didn't say "cross my heart and hope to die"...

Fine. I cross my heart and hope Clemson dies
Old 08-22-2014, 12:30 PM   #14
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Tater

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:34 PM   #15
Handsome_Dabo
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Tater
Ya'll are pissin me off :k ill::kil l: :k ill: :kil l:
Old 08-22-2014, 12:35 PM   #16
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

CockyCash: 400
StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

Florida and Auburn scare me the most.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:22 PM   #17
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
If we lose a "trap" game, we probably shouldn't cry about losing the East title. Losing it last year made no sense. I'm with the guy above - take care of bidness, or don't expect respect.
I don't think Auburn is as stout as pre-season raters predict. They will likely be very good, but had incredible luck to get as far as they did last season.
Nevermind against UGA and Bama, they got lucky against A&M too, no one realizes how close they were to an 8-4 regular season.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:42 PM   #18
Harry Tuttle
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000600
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

I thought we had never beaten Auburn...
Good to know I was wrong.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:52 PM   #19
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCockMaster View Post
I hope we beat Auburn. I hate Auburn fans. They're worse than Clemsux fans.
No they aren't.

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:56 PM   #20
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

I fail to see the point of this. You are right that if we lose more games than Georgia then UGA gets to go to Atlanta and yes Auburn will be a tough game. Is that what's going on here?
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote