CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
JerseyBird
bcolinc
The Yancey
Latti
Travelin
B-G
kingofnerf
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
2014 Subway Classic: (1225)
Cleveland Browns Hea (999)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Former Gamecock root (746)
Props to Eric Hyman. (559)
Four USC Basketball (534)
Franks boy's are pla (401)
Bowl packages (299)
5 apps to turn your (282)
My early Monday dinn (238)
Franks boy's are playing
2015 Commitment - Quandes
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
So, why is next year goin
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
Former Gamecock rooting f
looks like we have 2 OL r

Old 08-23-2014, 03:24 PM   #161
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014-15 Premier League season

Thoughts on today's matches.

Leicester City - I know they are favored to go down but I'm not so sure. Yes, Chelsea was the stronger team in the end but LC are well organized and play well together. It wouldn't shock me if this team doesn't get relegated. There may be a few worse Premier League teams than them.

Chelsea - lazy first half, showed their potential in the 2nd half. Solid win. Not sure if LC played well or Chelsea played poorly in the first half but quality showed in the end.

Everton - two straight weeks they should have had 6 points but allowed teams to tie it late. I like Everton but this crap has to stop if they want a shot at the top 5. Pathetic efforts late in the last 2 games when they were dominant early.

Arsenal - will someone please go smack Wenger upside the head and scream at him to start Giroud!!! What the heck is he thinking?! Giroud is a beast in there and has showed what a force he is up front. Yet Wenger refuses to start him. I'm not an Arsenal fan but it's clear seeing the difference in this team when he plays. I'm not sure why I can see it and Wenger can't.

Crystal Palace - they may be going down for sure. They've got to play better if they want a shot of staying up.

Swansea - dark horse in the Premier League this season. I like the way they play. They can really make some noise if they continue to grow as a team and come together defensively.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:36 PM   #162
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Thoughts on today's matches.

Leicester City - I know they are favored to go down but I'm not so sure. Yes, Chelsea was the stronger team in the end but LC are well organized and play well together. It wouldn't shock me if this team doesn't get relegated. There may be a few worse Premier League teams than them.

Chelsea - lazy first half, showed their potential in the 2nd half. Solid win. Not sure if LC played well or Chelsea played poorly in the first half but quality showed in the end.

Everton - two straight weeks they should have had 6 points but allowed teams to tie it late. I like Everton but this crap has to stop if they want a shot at the top 5. Pathetic efforts late in the last 2 games when they were dominant early.

Arsenal - will someone please go smack Wenger upside the head and scream at him to start Giroud!!! What the heck is he thinking?! Giroud is a beast in there and has showed what a force he is up front. Yet Wenger refuses to start him. I'm not an Arsenal fan but it's clear seeing the difference in this team when he plays. I'm not sure why I can see it and Wenger can't.

Crystal Palace - they may be going down for sure. They've got to play better if they want a shot of staying up.

Swansea - dark horse in the Premier League this season. I like the way they play. They can really make some noise if they continue to grow as a team and come together defensively.

LC- They played a hell of a first half against Chelsea, but the pressure finally broke them.

Chelsea- They have looked good so far, but we also have to remember the quality of the opposition they have played. They do look like a very quality side as much as that pains me to say.

Arsenal- WTF...I have never been a Wenger out person, but his choices the past two games have me screaming at the top of my lungs. Why take Sanchez off?? Wilshire played awful in the CAM position and Ozil on the left flank....wtf. Move Ozil inside put Sanchez out left and Giroud up top and that could be a lethal attack. Merts and Chambers as the duo in the back was no good either. They both lack pace and Everton if full of pace up top. His lineup today just baffled the hell out of me.

Swansea- They have looked good so far. If they keep it up they could push for a Europa spot this year. Bony will have to start firing for them soon though if they expect to stay up top.

Everton- They have to team to compete for a top 4 spot, but do they have enough mental strength. The past two games suggest no to me. They had Arsenal dead to rights, and my nerves shot to hell. They really need to pull the 3 points away from Chelsea next weekend.

