CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
GregoryHouse
Badazcock
Gamecocks1137
Carolina-Beez
zcoop
Grit_And_Steel
roosterdude21
Jdallen20
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (2661)
ESPN Game Day Commen (1606)
Simple "yes&quo (1344)
Phil Steele just pre (1030)
The Comeback & T (777)
Garcia: Change the R (617)
TeMarcus Blanton (608)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
Miss St vs. Kentucky (260)
Wallpaper & Back (245)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Bama @ Tennessee
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Anybody just have that &q
Turtle Beach
Miss St vs. Kentucky
Where in Seattle
UFC 179: Jose Aldo vs Cha
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Name a Gamecock

Old 08-24-2014, 12:43 PM   #1
ds401
4-Star

Female

CockyCash: 500
ds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot material
Angry This is why vehicles shouldn't block the sidewalk

Everyone

Please be consider of others when parking. I am handicapped and to block a sidewalk is rude and illegal. I told the parents that if their children respect others I expect the parents to. Actually it is rude to anyone who is walking down the sidewalk. Their is also a fire hydrate. The parent made the mistake of saying I didn't matter. This happened on Gibbes Court near Capstone.

I don't think drivers of parked cars would like it if I blocked the rear of their car 'for a minute' so they couldn't back out of the driveway.
Attached Images

ds401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:09 PM   #2
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material
Default Re: This is why vehicles shouldn't block the sidewalk

He's handicapped. That is clear as day.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:10 PM   #3
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Take a pic showing their tag. Report them.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:14 PM   #4
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Looks like he left enough room for everyone to be happy!
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:30 PM   #5
YouCanNeverTell
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
YouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot material

I left plenty of room for you to go around behind my truck and get onto the other sidewalk without getting off the pavement.

J/k. Not really my truck.
YouCanNeverTell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:35 PM   #6
ds401
4-Star

Female

ds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
He's handicapped. That is clear as day.
cute. old joke.
ds401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:48 PM   #7
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Agree 1000%. Not only for the handicapped aspect, but in our condo complex the sidewalks are right along the road so when I walk my 2 dogs we have to go into the street to get around the 4-5 yahoos who can't see fit to pull all the way into their driveways. Fortunately it's not a busy street but occasionally cars come around the corner quickly so the potential for danger is there

And yes I've e-mailed the condo association about it but apparently it's not an important issue.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:53 PM   #8
rdwylie
My safe word is whiskey.

Male

CockyCash: 400
rdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post
Agree 1000%. Not only for the handicapped aspect, but in our condo complex the sidewalks are right along the road so when I walk my 2 dogs we have to go into the street to get around the 4-5 yahoos who can't see fit to pull all the way into their driveways. Fortunately it's not a busy street but occasionally cars come around the corner quickly so the potential for danger is there

And yes I've e-mailed the condo association about it but apparently it's not an important issue.

I know this is a serious issue and agree with you JB about the potential for danger but have you ever seen "Malibu's Most Wanted?" That is all I could think of after reading this:

B-Rad: But you heard them laughing. I ain't nothing but a busta.

Shondra: They just don't understand you. None of them know how hardcore it is up in Malibu.

B-Rad-Yeah?

Shondra-Yeah! With the traffic......and the sharks. Y'all got sharks!

B-Rad - And when the public be all up on your private beach?

Shondra - Right. Right.

Set a couple of those bad boys on fire and I bet it will jump to the top of the condo association's next agenda...... that's how I roll.

+ =

#whitepeopleproblems #thingsthatIsaynowthatwouldcausemyteenageselftojus tshakeitsheadandwalkaway

Last edited by rdwylie; 08-24-2014 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Traffic, traffic lookin' fo my chapstick, feelin' kinda car sick, there's a Ford Maverick.
rdwylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:02 PM   #9
Tolley
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 0
Tolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPit

Not really the same, but this asshole parked dead in the middle of two parking spots at the store tonight. So, I took as many shopping carts as I could find, and put them around his car.
Tolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:42 PM   #10
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Why did they put a sidewalk in a community that doesn't have adequate parking?

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:59 AM   #11
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolley View Post
Not really the same, but this asshole parked dead in the middle of two parking spots at the store tonight. So, I took as many shopping carts as I could find, and put them around his car.
I park far out at the end but do sometimes take 2 spots because I respect the money I spent on my truck but others don't respect what's mine I have found out the hard way. I don't think surrounding the car with carts is a good idea if someone respects their ride enough to take 2 spots they will likely be pretty angry if they see you putting carts around it.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:03 AM   #12
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

It's possible the owner of the red truck had no clue he was in the sidewalk looks to me he was just focused on not being to close to the car in front of him. Anyone who has ever parked a truck or car on a hill knows it jumps a little forward initially when you are about to reverse. On that hill much closer to the other car and he hits it on his way out.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:52 AM   #13
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
It's possible the owner of the red truck had no clue he was in the sidewalk looks to me he was just focused on not being to close to the car in front of him. Anyone who has ever parked a truck or car on a hill knows it jumps a little forward initially when you are about to reverse. On that hill much closer to the other car and he hits it on his way out.
Lol...so he gets a pass he did not realize he did not have enough room to park his truck? Maybe he should have parked somewhere else
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:30 AM   #14
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
I park far out at the end but do sometimes take 2 spots because I respect the money I spent on my truck but others don't respect what's mine I have found out the hard way. I don't think surrounding the car with carts is a good idea if someone respects their ride enough to take 2 spots they will likely be pretty angry if they see you putting carts around it.
Down here I've seen people take out their keys and go all Garcia on vehicles that did that.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:48 AM   #15
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwylie View Post
I know this is a serious issue and agree with you JB about the potential for danger but have you ever seen "Malibu's Most Wanted?" That is all I could think of after reading this:

B-Rad: But you heard them laughing. I ain't nothing but a busta.

Shondra: They just don't understand you. None of them know how hardcore it is up in Malibu.

B-Rad-Yeah?

Shondra-Yeah! With the traffic......and the sharks. Y'all got sharks!

B-Rad - And when the public be all up on your private beach?

Shondra - Right. Right.

Set a couple of those bad boys on fire and I bet it will jump to the top of the condo association's next agenda...... that's how I roll.

+ =

#whitepeopleproblems #thingsthatIsaynowthatwouldcausemyteenageselftojus tshakeitsheadandwalkaway
May come to that
Old 08-25-2014, 10:00 AM   #16
palmettosc
hypnotoad

Male

CockyCash: 1200
palmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Down here I've seen people take out their keys and go all Garcia on vehicles that did that.
Seen it happen up here too. If you're that worried about it, you need to either hug up on a curb on your passenger side to avoid door dings, drive another car, or get over yourself.
palmettosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:27 AM   #17
Sir Cuss
Two Deep

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

So...respect your vehicle, and you get two parking places? Lol, right.

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:03 PM   #18
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Please tell me this post is a joke?
Old 08-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #19
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

My drive way is shorter than my truck. City Code here states the max setback from the inside edge of the sidewalk to the house must be '15 feet. My F-150 is 17.75' long. Not much I can do about that. IMHO, the setback needs to be longer, but as we all know the city caves to developers when writing the ordinances....

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:21 PM   #20
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

maybe the driver of the truck is handicapped or pregnant...?

what then?
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote