CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
johnnyb
b381l
JaxcockFL
Legalman72
Gamecocks1137
GamecockMomSC
jellafever
CockTail
BBlackwell
Cant believe no one (2014)
We Have to Pass (1366)
Spurrier weekly pres (732)
Rivalry Thoughts and (710)
This would be awesom (584)
How is Shaq Davidson (503)
Two Gamecock women a (377)
Comparing Results Of (336)
Man jumps from plane (257)
McConaughey cast as (252)
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Why has there been 40 yea
Perspective on our game f
Spurrier weekly presser..
Watson to start
Bowl projections
We Have to Pass
2 USC/Clem tickets sectio
This would be awesome....
USC/clemson spread

Old 08-25-2014, 03:44 AM   #101
SuperCockMaster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPit
Default Re: DJ Swearinger concusses Wes Welker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsb44 View Post
That's like saying spoons make you fat
That makes no sense. If you throw the ball over the middle when the safety is running toward you WR, you are effectively responsible for putting him in that position. Do you think Welker would've taken a hit if Manning didn't throw it?
SuperCockMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:58 AM   #102
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
He's a grown-ass man, he can make his own decisions. I'm voicing my opinion dude, if you don't like it hit the ignore button.

Folks with multiple concussions like Welker are at a high risk of dementia, depression, and neurological conditions like ALS. That's not opinion, that's fact.

Whether he wants to do something about it is entirely up to him. I hope he has someone with more interest in his welfare than you advising him.
So what interest do you have it in his welfare? He is certainly not asking you for your opinion on his future. That's for dang sure. I wasn't telling him what to. It's not my place to have an opinion on his future and neither is it yours. He doesn't need you to explain all the dangers because it has already been explained to him by the actual experts. Just because you don't think it is worth it to risk all those things, He might. He just might love playing that much. You don't know him so stop acting like you know what's best for him.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:02 AM   #103
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Horse collar is just tackling, so is clothesline, bio I'll intent, just heat of the moment.

Have your never read the sticker on the inside of a Helmet? People use helmets weapons and that is why there are rules...fairness and safety. Why should anyone care if someine breaks their neck or someone else's?
What are you talking about? DJ was not using his helmet as a weapon. He was making a clean shoulder tackle and Welker ducked at the last second and caught a forearm in the side of the helmet. It was not a targeting or using his head as a weapon situation at all.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:05 AM   #104
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

The Midgets name is Wus Walker, what did you expect when he went up against Swag? Peyton better be glad DJ didn't do that on purpose and wasn't in jungle boi mode or the Broncos would be without a QB this year too!

Before I saw the video I was like oh shit DJ is getting a huge fine because I just knew he was gonna deck peyton for getting in his face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
What are you talking about? DJ was not using his helmet as a weapon. He was making a clean shoulder tackle and Welker ducked at the last second and caught a forearm in the side of the helmet. It was not a targeting or using his head as a weapon situation at all.
I swear some that frequent Cockytalk need to take a class on interpreting what they see in videos. But you sir are correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCockMaster View Post
That makes no sense. If you throw the ball over the middle when the safety is running toward you WR, you are effectively responsible for putting him in that position. Do you think Welker would've taken a hit if Manning didn't throw it?
Indeed. Peyton knows that DJ is a hard hitter just like the refs he saw this coming and was mad at DJ for a mistake he himself made?
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

Last edited by johnnyb; 08-25-2014 at 06:21 AM.
CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:49 AM   #105
tsb44
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
tsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCockMaster View Post

Do you think well we would have taken the hit if he didn't voluntarily play the game? Game.set.match...it's football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2014, 02:04 PM   #106
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

I'm going to let this thread die eventually but here's a good clip of Manning getting in DJ's face that caused the taunting penalty after the td and DJ giving it right back to him. Looks like Peyton said "F--- you" and DJ responded with "F--- you too". Ha ha.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:21 PM   #107
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Great blog post about this:

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/s...-texans-fight/

"Peyton Manning exposed as a spoiled brat: Cry baby, F-Bomb dropping QB can't handle D.J. Swearinger's fight"

Last edited by Nureye; 08-25-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Nureye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:35 PM   #108
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Welker's had at least 11 concussions in his career. A 5'9" 185 lbs WR going across the middle vs 6'+ 225 lbs head hunters like DJ is a recipe for a head injury....

