CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Yearofthegamecock
TAFC 5 1981
ReadR00ster
WeStillOwnUSC
Sir Cuss
Gamecocks1137
kick_ball
eightohhthree
Coulwoodwarlord
johnnyb
uniforms saturday (2374)
Auburn looks beatabl (2102)
Vandy Fans (1558)
Three young corners (729)
Watch ESPN3 regional (653)
King - South Carolin (637)
**official Vandy pre (620)
Cardinal's Jonathan (547)
No Vandy Predictions (337)
tailgating canopy on (319)
uniforms saturday
**official Vandy predicti
Haven't seen one unbeatab
Next years RB situation
Hotel in Nashville?
Places to watch Carolina
Auburn looks beatable
Waldrop injured
2015 Commitment - Arden K
Three young corners progr

Old 08-23-2014, 12:43 AM   #1
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

CockyCash: 500
Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material
Default I'm not buying the hype, sorry!

This team will be good...I'm thinking 10-win season after bowl win, but I don't see why people are saying this is the team to get us an SEC title. DT is a major drop off after Shaw, no Clowney to take the pressure off the D line, no Bruce for the clutch 3rd or 4th down catch, an injury prone RB, and developing secondary. We do have a manageable schedule, but the East looks very competitive this year. Just a few close losses and the title game is toast. The best real chance we had for a title was last season. Don't get all madbro, just educate me on what you super fans are giddy about, cuz I'm not sure I see a juggernaut here.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:48 AM   #2
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material
Default Re: I'm not buying the hype, sorry!

Old 08-23-2014, 12:53 AM   #3
StormOfTalons
Blue Chip

Male

StormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPit

Cool story, bro.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:59 AM   #4
Latt4Gov
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Latt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his comb

Jesus step back from the ledge.

We won without Lattimore.
We won with Clowney at maybe 50% (NFL and Foot Issue)
We won with Shaw Hurt.
We won without Alshon.
We won without Kenny and Sidney.
We won without Melvin Ingram.
We won without Eric Norwood.

See the trend?

If no one ever stepped up, no team will ever win.

We will be fine.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:00 AM   #5
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
This team will be good...I'm thinking 10-win season after bowl win, but I don't see why people are saying this is the team to get us an SEC title. DT is a major drop off after Shaw, no Clowney to take the pressure off the D line, no Bruce for the clutch 3rd or 4th down catch, an injury prone RB, and developing secondary. We do have a manageable schedule, but the East looks very competitive this year. Just a few close losses and the title game is toast. The best real chance we had for a title was last season. Don't get all madbro, just educate me on what you super fans are giddy about, cuz I'm not sure I see a juggernaut here.
be happy you'll be wrong.......one of Carolina's best offenses ever.....defense will get better weekly......3-4 is going to be big for us.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:05 AM   #6
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

Quote:
And ALL the teams we are playing have also had losses.

We aren't the only team to lose key players, however the difference of late is that the Gamecocks now reload instead of rebuild.

We lost Stephon Gilmore and Melvin Ingram stepped up.

We lost Melvin Ingram and Devon Taylor stepped up.

We lost Devon Taylor and JD Clowney stepped up.

See the pattern here?
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:25 AM   #7
NotKyle
The Hero Rides Again

Male

NotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot material

The season hasn't started, we're all undefeated, the best any team can do right now is a national championship and the worst is to not win a game. Right now, we have an opportunity to talk best case. It's still in reach.

Let's just enjoy the positivity while we have the chance. We can lament about a dropoff and a disappointment when and if it happens. For the first time in a long time as a Gamecock fan, I can, again, look at the guys we've got and say "You know what? They're going to be pretty good." 0-11 really wasn't so long ago. I remember what that was like. We've come a long way and right now, it would do us all a lot of good to just take a deep breath and be thankful for how far we've come. Because a national title or a no-win season may lie in wait later. But right now, and always,it's great to be a Gamecock.
NotKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:57 AM   #8
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
You have valid points when you look at this team objectively. Question marks at Corner and basically zero experience there and question marks in finding a pass rush.

This Offense however has a chance to take some of the pressure off of the Defense for a change if DT and MD and other key players stay healthy.

If we have some guys step up on D at DE and CB this could be a special year.

Get to Atl and we'll have a puncher's chance.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:57 AM   #9
TonyVercetti
Recruit

Male

TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

Idk if DT will be a dropoff from connor production wise. As long as DT plays like hes always played he shpuld throw more yards and TDs then Shaw did in a season.

