CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
WeStillOwnUSC
Coulwoodwarlord
Yearofthegamecock
TAFC 5 1981
gamecock88
SCohioBoy
Regalcock
Kentucky prediction (2105)
Just Booked my Hotel (1409)
Best position coach (824)
Waldrop doubtful for (810)
The New Idea That'll (713)
So What? (699)
We Have A New KO Guy (573)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (444)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (276)
So What? (272)
Best position coach or co
I'm over the loss, but...
QB Recruiting Strategy
We Have A New KO Guy
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Thoughts on the basketbal
2016 - Rozelle Nix
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
What fish do you eat
Waldrop doubtful for Kent

Old 08-23-2014, 12:46 PM   #41
wilfont
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
wilfont is sharpening his clawswilfont is sharpening his clawswilfont is sharpening his clawswilfont is sharpening his claws
Default Re: I'm not buying the hype, sorry!

LSU fan wishing the Gamecocks much success in 2014. Hope to see you guys in Atlanta on December 6.
wilfont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:55 PM   #42
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
This team will be good...I'm thinking 10-win season after bowl win, but I don't see why people are saying this is the team to get us an SEC title. DT is a major drop off after Shaw, no Clowney to take the pressure off the D line, no Bruce for the clutch 3rd or 4th down catch, an injury prone RB, and developing secondary. We do have a manageable schedule, but the East looks very competitive this year. Just a few close losses and the title game is toast. The best real chance we had for a title was last season. Don't get all madbro, just educate me on what you super fans are giddy about, cuz I'm not sure I see a juggernaut here.
You are clueless. Not one thing you have said about any of the players are accurate. "Super fans" know that the offense is completely loaded and DT is a gamer just like Shaw and that the new faces on defense are really good and we will show out. Spurrier is confident. If you don't see why, than that should tell you he knows things you don't and that is all you really need to know.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #43
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

I'm not buying the hype that you're even a Gamecock fan. I cannot recall one single post from you that wasn't negative. Now, before one single snap of football has been played you start right back where he left off. Conservative optimism is one thing and natural for anyone not wearing garnet glasses but you sir are nothing but pure negative garbage.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:58 PM   #44
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
I'm not buying the negative bullshit attitude a week before the season starts. There is only one rational reason to post such junk. Its because a fan can go back and say "I predicted it". I find that self centered at the least. But, I am also one that doesn't play the season prediction threads because my prediction is always "undefeated" and it'll stay that way until some other team proves me wrong. Its cool though bro, I'm predicting you're wrong.
Exactly right. He just wants to be "that guy" in case things go badly he can gloat and say "I told you so." Pathetic.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:59 PM   #45
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
This team will be good...I'm thinking 10-win season after bowl win, but I don't see why people are saying this is the team to get us an SEC title. DT is a major drop off after Shaw, no Clowney to take the pressure off the D line, no Bruce for the clutch 3rd or 4th down catch, an injury prone RB, and developing secondary. We do have a manageable schedule, but the East looks very competitive this year. Just a few close losses and the title game is toast. The best real chance we had for a title was last season. Don't get all madbro, just educate me on what you super fans are giddy about, cuz I'm not sure I see a juggernaut here.

I disagree with you and our coaches do too.

First of all, we have more depth than we have ever had top to bottom.

Not having Clowney is a negative, but let's face it, he didn't set the world on fire last year. We have a very solid DL. Darrius English will show why he was the Defensive MVP in the State of Georgia as a senior. With his 250 lb weight and speed, I am sure he will be exciting to watch. The kid knows how to play. We have almost too many DTs. We have solid depth there and they are almost interchangeable. The move to a 3-4 helps with the DE numbers not being as great.

DT is not the major drop off from Shaw you described. In fact, before last season many here were screaming for Dylan to start over Shaw. DT is a leader and has taken ownership of this team. I feel very comfortable there. You seem to forget he beat a top 10 clemp5son team on the road, he led the winning drive in the Outback Bowl, he was the quarterback when we beat UCF (finished in the top 10) on the road. Most starting qbs in college football don't have those items on their resumes.

I have heard that Brison Williams is playing the corner position better than Vic or Legree. You have to remember that Vic got caught out of position a lot last year and that was why he was benched early in the season. Brison is a very smart player and won't get beat. Our safeties are solid and have played a lot. Our only question is Al Harris as a true freshman corner. That doesn't make me feel too bad. Reports are that he has some of the finest footwork of any corner we have had since Gilmore played.

