CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
B-G
CockFighter
WeStillOwnUSC
rabid cock
The Yancey
kingoftheroost
Cockhornleghorn
robgusc76
kingofnerf
gocockswyn
**USC vs. Coker GAME (2765)
Bruce!!! (1603)
2014 Subway Classic: (1339)
aTm demolishes Kyle (478)
Cocky at the Duck Co (446)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (382)
Deer Hunting 2014 (243)
movers, furniture do (240)
Streaming nfl games (199)
Happy Winter Solstic (186)
2015 Commitment - Quandes
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
Ali Hospitalized With Pne
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
Bruce!!!
So, why is next year goin
aTm demolishes Kyle Field
Cocky at the Duck Command
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti

Old 08-22-2014, 11:16 AM   #1
Handsome_Dabo
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Handsome_Dabo has hatched from the shell
Thumbs up Davis Playing in A&M game

"He'll be in there" - Steve Spurrier

Don't know how much time that'll be though. We need him, but don't need him hurt. We need him for Georgia and Auburn, Florida.

From Twitter:

CollegeFootballTalk @CFTalk
Follow
Spurrier, on star RB vs. A&M: 'Mike’s going to be in there' #collegefootball http://wp.me/p14QTT-1oC3
8:08 AM - 22 Aug 2014
Spurrier, on star RB vs. A&M: ‘Mike’s going to be in there’
It appears Steve Spurrier got everyone wound up for, basically, nothing. Wednesday after practice, Spurrier made it sound as if there was very real doubt that Mike Davis would be available for South...

CollegeFootballTalk @CFTalk
Handsome_Dabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:30 AM   #2
12+4=6
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 850
12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to 12+4=6
Default Re: Davis Playing in A&M game

He's not hurt.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:44 AM   #3
Handsome_Dabo
Banned

Male

Handsome_Dabo has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12+4=6 View Post
He's not hurt.
Yes sir he has

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ener/14383711/
Handsome_Dabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:49 AM   #4
12+4=6
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 850
12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to 12+4=6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome_Dabo View Post

That's a USA Today article based off of Spurrier's comment two days ago. It's pretty obvious based on Mike's words, Spurrier's words since, and everything in the other thread on this that Mike is perfectly fine. Spurrier does this all the time and people run with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2014, 11:52 AM   #5
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

I've heard this before from a couple fellow cockytalkers, but I swear he does this bc he knows it'll make it to the front page. He plays those media boys and gals like a harp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2014, 05:33 PM   #6
SC_boy
Well Engineered Cock

Male

SC_boy is developing his combSC_boy is developing his combSC_boy is developing his combSC_boy is developing his combSC_boy is developing his combSC_boy is developing his combSC_boy is developing his combSC_boy is developing his combSC_boy is developing his comb

I agree that Spurrier does this stuff all the time. I've learned to not let it freak me out. lol
Old 08-22-2014, 06:08 PM   #7
ZenUSC
Starter

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Listening to Spurrier on his Thurz nite talk show I got the impression he was not happy with the attitude displayed in practice by his RBs. He mentioned their jogging
through plays and then talked about Eric Rhett at Florida who was full speed in practice all the time.
Spurrier did say Davis had not even practiced this week until thurzday.
I would not be surprised to see Spurrier start a no name at RB to make a point.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:11 PM   #8
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Practice? We're talking about practice?

Mike is good to go. He'll get 15-18 carries Thursday. Bank on it.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:17 PM   #9
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1999829275
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Guys are just ready for the season to start. Practice gets old after a while
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:46 AM   #10
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Sounds like the kind of injury where the player takes himself out if you know what I'm saying.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:45 AM   #11
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I'd sit Davis unless it's really necessary. We have plenty backs.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:35 AM   #12
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

We're playing the #20 team and I don't know how the game will go, but we better be prepared to get our first team out there. If we are not controlling the ball as scoring, we could be in trouble. Now, I don't know the extent of Davis' injury but if he can help us control and move the ball, we better use him.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:18 AM   #13
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

CockyCash: 750
cocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot material

all Spurrier said was that he hasn't been practicing. He said THE SAME SHIT last season about Clowney. Some of you sky falling fans and the media need to learn who Spurrier is and how he talks.

Clem5-0n Class:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertime86 View Post
I don't see the problem. Ole Glass Knees hasn't done anything of note lately, and he NEVER did anything against CLEMSON!
cocksmith1or11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:10 PM   #14
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocksmith1or11 View Post
all Spurrier said was that he hasn't been practicing. He said THE SAME SHIT last season about Clowney. Some of you sky falling fans and the media need to learn who Spurrier is and how he talks.
Basically this entire thread is people saying the same thing...enjoy your high horse though.
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:50 PM   #15
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I hope they do not question his effort or conditioning Thursday.