But will he throw more interceptions? Almost certainly. And he probably wont be able to convert those tough 3rd downs like Shaw always somehow did.

Me and my girl used to always joke. Wed be like Shaw sucked the whole game but somehow still played good enough to do somethin crazy and end up winning. Lol
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:57 AM   #10
STACT
Walk On

Male

STACT is sharpening his clawsSTACT is sharpening his clawsSTACT is sharpening his clawsSTACT is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latt4Gov View Post
Jesus step back from the ledge.

We won without Lattimore.
We won with Clowney at maybe 50% (NFL and Foot Issue)
We won with Shaw Hurt.
We won without Alshon.
We won without Kenny and Sidney.
We won without Melvin Ingram.
We won without Eric Norwood.

See the trend?

If no one ever stepped up, no team will ever win.

We will be fine.
True story!
Old 08-23-2014, 02:55 AM   #11
uscandy
4-Star

Male

uscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his claws

Old Carolina strikes again. Always expecting the worst. Most every team has issues, there isn't a perfect team out there. I swear it seems like some of you are just waiting for us to fall flat on our face, and then say I told you so. Guess what, those days are gone!
uscandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:21 AM   #12
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

I'm not buying the negative bullshit attitude a week before the season starts. There is only one rational reason to post such junk. Its because a fan can go back and say "I predicted it". I find that self centered at the least. But, I am also one that doesn't play the season prediction threads because my prediction is always "undefeated" and it'll stay that way until some other team proves me wrong. Its cool though bro, I'm predicting you're wrong.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:37 AM   #13
CockyInTexas
Deadpool

Male

CockyCash: 250
CockyInTexas rules the CockPitCockyInTexas rules the CockPitCockyInTexas rules the CockPitCockyInTexas rules the CockPitCockyInTexas rules the CockPitCockyInTexas rules the CockPitCockyInTexas rules the CockPitCockyInTexas rules the CockPitCockyInTexas rules the CockPitCockyInTexas rules the CockPitCockyInTexas rules the CockPit

We win the natty this year. Just so if it happens I can say I predicted it.

2014 Capital One Bowl Champions!

Thank you Connor!
CockyInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:59 AM   #14
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

Spurrier said that we needed to change the culture...fortunately, he has been successful with his players and unfortunately, there are still fans living in the Brad Scott days, this not your fathers' gamecocks evil chicken, enjoy the new Carolina!
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:23 AM   #15
SuperCockMaster
4-Star

Male

SuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPit

I've taken better poops than OP's post.
SuperCockMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:36 AM   #16
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVercetti View Post
Idk if DT will be a dropoff from connor production wise. As long as DT plays like hes always played he shpuld throw more yards and TDs then Shaw did in a season.

But will he throw more interceptions? Almost certainly. And he probably wont be able to convert those tough 3rd downs like Shaw always somehow did.

Me and my girl used to always joke. Wed be like Shaw sucked the whole game but somehow still played good enough to do somethin crazy and end up winning. Lol
I think we need the offense to control the games more this year. Those tough third downs that Connor would convert is the key for Dylan. He needs to able to snap off accurate passes under pressure on third down. That's why I have harped on his completion percentage being around mid 60's for our offense to be elite.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:50 AM   #17
garnet&black1998rn
Recruit

Male

garnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPit

Well it is football time for sure , E chicken with the annual doom and gloom state of the program football outlook for the COCKS. Love the smell of pigskin , green grass , women in black dresses and boots and the sound of GAME COCKS and sandstorm . Ladies and Gents Football has arrived .
Old 08-23-2014, 08:22 AM   #18
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Does Evilchicken do this every year? Post a underwhelming prediction.

I suspect he does it so he can come back later on and call people sunshine pumpers and say, "I told you so. See how smart I am."

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:00 AM   #19
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
I think we need the offense to control the games more this year. Those tough third downs that Connor would convert is the key for Dylan. He needs to able to snap off accurate passes under pressure on third down. That's why I have harped on his completion percentage being around mid 60's for our offense to be elite.
Yep 2nd down is going to be huge this year. We need 3rd and 4s not 3rd and 7s consitently.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:14 AM   #20
12+4=6
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 850
12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to 12+4=6

This is what Clemson, Georgia, etc. have been saying about us the past three offseasons.

Class of 2013
12+4=6 is offline   Reply With Quote