BAW is a stud. He may be a Clowney type of a player. I know Lorenzo changed the scheme to a 3-4 just to get this kid on the field. We didn't change anything for Clowney. I think folks here are going to be so surprised by this kid. Our LBs are very good. TJ Holloman took Kaiwan's starting job. Kaiwan didn't lose it as I heard he has played fine. But Holloman beat him out. So LB corp will only be stronger this year and won't have the learning period of 6 games like last year. This D will be very aggressive.

The O is loaded with talent. You speak of an injury prone RB. We have three excellent RBs (Davis, Wilds, Williams) and one very good RB (Shon). The wrs will be fun to watch. Shaq, Pharoh, Byrd, Jones will have great seasons. Pharoh will more than adequately replace Bruce. Our TEs are great. OUr OL will be the best we have had in a long time. It will be better than last year (although I didn't think last year was as good as it should have been). We have everything that we need. What's so hard about that?

Finally, we have a very good PK. If we can get good punting and return men, we will not have a weakness on this team. Think about that. Not a weakness on this team. When have we ever been able to say that.

So I choose to be optimistic. The schedule sets up nice for us. We don't play three top 10 teams in a row. We don't travel for three or four games in a row (I think that hurt us at UT last year). We just have to go out and play to our capabilities. And that's why I am optimistic. We have the best coaching staff and they will get these guys ready to play. Does that answer your poor mouth question?

Last edited by henmania; 08-23-2014 at 01:10 PM.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:29 PM   #46
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

These 10-11 win seasons are not an aberration; I think they're the new reality. Yes,, we might go 8-3 or 9-2, but for the near future, that's something we will be upset about, not celebrating. We will be disappointed when not winning championships, and that's in the toughest conference in the country.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:36 PM   #47
airborne09
Blue Chip

Male

airborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervous

We are fans, we each have an opinion. As much as liked shaw I'm just as tired of hearing we have nothing after him. Dude was a winner and made very few mistakes. It is hard to make mistakes as a QB when you don't throw the ball. Not many thought Bruce was going to be as valuable as he turned out to be. So when he leaves we don't have anybody to fill his shoes? We're loaded with talent. We have a QB who is an actual QB.. We have receivers out the butt. Will we win 9 games or 12 games? Shit who knows but to say we're not going to be as good because we lost some players. That's just fair to to this year's team.

Last edited by airborne09; 08-23-2014 at 01:51 PM.
airborne09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:41 PM   #48
BiscoCocky
Recruit

Male

BiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill98 View Post
I'm an A&M fan and I was on this site trying to learn more about why people were so excited about this team. I definitely understood the "hype" coming into last season, but not this year. I think there is a bunch of misinformation still out among fans. The analysts at media were discussing the A&M vs. South Carolina game. They said that even though South Carolina lost a ton of talent, they had out recruited A&M 4 of the last 5 years. The truth is that it was the other way around. I think statements like this start to "infect" reasoning. South Carolina has a very difficult schedule ahead of it this year, especially cross-divisional. Last year they had Arkansas and MSU. A&M and Auburn are going to be much more difficult opponents, especially when you look at the talent these teams added. A&M had the #5 and Auburn had the #6 ranked recruiting class. South Carolina had a #16 recruiting class, but I adjusted it for the kids that didn't make it on campus and it ended up ranked 31st.

To put that in perspective... That recruiting class puts South Carolina behind every SEC opponent they face this year outside of MIZZOU and Vandy. I'm not saying they are going to lose to everybody, but it may be a more difficult road than fans are predicting.

South Carolina fans want to write recruiting off, but it typically accounts for nearly 30% of team rosters every year. They also seem really excited about that 2015 class they are putting together.

Please stop posting, if you do I'll buy you a script to 24/7, rivals, scout, or whatever crap recruiting site you wanna jag off too. You literally do nothing but talk about 18 yr old boys, I think you need help. Also you have absolutely no idea wtf you're talking about. Please explain to me how ATM even competes with bama let alone beats Bama when bama has the number 1 recruiting class every year? We have to replace our qb, that might be tough, you guys have to replace your entire offense from the last 2 years............................oh and your defense still sucks.