Soto- Who knows at this point. I really hope they can get the new players settled into the BPL quick and make another good run. They are a very like-able team.
SR4-AJ1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 02:03 PM   #163
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Lamela looked really good today for Spurs.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 03:06 PM   #164
Transmaniacon
Any Major Dude

Male

CockyCash: 500
Transmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot material

Lamela was the first person I added to my fantasy squad a few weeks ago. Sucks that he hardly played last season (back injury and other issues), but he has been great since Poch arrived. The Argentine connection probably helps. I know it was just QPR, but it felt great to see Tottenham play like that for the first time in a long while. Poch seems to be a great hire so far. Team morale and chemistry is so much better than with AVB an Sherwood. And, the style of play looks more like the Tottenham I fell in love with.

And, this Dier fella. We picked him up for cheap, I figured he was just for defensive depth. But ten 2 goals in 2 matches?! Couldn't be happier about that.

Hope we keep this up and beat some of the big teams. Particularly Chelsea and Arsenal.
Transmaniacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:46 AM   #165
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

That Spurs match just wasn't even fair. It looked like middle schoolers running against a college team out there. Everton = CHOKE.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:21 PM   #166
tkousc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
tkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudly

Nice fight back from my Gunners to tie Everton. That 2nd Everton goal was offside too so that was unlucky. Giroud confounds me a lot. He drives me crazy but sometimes he is awesome. Still think we need a better striker and DM to have a chance to win the league. Chambers is looking like a good buy though.
tkousc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:32 PM   #167
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

What I learned from this weekend: West Ham may be really good.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:43 PM   #168
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
Lamela was the first person I added to my fantasy squad a few weeks ago. Sucks that he hardly played last season (back injury and other issues), but he has been great since Poch arrived. The Argentine connection probably helps. I know it was just QPR, but it felt great to see Tottenham play like that for the first time in a long while. Poch seems to be a great hire so far. Team morale and chemistry is so much better than with AVB an Sherwood. And, the style of play looks more like the Tottenham I fell in love with.

And, this Dier fella. We picked him up for cheap, I figured he was just for defensive depth. But ten 2 goals in 2 matches?! Couldn't be happier about that.

Hope we keep this up and beat some of the big teams. Particularly Chelsea and Arsenal.
Tottenham looked outstanding yesterday. Dier has been a complete surprise. Lamela played well. Adebayor was great. Does Pochettino have the magic touch? After what he did at Southampton, this could be the best offseason move. Tottenham didn't make too many moves in the transfer window but looks like he is getting everyone to play at their best.

I added Dier last week and picked up Lamela today. I've got 3 different leagues I'm playing Fantasy Premier League. On ESPN, I am ranked 4,189 (top 94.9%) and still have Sterling playing today.

I made some moves for next week and think I could really challenge on ESPN to have one of the best teams. Along with my current ranking, I made moves to pick up Silva, Ivanovic, Lamela, Dier, Naismith, Fabianski, and Yoshida.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:46 PM   #169
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkousc View Post
Nice fight back from my Gunners to tie Everton. That 2nd Everton goal was offside too so that was unlucky. Giroud confounds me a lot. He drives me crazy but sometimes he is awesome. Still think we need a better striker and DM to have a chance to win the league. Chambers is looking like a good buy though.
Arsenal was lucky. They still have the same problems as last year. You and I see a different Giroud because he is a game changer. Arsenal look so much better when he is playing. They look out of sorts and mediocre when he doesn't play. He elevates their attack with his size and positioning.

Arsenal still has problems though. Sanchez doesn't look right. He may be out of position. Arsenal doesn't defend well and they still really lack a possession type of midfielder. 4 points from the first 2 matches isn't bad but it hasn't been pretty.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:55 PM   #170
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Tottenham looked outstanding yesterday. Dier has been a complete surprise. Lamela played well. Adebayor was great. Does Pochettino have the magic touch? After what he did at Southampton, this could be the best offseason move. Tottenham didn't make too many moves in the transfer window but looks like he is getting everyone to play at their best.

