CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ahmad
eightohhthree
jrussjr
markp_vip
ChickenButt
Cockypantherfan
cocky-K
HeadCockFan
FeloniousCock
Mizzou Depth Chart v (1989)
Legitimate, Unbiased (1428)
Antonio Allen vs Als (1428)
Cack's Toast of the (1311)
Brawl at 49ers/Cardi (1236)
why we're in this po (1089)
I guess we don't get (1070)
Pharoh Cooper is a s (781)
Look who's at the bo (741)
open discussion of t (569)
Ex-player sues Southern C
Legitimate, Unbiased Opin
Predict the Season (After
Spurrier Press conference
open discussion of this t
Acockolypse Now.........
official UFC thread. (new
Gameday Sign Ideas
Acock's Wrap Up: Vandy
Pharoh Cooper is a stud

Old 08-23-2014, 04:36 PM   #1
FeloniousCock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
FeloniousCock has hatched from the shell
Default What's all the hype on Jeff Driskel ?

I have seen several analyst talk about how great he is. They downplayed the injuries of the team and himself but couldnt provide facts of why he is great. I just dont get it. Maybe this is why they get paid the big bucks but i think the guy is mediocre. I just do not see Florida being a "Power House" team like some are making them out to be.
FeloniousCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:42 PM   #2
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK
Default Re: What's all the hype on Jeff Driskel ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeloniousCock View Post
I have seen several analyst talk about how great he is. They downplayed the injuries of the team and himself but couldnt provide facts of why he is great. I just dont get it. Maybe this is why they get paid the big bucks but i think the guy is mediocre. I just do not see Florida being a "Power House" team like some are making them out to be.
probably more of the name on the front of the jersey and I believe he was a highly recruited qb.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:05 PM   #3
FeloniousCock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
FeloniousCock has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
probably more of the name on the front of the jersey and I believe he was a highly recruited qb.
Yeah i can understand that... but still the last two years he has done nothing. Also they didn't hype him the last two years as a great QB.
FeloniousCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:17 PM   #4
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Quote:
Yeah i can understand that... but still the last two years he has done nothing. Also they didn't hype him the last two years as a great QB.
That is where the name on the front of the jersey plays into it. The qb for bama that was beat out by Winston is a heisman contender in some circles and the kid hasn't even taken a snap and thrown the ball in a game.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:27 PM   #5
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

CockyCash: 100500
johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material

talented kid + good coordinator + a season last year from which his only direction is "up" = hype
Old 08-23-2014, 07:56 PM   #6
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:

Jeff Driskel led the 2012 Gators to an 11-2 record

He was hyped as a great QB going into 2013 because of his sophomore season and his 6'4" 230lb frame.

He started 3 games last year before breaking his leg and missing the rest of the season.

He has had a great off season of recovery and practice and is the clear starter for the gators.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:40 PM   #7
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 300
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Whoa, shots fired
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:58 PM   #8
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

He doesn't have to be great. They have a ton of talent at the skill positions that the average fan doesn't know about yet. And of course they will have one of the top 5 defenses in the nation this year.

This will be one of our top 3 hardest games.