CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
kingofnerf
4Runner
robgusc76
gamecockgal
Storm Of Spurs
ReadR00ster
QCB
CBS: SOS to Florida? (3186)
Juco QBs? (1173)
SDS grades the Furma (911)
we can STILL win the (905)
Auburn/USC point spr (783)
How do you want Aubu (676)
Whenever I Get Depre (658)
If the Head Ball Coa (514)
Mike Davis Stiff Arm (328)
When did it change ? (245)
CBS: SOS to Florida?
Shamiek Sheppard (2014 Pr
If the Head Ball Coach re
Juco QBs?
Auburn/USC point spread
Cann tipping plays?
Williams and Mitch
How do you want Auburn to
we can STILL win the east
Just started playing &quo

Old 08-24-2014, 12:04 AM   #101
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Browns vs Rams tonight at 7

Cleveland sucks a bag of camel di***
Old 08-24-2014, 12:04 AM   #102
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockDad1531 View Post
Shaw will make the first cut. Most NFL teams mostly know already who they are going to cut. Week 4 will be the Shaw Show b/c the Browns won't keep 4 qbs, so they'll need to see if Shaw is good enough to be the number 3. If they are still not sure after week 4, they'll keep Grossman b/c he's a veteran guy backing up two young guys and cut Shaw, but then sign him to the practice squad. I'd be interested to know if Grossman has some sort of contract clause that if he makes the final 53 man roster, he gets a bonus. If that's the case and the difference btw him and Shaw isn't that great, they could conceivably keep Shaw and cut Grossman to save that money.

Several factors still in play. Everyone should take a deep breath and get ready to watch Shaw work next week.
The announcers weren't even discussing him being in against the Bears , they were saying Grossman would be.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:07 AM   #103
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
The announcers weren't even discussing him being in against the Bears , they were saying Grossman would be.

Makes sense. The Browns will want to get a look at their 3rd string QB. I bet Hoyer plays a couple of series, Manziel gets a long time in the game and then Grossman.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:07 AM   #104
GamecockDad1531
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot material

Week three is the final dress rehearsal for the 1st team off and def. It's not really about seeing who will make it and who won't. That's week 4. The Browns know what they have in Grossman. He'll play a good bit next week but so will Shaw. And just b/c Shaw might outplay him doesn't mean they'll keep Shaw over Grossman. It may be cheaper for them to keep Grossman and sign Shaw to their practice squad. The cost has to be really close and Shaw needs to leave no doubt.
GamecockDad1531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:13 AM   #105
GamecockDad1531
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot material

I'd imagine it'll be 1-2 series for Hoyer, till halftime for Manziel, 3Q for Grossman and 4th for Shaw.
GamecockDad1531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:31 AM   #106
Storm Of Spurs
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Storm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockDad1531 View Post
I'd imagine it'll be 1-2 series for Hoyer, till halftime for Manziel, 3Q for Grossman and 4th for Shaw.
And I think you're setting yourself up for major disappointment.

I think we've seen the last we're going to see of Connor Shaw in a Browns uniform. Now we can only hope they sign him to practice squad and an organization worth a damn that doesn't have their heads up their asses snatches him up and gives him a legit shot to earn a spot.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:35 AM   #107
SouthernCock
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1120657
SouthernCock is USC mascot materialSouthernCock is USC mascot materialSouthernCock is USC mascot materialSouthernCock is USC mascot materialSouthernCock is USC mascot materialSouthernCock is USC mascot materialSouthernCock is USC mascot materialSouthernCock is USC mascot materialSouthernCock is USC mascot materialSouthernCock is USC mascot materialSouthernCock is USC mascot material

i thought i remember something being said that 1st cuts were before the next game.
SouthernCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:37 AM   #108
El Cid Ranger
Black Magic Squad

Male

CockyCash: 850200
El Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot materialEl Cid Ranger is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post
And I think you're setting yourself up for major disappointment.

I think we've seen the last we're going to see of Connor Shaw in a Browns uniform. Now we can only hope they sign him to practice squad and an organization worth a damn that doesn't have their heads up their asses snatches him up and gives him a legit shot to earn a spot.
That was literally the biggest display of turdness I've seen in a while, maybe it won't be a bad thing if Shaw gets a chance to take his abilities somewhere else!
Old 08-24-2014, 12:44 AM   #109
TAFC 5 1981
Blue Chip

Male

TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

Shaw deserves better than the Cleveland Clowns. Michael Sam can give Manziel a new nickname; Johnny Bottom.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:50 AM   #110
Storm Of Spurs
Blue Chip

Male

Storm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cid Ranger View Post
That was literally the biggest display of turdness I've seen in a while, maybe it won't be a bad thing if Shaw gets a chance to take his abilities somewhere else!
My post? Or? I'm a bit confused.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:51 AM   #111
Storm Of Spurs
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCock View Post
i thought i remember something being said that 1st cuts were before the next game.
First cuts are this Tuesday (the 26th).

Final preseason games are the 28th.

Final cuts are the 30th.

Waiver claims period expires and practice squad assignments are on the 31st.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:32 AM   #112
CockyInSeattle
4-Star

Male

CockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPit

Honestly, it might be better if Connor gets cut. At least he could try out for a team that might be relevant in the next decade. Pettine is no Pete Carroll.
CockyInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:31 AM   #113
BlakelyH19
Blue Chip

Male

BlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPit

So Shaw could get cut this tuesday and play a preseason game for someone else in week 4?
Old 08-24-2014, 05:54 AM   #114
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Anyone care to research all of the times an undrafted free agent started over a first round pick in the same draft class?
Old 08-24-2014, 08:05 AM   #115
uscsabres
4-Star

Male

uscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakelyH19 View Post
So Shaw could get cut this tuesday and play a preseason game for someone else in week 4?
No, because he can't learn a new playbook in less than a week.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:12 AM   #116
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

I cant believe that #2s 7 yard yard td run was a top 10 play.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:00 AM   #117
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I wouldn't play him again if I was Cleveland. Use him as trade bait.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:13 AM   #118
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I wouldn't play him again if I was Cleveland. Use him as trade bait.

What would his trade value be?

I don't see much of a market for an UDFA on the verge of getting cut.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:40 AM   #119
rabid cock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 300
rabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
Anyone care to research all of the times an undrafted free agent started over a first round pick in the same draft class?
You're right, and they probably won't even let him play again, because he made the other two QB's look incompetent.
rabid cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:36 PM   #120
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I can't wait to see Clowney get a hold of Johnny Finger. I hope it's like the Macho Man Randy Savage breaking into a slim jim.