I added Dier last week and picked up Lamela today. I've got 3 different leagues I'm playing Fantasy Premier League. On ESPN, I am ranked 4,189 (top 94.9%) and still have Sterling playing today.

I made some moves for next week and think I could really challenge on ESPN to have one of the best teams. Along with my current ranking, I made moves to pick up Silva, Ivanovic, Lamela, Dier, Naismith, Fabianski, and Yoshida.
Looked good yesterday, part of that was how bad QPR played but I think they have gotten the perfect manager to make that run at Champions League football. Just need to find a way to keep Daniel Levy from screwing them up.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:04 PM   #171
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Liverpool @ Man City coming on in a couple hours! Any thoughts on the match? Would love to see Liverpool get a positive result, but they will have to earn it. Going to be tough sledding on the road with several new faces in the lineup.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:10 PM   #172
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
Liverpool @ Man City coming on in a couple hours! Any thoughts on the match? Would love to see Liverpool get a positive result, but they will have to earn it. Going to be tough sledding on the road with several new faces in the lineup.
The biggest issue for City is staying healthy. Can Aguero, Toure, Silva, Dzeko, etc stay healthy all year? If so, this team will be one of the top 2 in the Premier League. For EPL champs, they have flown under the radar since they didn't make that many moves. However, this team is very good. Schedule is tough early on so if they squeeze out some wins and get the full 3 points, they will be tough.

I can't see Liverpool beating Man City on the road. Their best chance may be a draw.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:18 PM   #173
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
The biggest issue for City is staying healthy. Can Aguero, Toure, Silva, Dzeko, etc stay healthy all year? If so, this team will be one of the top 2 in the Premier League. For EPL champs, they have flown under the radar since they didn't make that many moves. However, this team is very good. Schedule is tough early on so if they squeeze out some wins and get the full 3 points, they will be tough.

I can't see Liverpool beating Man City on the road. Their best chance may be a draw.
I would be pretty happy with a road draw against city at this point in the season. Even that will be difficult. So much will depend on how the new guys get on. Haven't seen the lineup yet, but sounds like Markovic and Moreno will be getting their first Premier League starts and Lovren and Manquillo probably in the lineup for their second Liverpool starts (Not counting pre-season).
Old 08-25-2014, 02:43 PM   #174
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

Rooting for a goalless draw in which neither team shows any attacking prowess whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
What I learned from this weekend: West Ham may be really good.
Let's not get carried away now.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:09 PM   #175
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

This is a very entertaining match so far. City aren't dominating. Liverpool look very dangerous.

Last edited by uscjeremynca; 08-25-2014 at 04:21 PM.
uscjeremynca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #176
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
This is a very entertaining match so far. City aren't dominating. Liverpool look very dangerous.
Good effort so far from Liverpool. I'm a little nervous about them getting hit on a breakaway.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:33 PM   #177
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Damn, Moreno is going to need to be more physical to make a difference in England. He just got steamrolled for that goal.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:35 PM   #178
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
Damn, Moreno is going to need to be more physical to make a difference in England. He just got steamrolled for that goal.
That goal came from nowhere. City hardly had any chances on goal til that one. Liverpool had been the better side in the first half.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:36 PM   #179
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

City are good. They are extremely solid in all aspects of the game. The one way to beat them is with speed. Their back line is strong but not fast. Need to put a lot of pressure on them and use speed to counter attack.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:44 PM   #180
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
City are good. They are extremely solid in all aspects of the game. The one way to beat them is with speed. Their back line is strong but not fast. Need to put a lot of pressure on them and use speed to counter attack.
We should see Markovic come on in the second half to add a little extra speed and creativity. That's 2 weeks in a row we gave up a goal inside the box on a ball that should have been cleared out. Rain coming down pretty hard now too, should make for a fun 2nd half.