CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
ConwayGamecock
Sandstorm29
Cocks N Stuff
Gamecocks1137
cockybreeyan
CoverTwo
Travelin
aftertwobowls
Cockypantherfan
Wilds & Carson B (1110)
Marquavius Lewis (1033)
How Long Will The Re (716)
2015 - Jeremiah Dins (628)
Restaurant musts in (540)
S & F article on (328)
Brad Lawing USC / Fl (304)
Spurrier Says " (226)
JC Shurburtt was jus (142)
'Lord of the Rings: (112)
So, why is next year goin
does anybody think we wil
2015 - Jeremiah Dinson -
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10"
The Vent and Coaching cha
2015 - Mark Fields
Marquavius Lewis
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Wilds & Carson Back f
Restaurant musts in NYC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2014, 11:18 AM   #1
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material
Default SHOULD GAMECOCK PLAYERS BE OFFENDED BY AGGIE FAN ARROGANCE?

Texas high school football has been romanticized by numerous films. There is no doubt that the Texas high school football scene is important to the people of the Lone Star State. But has the romanticized version of their football gone to the Aggie fans heads, and given them a distorted view of how much of a recruiting advantage Texas college football teams have over others in the southeast? In advance of the Gamecocks opening game against A&M, I am postulating that the answer is yes.

Below, I am pasting up a typical comment made by Texas A&M fans posting South Carolina message boards:

Aggie fans argue that Texas football is bigger than life and that the players coming out of the preps there are better than other players because of their experience playing in Texas. Texas is a bigger state than South Carolina so there are more players in sheer numbers. But is the quality of player better per capita? The answer is no.

I did a very simple analysis of the number of NFL players by State. Here is my table. And a bar graph illustrating the findings.

The data suggest that a football player in the South Carolina prep system has a better chance to make the NFL than one in the Texas system. I imagine this will be very surprising to Aggie visitors. I doubt they will believe the data.

In any case, the disrespect for South Carolina high school football should give the crowd another reason to hate the Aggies, and the South Carolina players another thing to prove.

Sporting News Article With NFL Data