CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
kingoftheroost
Badazcock
thekob
cockfight21
ChickenButt
Cockypantherfan
Ericvol2096
Yearofthegamecock
gadeneer1986
Build a New Stadium (1811)
Four UK Players Susp (1677)
Cleaned up version: (1023)
Connor Shaw's fault. (935)
Nosovitch (689)
400 pasing yards (649)
This program has no (583)
Defer Or Not? (566)
Funny? (492)
KY Suspends 4 Player (351)
Build a New Stadium
State talent drying up
Women's golf leading afte
Request
2016 - Tavien Feaster
Cleaned up version: SEC E
Yeti roadie 20 qt
10-2
Thoughts on the basketbal
What fish do you eat

Old 08-22-2014, 12:29 PM   #1
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Ward wants us to play fast

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:44 PM   #2
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ward wants us to play fast

Holloman maybe a grad assistant soon as well.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #3
TrueGarnet
Under NCAA Investigation

Male

CockyCash: 9975200
TrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post

Thats the best news I've heard in weeks. He could be a HUGE help back there with fresh NFL knowledge(Does Dallas run a 3-4?) and work ethic. Even better to know that we welcome him in so quickly as a GA.....Kudos to the staff

Does anyone know if Shaq is still on as a GA?
Old 08-22-2014, 01:12 PM   #4
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueGarnet View Post
Thats the best news I've heard in weeks. He could be a HUGE help back there with fresh NFL knowledge(Does Dallas run a 3-4?) and work ethic. Even better to know that we welcome him in so quickly as a GA.....Kudos to the staff

Does anyone know if Shaq is still on as a GA?
He is no longer a GA - Shaq is now part of the official coaching staff, as a Quality Control Coordinator, along with Scott Spurrier.....
Old 08-22-2014, 01:16 PM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I have no doubt the defense will play fast as we have a bunch of athletes on that side of the ball. It's the discipline part I'm worried about.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:26 PM   #6
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
He is no longer a GA - Shaq is now part of the official coaching staff, as a Quality Control Coordinator, along with Scott Spurrier.....
I still remember that Ellis Johnson said he had the best football smarts of any player he had ever coached.

That says a lot.

I think he will make a very strong contribution.

Devonte certainly played his position well, too and he was doing very well with the Cowboys. I feel so sorry for him but think he could be another strong addition to the coaching staff.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:33 PM   #7
etowngangsta
Challenge accepted.

Male

CockyCash: 26065800
etowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot material

If our d played as fast as coach Ward talks they would be unstoppable.
etowngangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:02 PM   #8
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
I still remember that Ellis Johnson said he had the best football smarts of any player he had ever coached.

That says a lot.

I think he will make a very strong contribution.

Devonte certainly played his position well, too and he was doing very well with the Cowboys. I feel so sorry for him but think he could be another strong addition to the coaching staff.
You've always been one of my favorite posters

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:08 PM   #9
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
You've always been one of my favorite posters
Whoa, slow down there. At least buy him dinner first.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:27 PM   #10
CockyATO
Flipping Recruits

Male

CockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by etowngangsta View Post
If our d played as fast as coach Ward talks they would be unstoppable.
Haha! Whammy takes one deep breath and then let's it all out.

Another N00k production
CockyATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:47 PM   #11
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Devonte as GA?

Yes please!
Old 08-22-2014, 03:32 PM   #12
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

it is bittersweet to be able to get holloman back. sad about his injury but glad coach ward thinks enough of him to ask him to join the staff. winners always land on their feet somehow. :)
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:17 PM   #13
SuperCockMaster
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
SuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPit

We are so classy it's awesome. I love how he's like, "We said the system, and we stay true to our word." Then on Holloman, "If he's released he will be out here next week." We take care of our own. Recruits will see that and want to play for us because of it.
SuperCockMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:22 PM   #14
Rebel4ever
Banned

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

I want us to be fast but the last I time I remember going full blast speed was against Auburn 2011 and they used it against us and basically picked us apart with screens and QB draws, we never could stop them when we needed to. Not saying this will happen, just saying we should be a little wary of going full, full speed.
Rebel4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:43 AM   #15
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
I want us to be fast but the last I time I remember going full blast speed was against Auburn 2011 and they used it against us and basically picked us apart with screens and QB draws, we never could stop them when we needed to. Not saying this will happen, just saying we should be a little wary of going full, full speed.
They also went full full speed against Ole Miss in '09 though, still can't believe they didn't tire any that game. I'm only 22 but I've seen the highlights from 1980, '84 and '87 they were moving like the fire-ant and black death years.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:36 AM   #16
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

I think he is talking about lining up fast between plays to their changing formations, and making quick adjustments to the plays as they launch. The execution is still about playing your assignment.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:23 AM   #17
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Really feel that Holloman is going to be a great assistance to the coaching staff. He is a real leader and will let these players know what it takes to get to the next level.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:16 AM   #18
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

I think he is referring to the fact that TAMU is running a very fast no huddle type of offense, and he wants our guys to be ready for it. It hasn't been talked about much, but they run one of those systems that can be crazy up tempo when they want to.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:41 AM   #19
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

He's had good things to say about Taylor Stallworth all offseason. He's gonna be a big time player for us in the future.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:42 AM   #20
jfbreb94
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

Would love to see Hollman on the side line
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote