CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GarnetSwarm1990
Gamecocks1137
Jim Lahey
Storm Of Spurs
roosterdude21
kingofnerf
NinjaSven
Sandstorm29
wincocks84
Absfract
Wilds & Carson B (2571)
Marquavius Lewis (2556)
So, why is next year (2388)
How Long Will The Re (1551)
Why do so many of yo (1127)
Restaurant musts in (1126)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (848)
Shot in the arm for (838)
Custom Jersey (452)
5 Gourmet Foods That (316)
The Vent and Coaching cha
Nosovitch/bowl/ question.
looks like we have 2 OL r
How Long Will The Rebuild
Marquavius Lewis
2015 Signee - Sherrod Pit
Why do so many of you guy
Frank Martin's Game has b
2015 Commitment - Dante S
Further clarification on

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2014, 06:17 PM   #1
Bed Sores
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Bed Sores has feathers coming inBed Sores has feathers coming in
Default Howdy Gamecocks!

I come in peace so put down your pitch forks. I have been an Aggie fan since the early to mid 80s

I rarely register at sites for our opponents but decided to for whatever reason. This place reminds me just a little of our very own (texags.com) By the way, ignore most of what you read in the Aggie football section. Its nick named The Zoo for a good cause.

Lets get started. I have predicted the following
Gamecocks 28
Fight'n Texas Aggies 25

Only because of these facts. Aggies going on the road to a tough opponent, question mark on defense and its the first game of the season. I feel that our defense will look greatly improved in the last half of the season. I really wish this game wasn't the first game of the year. Oh well... I keep hearing that our QB Kenny Hill will be "shook" due to crowd noise and atmosphere. I couldn't disagree more. It is rare that a QB is shook these days from crowd noise. In my time I have witnessed this most with QBs that played at much smaller schools IE non conference games. Ironically though, there is a youtube video of a t.u QB that couldn't get the snap off due to crowd noise at Kyle Field. The referees actually threatened penalties if our crowd didn't quiet down. Dont believe me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NUxFE2oJ-M

These kids that play in the SEC are a cut above the average college football player. If they cant handle crowd noise they shouldn't be in the 2 deep. This is not a knock on yalls stadium or fan base btw. I know yall will have the stadium packed with 80+k and yall are very passionate.

Getting to the nit and gritty. I watched yalls spring game. I feel like I got a decent grasp for yalls current team. I know a spring game/scrimmage is not the most accurate way to assess a team but you can take away some things. This is what I gathered. I love yalls running game. It seems like most programs these days have a nice RB corps but yalls is a cut above. Yall have a weapon or two at WR. Shaq was one that I can remember. Yall's offensive line was either really freaking good or yall have taken a step or two back in the front 7 on defense. Its really hard to tell. Yall often talk bad about your secondary but I thought they looked good in the spring game. Unlike our secondary yalls DB's tackle and don't blow assignments. I was not impressed with Dylan Thompson. But I don't think he's going to be a huge factor either way in our game. Coach Spurrier is one of the very best. I assume he's going to run the ball a lot and keep the passing game very conservative meaning Dylan wont throw the ball down field much. For the record, I don't think Dylan is horrible. I just think his ceiling isn't very high. He's smart and committed but is a career back up as far as the NCAA level is concerned.

As far as our fans. Please treat them with respect. I say this because next year when you come to College Station you will be impressed. Our fans take pride in being friendly and helpful. Prepare yourselves while in College Station to hear a bunch of "Howdy, welcome to Aggieland" We will buy you a beer after the game and ask you how your travels were. Just an example, but in 2004 and 05 we played Clemson. They came to Kyle Field first and after they got back their President caught wind from the students and fans about their experience. Long story short, Clemson fans claim their President put out a mass email to the students asking them to be on their best behavior while our fans where in town. He apparently wanted to return the favor to our fans

Lastly, ignore everything you will hear from our former rivals from the Big 12. t.u, Texas Tceh and baylor. 90% of what you will read is totally fabricated or greatly exaggerated. Every fan base has some rotten apples but I must say we have very few rotten apples and police our own.

Looking forward to the game. Wish I could be there but Ill be watching. Ill stop by win or lose after the game.

Gig'em
Bed Sores is offline   Reply With Quote