CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Yearofthegamecock
ReadR00ster
b381l
jrussjr
WeStillOwnUSC
TAFC 5 1981
Sir Cuss
Acockolypse Now
COCKYTALKIN
eightohhthree
Auburn looks beatabl (3156)
Three young corners (1376)
**official Vandy pre (1134)
King - South Carolin (982)
Watch ESPN3 regional (744)
Haven't seen one unb (564)
No Vandy Predictions (518)
Hotel in Nashville? (357)
Zumwalt Stealth Dest (298)
Texas Tech assistant (179)
The Smoking Pig ... Tater
The SEC East schedule fro
Next years RB situation
2015 Chris Silva PF (6-9,
Funny Golf Story About HB
SEC East vs. SEC West
Three young corners progr
**official Vandy predicti
Soccer geeks
Auburn looks beatable

Old 08-25-2014, 10:08 AM   #1
TrueGarnet
Under NCAA Investigation

Male

CockyCash: 9975200
TrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPit
Default 97 On Thursday. How do YOU stay cool?

So, we'll be tailgating starting about 12:30 and the forecast calls for 97 on Thursday. I sweat just from the Fighting Cock Bourbon in my system alone....I'm not too much of a man to say we use baby wipes(chilled in the cooler) and a spray bottle to keep cool....I'll also run into the RV if its too damn unbearable. What do YOU do to stay cool tailgating in 97 degree heat in Cola? I may incorporate new....and more 'manly' ideas...
Old 08-25-2014, 10:10 AM   #2
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material
Default Re: 97 On Thursday. How do YOU stay cool?

Bud light and a tent
Old 08-25-2014, 10:15 AM   #3
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

At 97, there won't be any cool to go around.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #4
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

I like the WIS weather better , high of 91 and 88 at gametime :)
uscfsu23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:25 AM   #5
Taylorspur
Recruit

Taylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spurs

Hydrate, wear light colored clothes, take shade break, or try a mist fan. Or if you are feeling sick, bail out.
Taylorspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:25 AM   #6
TrueGarnet
Under NCAA Investigation

Male

CockyCash: 9975200
TrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfsu23 View Post
I like the WIS weather better , high of 91 and 88 at gametime :)
Thats a helluva difference. I've kept an eye on TWC and didn't think about WIS....Is WIS pretty accurate?
Old 08-25-2014, 10:27 AM   #7
mrcock
Recruit

Male

mrcock has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueGarnet View Post
So, we'll be tailgating starting about 12:30 and the forecast calls for 97 on Thursday. I sweat just from the Fighting Cock Bourbon in my system alone....I'm not too much of a man to say we use baby wipes(chilled in the cooler) and a spray bottle to keep cool....I'll also run into the RV if its too damn unbearable. What do YOU do to stay cool tailgating in 97 degree heat in Cola? I may incorporate new....and more 'manly' ideas...

In that kind of heat in Cola you don't.
mrcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:30 AM   #8
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Y'all hydrate!

http://www.wunderground.com/weather-...:29201.1.99999

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:39 AM   #9
Gamecockman12
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecockman12 has feathers coming inGamecockman12 has feathers coming inGamecockman12 has feathers coming in

Just gotta deal with it.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:41 AM   #10
spareparts
1-9-9-9

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Drink water even if you're not thirsty
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:50 AM   #11
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 668
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Butt chug a bottled water 30 minutes prior to kickoff
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:01 AM   #12
southerntramp
Game MVP

Male

southerntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudly

Lots of water between drinks...maybe get yourself a nice sundress :-)
southerntramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:10 AM   #13
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Thats a helluva difference. I've kept an eye on TWC and didn't think about WIS....Is WIS pretty accurate?
They seem fairly accurate... I like the WIS first alert weather app for storm warnings etc. So that got me in the habit of using them. Granted it is August in Columbia, it will be plenty hot :)
uscfsu23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:15 AM   #14
scz71864
5 Star Frat

Male

CockyCash: 200
scz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudly

Drink the blood of Aggie fans

scz71864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:36 AM   #15
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

testosterone.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:41 AM   #16
Todd803
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 272
Todd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPit

Quote:
You should stop by Mast General Store at Main St & Taylor and pick these up. They are great for keeping you cool, just don't put it in direct sun. They will stay "wet" for around 2 hours. My brother that lives in Tucson uses it all the time during the summer. Tuck it under your collar/shirt, and it won't even be seen.

Chilly Sport Towel - http://www.mastgeneralstore.com/prod...ly_Sport_Towel
Todd803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:06 PM   #17
dixiecock
Walk On

dixiecock is learning to peck

shade of tents, I run a large fan off the honda generator, put one of those chill wraps around your neck. When it syops working put it back in the coller for a couple of minutes and use again. wear light weight clothing but it's columbia in august, heat is to be expected.
dixiecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:09 PM   #18
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Frog toggs makes some great cooling products. They have that towel that u wet and it stays 50 degrees for a hour or two. I wrap my neck with it sometimes
Old 08-25-2014, 12:24 PM   #19
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
I take a fan and plug into a generator ! Spraying every so often to make a mist!
Old 08-25-2014, 12:37 PM   #20
GARNETANDBLACK#1
Blue Chip

Male

GARNETANDBLACK#1 has developed his gaff and talonsGARNETANDBLACK#1 has developed his gaff and talonsGARNETANDBLACK#1 has developed his gaff and talonsGARNETANDBLACK#1 has developed his gaff and talonsGARNETANDBLACK#1 has developed his gaff and talonsGARNETANDBLACK#1 has developed his gaff and talonsGARNETANDBLACK#1 has developed his gaff and talonsGARNETANDBLACK#1 has developed his gaff and talonsGARNETANDBLACK#1 has developed his gaff and talonsGARNETANDBLACK#1 has developed his gaff and talonsGARNETANDBLACK#1 has developed his gaff and talons

I'll be coming in around noon or one and probably hitting up the Wild Hare in the Vista until about 4 or so. Then, once out of there will begin my trek to Williams-Brice. Love watching the teams warm up and it charges me up even more so that by kick off I'm on fire with energy. My suggestion stay in the shade or indoors until it is time to go to the Brice!
GARNETANDBLACK#1 is offline   Reply With Quote