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:41 PM   #109
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
So what interest do you have it in his welfare? He is certainly not asking you for your opinion on his future. That's for dang sure. I wasn't telling him what to. It's not my place to have an opinion on his future and neither is it yours. He doesn't need you to explain all the dangers because it has already been explained to him by the actual experts. Just because you don't think it is worth it to risk all those things, He might. He just might love playing that much. You don't know him so stop acting like you know what's best for him.
It's a message board.

That's what we do.

We post opinions. I've never once called you out for your dumbass opinions, not sure why you're up in my grill about mine.

For the record I love Wes Welker, and only want what best for him. If he can't see that than maybe we're not right for each other, but that's none of your business.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:49 PM   #110
Rooster McGee
Walk On

Male

Rooster McGee has feathers coming inRooster McGee has feathers coming inRooster McGee has feathers coming in

he needs to stop all the bullshit talking though.
Rooster McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:13 PM   #111
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster McGee View Post
he needs to stop all the bullshit talking though.

Maybe you should follow your own advice:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster McGee View Post
I could care less where it is!! If it's in Columbia, W. Columbia, or anywhere in the vacinity. it's disrespectful! Do that shit at your hotel, OR IN TX BEFORE YOU GET HERE! All yall are thinking just a few students having a sing along....yall just wait and see and them laughing at us behind our backs. I've seen this "yell practice" probably 10 times....they can say it's not disrespectful but it is 100% disrespectful and they know it. Like I said, they would never try this in Baton Rouge.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:17 PM   #112
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:19 PM   #113
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SClawman View Post
Looks like Peyton said "F--- you" and DJ responded with "F--- you too". Ha ha.
Actually one of those articles said Peyton said "F--- you" and DJ responded with something like (paraphrasing)"Thanks man, good luck to you too" which I thought was kind of funny. Maybe that was a joke or something, though, I skimmed and don't recall the context.
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:32 PM   #114
Rooster McGee
Walk On

Male

Rooster McGee has feathers coming inRooster McGee has feathers coming inRooster McGee has feathers coming in

Quote:

Um, I am... not sure what your point is? Swearinger talks about as much shit as an Aggie does. I like Swearinger but that getting in your face and talking smack on a 1 yard loss is getting old in this town. He's talking smack when we're 2-14!
Rooster McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:53 PM   #115
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
DJ's hit was...clean? I say that with a question mark because I do not know the NFL rules for targeting. If someone would post the NFL rulebook section on targeting, it would clear up some confusion.

BTW, I wasn't talking about DJ using his helmet as a weapon, I was talking about other things in football tackling. Welker caught a shoulder, not a forearm.

The question rather becomes was Welker a defenseless player or a player in a defenseless position. Here is the standard you will hate but it doesn't matter because you can't do anything about it: It's a judgement call by the officials

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:00 PM   #116
SuperCockMaster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsb44 View Post
Do you think well we would have taken the hit if he didn't voluntarily play the game? Game.set.match...it's football.

In football you take hits, but a QB is responsible for putting the ball in a position to keep his WR safe while also moving the chains. In this instance, it's preseason. He didn't need to throw it there. It's also on the coaches for calling a pass across the middle to a tiny WR.
SuperCockMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:08 PM   #117
tsb44
4-Star

Male

tsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPit
Default DJ Swearinger concusses Wes Welker

You don't have to explain football to me I played the game for 10 years....but I guess what you are saying is a slant pass or middle post is a bad play call? You often see your smaller slot receivers run that route. You call it against any zone and wit the exclusion of cover 2...,so I'm referring to quarters and cover 3, there is a chance that a safety will be waiting. There is also a chance the safety is going to wiff or be stuck flat footed by another receiver running a middle deep route and your small little slot man is taking it for 6.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:24 PM   #118
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post

facepalm...you are right. That hit was DJ esque though...
I think the year before he caused a fumble in the bowl game though

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:31 PM   #119
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Honestly I like that he fights the aggay fans it's less work for us.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:43 PM   #120
GabbieM
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 850
GabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudly

Feel bad for Welker. It happens though.. and DJ is an intense player. The Texans knew who they were drafting when they did. I think they made a good decision.
GabbieM is offline   Reply With Quote