CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
kingoftheroost
Badazcock
thekob
gamecockgal
Ahmad
gadeneer1986
Jim Lahey
Ericvol2096
cockfight21
10-2 (1981)
UK promoting a black (1770)
Four UK Players Susp (1374)
Build a New Stadium (1094)
Connor Shaw's fault. (777)
QB Recruiting Strate (612)
This program has no (582)
Cleaned up version: (556)
Remaining schedules (416)
Defer Or Not? (398)
Build a New Stadium
10-2
QB Recruiting Strategy
2016 - Tavien Feaster
UK promoting a blackout f
Nosovitch
Defer Or Not?
State talent drying up
KY Suspends 4 Players for
Name a Gamecock

Old 08-23-2014, 08:36 PM   #21
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Hurricane Game?

Hopefully there won't be a delay again
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:27 PM   #22
YouCanNeverTell
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
YouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot material

I was just talking to someone about that 07 Thursday night game against #8 Kentucky. One of the most electric atmospheres ever! I'm not afraid I the rain.
YouCanNeverTell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:19 PM   #23
hubbarjm
Count of Monte Fisto

Male

hubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCanNeverTell View Post
I was just talking to someone about that 07 Thursday night game against #8 Kentucky. One of the most electric atmospheres ever! I'm not afraid I the rain.
I was at the Kentucky game in question it was epic. I think UK was #5 in the country? I do find humor in try to predict weather accurately even 1 day in advance. Though hurricanes get more attention and more analysis.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:47 PM   #24
SuperCockMaster
4-Star

Male

SuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPit

I hope it doesn't rain. I am actually going to this game. I don't want to be stuck in the rain. :|

I just checked weather.com, and it says 0% chance: http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail5/USSC0065

I hope they're right.
SuperCockMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:06 AM   #25
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCanNeverTell View Post
Yeah, that was incredible and one of my favorite games I've been to. If the A&M game plays out like that, I'll love every minute.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:09 AM   #26
highstick
Recruit

Male

highstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurs

Can't be any worse than the opening game with the Holes last year!
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 02:11 AM   #27
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

I'm flying out of Charlotte on the 27th at 3:30 PM hope it doesn't affect me... don't think it will.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 02:56 AM   #28
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 1080
Copperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talons

My Thurs is a win win. Good surf before I retrieve child for opening against TAM at WB. Section 19 won't bitch if a few clouds found their way over us

Gotta love it
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:11 AM   #29
bigoleCOCK3521
Walk On

Male

bigoleCOCK3521 has hatched from the shell

I'm coming from Myrtle Beach Thursday morning.. driving back after the game.. looks like this makes for an interesting drive back. super.
bigoleCOCK3521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:29 AM   #30
ThisMr X
Starter

Male

ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
All I know is, rain makes the ball slippery and doesn't benefit pass heavy teams. Bring it on!

Rained last year and they are still showing that Davis 75 yard TD run after the weather delay.
actually having your gloves wet will aid in catching the ball better, though passing would be an issue.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:32 AM   #31
ThisMr X
Starter

Male

ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbarjm View Post
I was at the Kentucky game in question it was epic. I think UK was #5 in the country? I do find humor in try to predict weather accurately even 1 day in advance. Though hurricanes get more attention and more analysis.
UK #5, damn that seems like such a long time ago.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:03 AM   #32
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisMr X View Post
UK #5, damn that seems like such a long time ago.
They were 8th coming into that game, but it was relatively early in the season. What year were we 6th and the wheels came off at home against Vandy?
Old 08-24-2014, 05:13 AM   #33
bigoleCOCK3521
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisMr X View Post
actually having your gloves wet will aid in catching the ball better, though passing would be an issue.
not sure if Carolina does it.. but a lot of teams have a "rain ball" that's composite. almost like a cheap version of the game ball and a rubbery kind of material. and I mean cheap as in.. in high school (c/o '08) we used the Wilson GST which ran for about 80-90 bucks a ball and our rain ball was the same brand but the cheaper material and it was like 35-40 bucks.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:13 AM   #34
bigoleCOCK3521
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
They were 8th coming into that game, but it was relatively early in the season. What year were we 6th and the wheels came off at home against Vandy?
2007 I believe?
Old 08-24-2014, 05:31 AM   #35
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
Columbia has double the average rainfall than College Station.
Lmfao... You guys are killing me...
No rain = advantage USC. Rain = Advantage USC
"It's hot in Columbia, you guys don't know how to handle the heat"
Everything is "advantage USC" according to some of your fans.

Old 08-24-2014, 05:40 AM   #36
bigoleCOCK3521
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie96 View Post
Lmfao... You guys are killing me...
No rain = advantage USC. Rain = Advantage USC
"It's hot in Columbia, you guys don't know how to handle the heat"
Everything is "advantage USC" according to some of your fans.

no Manziel... advantage USC
Old 08-24-2014, 06:02 AM   #37
BlakelyH19
Blue Chip

Male

BlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPit

When I seen this thread I thought it was going to be about the Hurricane game against NC State back in 1999?
Old 08-24-2014, 06:50 AM   #38
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

Aggies wearing Adidas uniforms... Advantage USC
Old 08-24-2014, 06:54 AM   #39
GSC2013
4-Star

Male

GSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie96 View Post
Aggies wearing Adidas uniforms... Advantage USC
Thursday's opponent has Texas A&M's defense....advantage USC.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:07 AM   #40
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 540
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Chicken Finger Wednesday... Advantage USC
roosterdude21 is online now   Reply With Quote