Last edited by BiscoCocky; 08-23-2014 at 05:52 PM.
BiscoCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #49
Latti
Uscooper

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Latti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudly

Quote:

Are you negative about everything in your life or just Carolina sports?
Latti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:55 PM   #50
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

rt3891 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
I'm an A&M fan and I was on this site trying to learn more about why people were so excited about this team. I definitely understood the "hype" coming into last season, but not this year. I think there is a bunch of misinformation still out among fans. The analysts at media were discussing the A&M vs. South Carolina game. They said that even though South Carolina lost a ton of talent, they had out recruited A&M 4 of the last 5 years. The truth is that it was the other way around. I think statements like this start to "infect" reasoning. South Carolina has a very difficult schedule ahead of it this year, especially cross-divisional. Last year they had Arkansas and MSU. A&M and Auburn are going to be much more difficult opponents, especially when you look at the talent these teams added. A&M had the #5 and Auburn had the #6 ranked recruiting class. South Carolina had a #16 recruiting class, but I adjusted it for the kids that didn't make it on campus and it ended up ranked 31st.

To put that in perspective... That recruiting class puts South Carolina behind every SEC opponent they face this year outside of MIZZOU and Vandy. I'm not saying they are going to lose to everybody, but it may be a more difficult road than fans are predicting.

South Carolina fans want to write recruiting off, but it typically accounts for nearly 30% of team rosters every year. They also seem really excited about that 2015 class they are putting together.
Did all 30 teams ranked ahead of us have every recruit ( or just more) make it in this cycle? If that's not the case, inaccurate statement.
rt3891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:21 PM   #51
StormOfTalons
Blue Chip

Male

StormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPit

Quote:

Jesus. I'll be glad when the A&M game is over so maybe some of these high and mighty twat waffles will crawl back into their holes somewhere in bum**** Texas to lick their wounds after we tear them a new one.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:27 PM   #52
BiscoCocky
Recruit

Male

BiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post
Jesus. I'll be glad when the A&M game is over so maybe some of these high and mighty twat waffles will crawl back into their holes somewhere in bum**** Texas to lick their wounds after we tear them a new one.
Ditto. I will also be glad next year when Charlie Strong has his first recruiting cycle, something tells me these ATM fans will stfu once UT starts dominating them in recruiting again.

Last edited by BiscoCocky; 08-23-2014 at 05:52 PM.
BiscoCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:29 PM   #53
Ace Dilcock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 680
Ace Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his comb

I want to be nice to Chill98 but his post is pretty weak. He is predicting that A & M will be a lot better in 2014 based onto their strong recruiting class, and we will be worse for the same reason. A good team does not rely on true Freshmen except in dire situations, and when they do play they are not nearly as good as experienced players. We had a bad recruiting year because we were the youngest team in the NCAA last year. Meaning, we could not bring in many players so we could not get a higher ranking. It also means that we will have Sophs and RS Freshmen going against the Aggies true Freshmen and I will take that any day.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:40 PM   #54
scargamecocks87
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
scargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudly

Quote:
This is pathetic. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. I hope you turned your tv off at the start of the fourth quarter against Mizzou. I am so sorry your gamecock football season is over before it started. Thursday can't get here fast enough and i cant wait for this season.
scargamecocks87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:45 PM   #55
uscgrad68
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 616
uscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his comb

Quote:
Whatever the hype was, is now meaningless. This is game week - 5 days to go. It will all play out on the field. The bragging will start with a win and the hype will be left behind.
uscgrad68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:49 PM   #56
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

A "look at me" post by the OP.

What a surprise.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:53 PM   #57
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

OP, "more constant than the speed of light"
Old 08-23-2014, 07:25 PM   #58
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

CockyCash: 100500
johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material

I dont have a reputation for being overwhelmingly negative. And I do think the OP makes valid points. Could someone convince me that A&M's O is not going to torch our secondary? I really want someone to convince so that I can sleep Wednesday night.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:39 PM   #59
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

CockyCash: 750
cocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot material

I hate evil chickens posts... so lame

cocksmith1or11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:44 PM   #60
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcclane View Post
I dont have a reputation for being overwhelmingly negative. And I do think the OP makes valid points. Could someone convince me that A&M's O is not going to torch our secondary? I really want someone to convince so that I can sleep Wednesday night.
Are you seriously going to be staying up all night worrying about that? I can't stand it when all these sissy little worriers come out right before the game.