CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
The Yancey
aftertwobowls
Sandstorm29
GarnetSwarm1990
robgusc76
rioninusc
Regalcock
5lbYardcock
The Vent and Coachin (8150)
Disturbing comments (3180)
2015 schedule is bru (2431)
UF lets Durkin go (2133)
2015 Early Enrollees (1678)
**USC Women vs. Hamp (1105)
SOS...a day late &am (1092)
The U ends apparel d (730)
Bobo to Colorado St? (716)
Keeping it all in pe (396)
2016 - John Simpson
2014-15 Early Enrollees
2015 Commitment - Dexter
2015 schedule is brutal
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
2015 - Ulric Jones
2015 Commitment - Dante S
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
2015 Commitment - Ernest

Old 08-22-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
Aggielicious
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Aggielicious has hatched from the shell
Thumbs up Howdy! - Tailgating question

Howdy!

I will be making the trip to Columbia next week with a couple of buddies of mine and wanted to see what the tailgating etiquette is like in SC. Being that this is my first away SEC game, I want to make sure that it is done right.

(Stating the obvious, we will not be disrespectful to your University, Alumni and fellow tailgaters. We want to have a great time!)

Any suggestions on things to do in regards to pregame?

How soon does pregame start for a 6 pm kickoff?

In my group, we are avid drinkers, do ya'll do any recreational beer pong, flip cup, corn hole... drinking games before the games? If so, would you all accept new challengers perhaps? ;)

We would like to join an SC tailgate with a charitable donation $$$, of course, or coolers of beer. Are there any rules in the tailgating area regarding alcohol on the premises?

If we were to show up with some 8 - 10 cases of beer, would we be frowned upon from crashing a tailgate?

Any information is greatly appreciated and we look forward to visiting you next week.

Gig'em!

Ags 35 - SC 31 (unless of course you have the "Wheel Route" in the playbook!)
Aggielicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:05 PM   #2
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb
Default Re: Howdy! - Tailgating question

You'll find plenty of hospitality and plenty of people will welcome you with open arms.

The one thing we do frown upon is someone drinking all our liquor. Don't do that.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:17 PM   #3
highstick
4-Star

Male

highstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurs

We do not have any alcohol around the stadium! Burp!
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:24 PM   #4
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

You show up with that much beer and you'll get fed.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:25 PM   #5
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

You can drink all you want across the street from the stadium. Smoking may cause you some problems though. I don't think you will have a problem "crashing" a tailgate bringing that much beer. I don't really consider that crashing. Crashing is when people show up with nothing which happens all the time. I would probably bring something a little stronger than beer though, easier to carry.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:38 PM   #6
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
You show up with that much beer and you'll get fed.
and then some haha
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:38 PM   #7
JulesWinnfield90
Walk On

Male

JulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his claws

8-10 cases? goodness gracious
JulesWinnfield90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:41 PM   #8
Aggielicious
Walk On

Male

Aggielicious has hatched from the shell

Thank you very much for the feedback!

I typically do not take liquor to games because the good stuff is usually in glass bottles, are there any restrictions towards glass bottles in the tailgating areas?

Are there restaurants or bars close to the stadium?
Aggielicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:03 PM   #9
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggielicious View Post

I typically do not take liquor to games because the good stuff is usually in glass bottles, are there any restrictions towards glass bottles in the tailgating areas?

There's a Bojangles, which has fried chicken. Pretty good food for a tailgate. Other than that, there's not much in regards to an actual dining restaurant. Most good bars are in the vista. Check out world of beer while you're in town. On another note, if you bring 8-10 cases you'll be welcomed anywhere.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:53 PM   #10
GA_Ag
Walk On

Male

GA_Ag has hatched from the shell

What about the traffic on game day? If I stumble out of my downtown Columbia hotel room at 11am - can I make it to the fairgrounds and park by 12pm?
GA_Ag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:04 PM   #11
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA_Ag View Post
What about the traffic on game day? If I stumble out of my downtown Columbia hotel room at 11am - can I make it to the fairgrounds and park by 12pm?
on a Thursday? I don't think they'll be open at that time. Traffic definitely wouldn't be much of a problem except people going to lunch. When does the fairgrounds open? 3pm?
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:06 PM   #12
clemsux614
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 375
clemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his comb

Quote:
This is questionable. All depends on how Assembly street is at the time. (street that leads into the stadium)If you did leave at 11 you would definitely be parked by 12:30 or 1.
clemsux614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:07 PM   #13
clemsux614
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 375
clemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his comb

Also if you are wanting to park in the fairgrounds and you don't have a pass then expect to pay $40 at the gate for the green section of the fairgrounds.
clemsux614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:28 PM   #14
GA_Ag
Walk On

Male

GA_Ag has hatched from the shell

Good info_thanks! For the A&M/USC game it looks like the gates open at noon per gamecockparking.com Nice pic on traffic flows as well.

This is going to be a long ass 6 days.
GA_Ag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:38 PM   #15
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Good info_thanks! For the A&M/USC game it looks like the gates open at noon per gamecockparking.com Nice pic on traffic flows as well.

This is going to be a long ass 6 days.
Yes, but its gonan be awesome. And do us a favor, dont ask Clemson fans what they think about South Carolina fans and columbia, because no matter if they had a good time or bad time they'll tell you it was awful. Look forward to having yall in Columbia hope its a good one.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:08 PM   #16
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

Plan on going to the Gamecock Park across from the stadium. Very nice. If you hear people say the old farmers market, that is it.
http://www.gamecocksonline.com/facil...cock-park.html

lakemurraycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:50 PM   #17
Sir Cuss
Two Deep

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

I will say to drink it all in and have a blast. Good luck Thursday at the game (but not too much luck :) ).

Opposing fans who have bad stories to tell from tailgating at our house are normally the ones who were belligerently drunk or just assholes. Be kind, and our manners will stay in tact.

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:49 AM   #18
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
on a Thursday? I don't think they'll be open at that time. Traffic definitely wouldn't be much of a problem except people going to lunch. When does the fairgrounds open? 3pm?
The Fairgrounds parking lots always open 5 hours before night games and 4 hours before noon games. They should be open at 1. Since this is a Thursday game, if you get there early you won't have a problem with traffic. It's less than 2 miles from the heart of the Vista to the stadium - just go straight down Assembly Street and turn right on Rosewood. the Fairgrounds' game day lost will be about a block on the left after you turn onto Rosewood. There are other lots in the area, too, but for one time parking I think that's the best bet. Pickup your food and beer in the Vista before heading to the stadium as there aren't a lot of restaurants adjacent to the stadium. There are a couple of bars and a couple of fast food restaurants with more on the way there.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:28 AM   #19
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:

You'll see some tailgater that have full stocked bars. There are no restrictions on glass where I tailgate. The one thing that I noticed about our tailgating that is so well enforced is that everyone picks up after themselves. I have been to a few other schools and it looks like a bomb blew up at the dump after the game.

Have a great time. You'll meet a lot of great people mixed in with your occasional dick weed.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:33 PM   #20
highstick
4-Star

Male

highstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurs

Quote:

You really need to go to Five Points...great place to visit if you're from "out of town"! Do not miss Five Points under any circumstances...
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote