CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Yearofthegamecock
WeStillOwnUSC
TAFC 5 1981
Sir Cuss
kick_ball
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
SwampFox
eightohhthree
Coulwoodwarlord
uniforms saturday (2254)
Auburn looks beatabl (1875)
Vandy Fans (1533)
Three young corners (642)
Watch ESPN3 regional (630)
King - South Carolin (612)
Clemson requires sex (559)
**official Vandy pre (548)
Cardinal's Jonathan (508)
No Vandy Predictions (320)
2015 Commitment - Arden K
Three young corners progr
Next years RB situation
Auburn looks beatable
**official Vandy predicti
Search Snacks
The SEC East schedule fro
Haven't seen one unbeatab
Cardinal's Jonathan Dwyer
Georgia Visitors List - u

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 04:40 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Van Jefferson - Georgia

Quote:
3/5/2014: South Carolina Gamecocks offer Van Jefferson
per 247 Timeline

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-01-2014, 11:04 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Van Jefferson

Interview via 247

Quote:
It was light years between Jefferson and the rest of the wide receiver group with regards to route-running, polish and complete skill set. Focused and businesslike in his approach, Jefferson earned an invite to The Opening and clearly had the most dominating performance of any position in attendance.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Birming...formers-185739

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-03-2014, 11:28 PM   #3
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Article via 247

Kornblut updates since NSD:

Quote:
WR Van Jefferson (6-2 175) of Brentwood, TN has receiving in his genes. He’s the son of former NFL star receiver Shawn Jefferson who is now an assistant coach with the Tennessee Titans.
The younger Jefferson is plowing his own trail now after a junior season of 87 catches for 1257 yards and 14 touchdowns. He has a dozen offers including Clemson and USC. The others are Penn State, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Auburn, Ohio State, Purdue, Ole Miss, Middle Tennessee State, Mississippi State and Georgia.
At this point, Jefferson holds interest in the Tigers and Gamecocks and wants to visit both as soon as possible. “Clemson has a history of receivers,” he said. “Coach Swinney and coach Morris throw the ball a lot and I know I can compete for a starting position. ”
As for USC, Jefferson said it starts with the head coach. “Coach Spurrier is a great coach. My dad always talks about him and he likes to throw the ball. I’ve seen them play in that offense and I know I can play in that offense as well.”
Jefferson has visited Ohio State, Vanderbilt and Tennessee and he’s going back to Ohio State this weekend. He plans to take more visits before trimming his list and he wants to make his decision before the season.
“I want to go somewhere where I have the coaches’ trust, where I can get to the league and good a good education,” Jefferson said.
He last talked to USC recruiter Steve Spurrier Jr. when he called with the offer and je plans to call him this week. He last talked to Clemson recruiter Robbie Caldwell about two weeks ago.
Jefferson does not have favorites at this point.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...star-receiver/

Last edited by CoverTwo; 04-04-2014 at 12:55 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:45 PM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Brentwood (Tenn.) Ravenwood wide receiver Van Jefferson made a huge leap in the rankings after moving from outside the Top247 to No. 100 overall. Jefferson has added weight and strength and is one of the most polished route-runners in the nation. He has improved tremendously over the past year.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Top247-...th-star-186478

Old 05-06-2014, 09:34 PM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
There were some very talented defensive backs in attendance on Sunday but Jefferson still stood out as being on a different level. Jefferson showed elite athleticism in the testing and then showed the kind of technical route-running ability that allows him to do whatever he wants.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Playmak...-camp-28474974

Quote:
Top247 junior wide receiver Van Jefferson of Ravenwood High School in Brentwood, Tenn., said Sunday that he's hoping to visit several more schools in the coming weeks before making his college choice.
The 6-foot-2, 176-pound Jefferson — who's ranked the nation's No. 101 overall prospect in the 2015 class by 247Sports — said he's planning to visit Tennessee, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Georgia, Purdue, South Carolina, Florida and Clemson "before I make my decision" in June or July.
The 247Sports Crystal Ball points to Ohio State as the favorite to land Jefferson, with the Buckeyes getting 80 percent of the current predictions, Penn State getting 16 percent and Tennessee getting 4 percent.
per 247 Bolt

Last edited by CoverTwo; 05-06-2014 at 11:39 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:05 PM   #6
Marshall4usc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Marshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his combMarshall4usc is developing his comb

Announcing today

Old 08-25-2014, 03:03 PM   #7
StormOfTalons
Blue Chip

Male

StormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall4usc View Post
Announcing today
And we have no shot so not sure why it matters.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:15 PM   #8
StormOfTalons
Blue Chip

Male

StormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPit

Committed to Georgia.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:47 PM   #9
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post
Committed to Georgia.
Not that it matters

Trailer Park Supervisor
Closed Thread