CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
WeStillOwnUSC
Coulwoodwarlord
Yearofthegamecock
gamecock88
TAFC 5 1981
LeeSC
SpurProsecutor
Kentucky prediction (2013)
Just Booked my Hotel (1354)
Best position coach (727)
Waldrop doubtful for (681)
So What? (675)
The New Idea That'll (668)
We Have A New KO Guy (490)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (402)
So What? (253)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (248)
2015 Commitment - Jaire A
Kentucky prediction
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
If we loose to Kensucky..
Thoughts on the basketbal
Best position coach or co
What fish do you eat
I'm over the loss, but...
OSU Coach Takes Down Disr
UK promoting a blackout f

Old 08-26-2014, 12:26 PM   #21
l^l^lBGCock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
l^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPit
Default Re: Bring a bottle of water

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
TBH I took the OP as a tip that the gate nazis will allow folks to bring in a bottle of water. How it got derailed into a pissing contest over weather seems a little puzzling.
faggie fans came in.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:27 PM   #22
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

CockyCash: 200
Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

[quote=Jim Lahey;4236368]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie96 View Post
Please can we be "better than Columbia at ANYTHING???

You're on a South Carolina message board dude. What do you expect?
A whole lotta Truth here.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:31 PM   #23
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellafever View Post
are you coming from malaysia?
Nope, not this year. Planned home leave is only once a year and it was in the summer. I can't bring the family back this time of year anyway, kids in school, etc. Wish I could, have to watch it on a computer plugged in to the TV at 0600 in the morning. Coffee will replace beer

You wanna talk hot though, holy balls it is hot over here. I have lived in SC, NC, Louisiana, Texas, Florida, and it ain't shit compared to the jungle heat here.
Average mid to high 90's year round and as humid as it was in Panama.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:44 PM   #24
IMACOCK
Blue Chip

Male

IMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Aggies View Post
Appreciate the advice, but this ain't our first rodeo. We're from Texas. We know about heat.
Quote:
You realize it is a big state right... I lived in SC for a Year and NC for 6, it ain't that hot there.
Quote:
You wanna talk hot though, holy balls it is hot over here. I have lived in SC, NC, Louisiana, Texas, Florida, and it ain't shit compared to the jungle heat here.
Average mid to high 90's year round and as humid as it was in Panama.
I agree, it's definitely way hotter in Texas. Both you and the football team should leave the water at home. Show us how badass y'all really are.

If you think high 90s and humid is hot. Try 130 and 80%+ humidity. In Bahrain, many days I walked outside and thought it had rained...nope, just humidity.
IMACOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:46 PM   #25
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 19008950
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Not all A&M fans are pricks like the few who crapped all over a guy trying to be nice.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:53 PM   #26
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMACOCK View Post
I agree, it's definitely way hotter in Texas. Both you and the football team should leave the water at home. Show us how badass y'all really are.

If you think high 90s and humid is hot. Try 130 and 80%+ humidity. In Bahrain, many days I walked outside and thought it had rained...nope, just humidity.
Yeah I was talking about Malaysia. Never been to Bahrain, but I remember seeing 120 in the shade in the stumps. 135 outside. Had to wear gloves just to keep from blistering your hands on your rifle. Not much humidity though, but that whole "dry heat" thing doesn't mean crap after 115.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:54 PM   #27
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
Not all A&M fans are pricks like the few who crapped all over a guy trying to be nice.
By the way I wasn't crapping on the OP, even thanked him for the tip, I was replying to the guy talking about us not knowing "WB" heat.

I do think that is pretty cool about the bottle of water being allowed in.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:57 PM   #28
YouCanNeverTell
Game MVP

Male

YouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot material

fAggies, calm down. I just wanted you to know that you could bring one in with you rather than having to buy one at a 400% mark up inside the stadium. I've always brought the bigger bottles. I think they may turn you away with a gallon jug. But at the same time they aren't that expensive so it would be worth the chance of having to trash it. Let me know if it works.
YouCanNeverTell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:01 PM   #29
Wkrice91
Blue Chip

Male

Wkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudlyWkrice91 is crowing loudly

Quote:
You realize it is a big state right... I lived in SC for a Year and NC for 6, it ain't that hot there.

Yep. On the second thought, be sure and wear your underalls, and long sleeve fleece shirts. I wouldn't want you to be uncomfortable.
Wkrice91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:07 PM   #30
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecocks24 View Post
What about humidity? Columbia isn't called the armpit of the south for nothing. Last year for the UNC game, their fans were shocked about how hot and humid it was.
Houston is hands down the most miserably hot + humid place I have ever been. It is worse than Columbia, trust me on this. I lived in Cola for six years and this is my second summer experiencing the Texas heat.

Bringing in a water bottle is a great idea, especially after sitting out in the sun all day drinking.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:11 PM   #31
l^l^lBGCock
4-Star

Male

l^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
By the way I wasn't crapping on the OP, even thanked him for the tip, I was replying to the guy talking about us not knowing "WB" heat.

I do think that is pretty cool about the bottle of water being allowed in.
The Arrogance is what is getting you this attention. Just like your traditions it's just for attention and nothing to do with the actual school.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:34 PM   #32
Cocked & Locked
Recruit

Male

Cocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Aggies View Post
Appreciate the advice, but this ain't our first rodeo. We're from Texas. We know about heat.
Not your first rodeo huh and it won't be your last ass whooping in football
either.
Cocked & Locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:08 PM   #33
tsb44
4-Star

Male

tsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPit

Just shove some mini bottles in you boot legs and it will all be good...no water needed
Old 08-26-2014, 02:24 PM   #34
Tony
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 350
Tony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talons

Some people actually put a clear liquor in their water bottle. There is even a you-tube how to get a cap off without breaking the seal! Some people!
Old 08-26-2014, 02:25 PM   #35
JulesWinnfield90
Walk On

Male

JulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his claws

Arguing over which state is hotter? The entire south deserves a nuke dropped on it
JulesWinnfield90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:33 PM   #36
Superadiabatic
Blue Chip

Male

Superadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his comb

Guys, lay off the who's hotter battle. College Station has Columbia beat. Their average temperature is running 3 hotter there month to date. Their normal high in August is 6 higher than Columbia's. And it's been humid as all get out there. Yes, Williams-Brice was built on the hottest piece of real estate in the Carolinas. The hottest temperature ever recorded in the Carolinas happened about a mile away back in 2012. Yes, everyone should bring a 1+ liter water bottle to the game, but someone in College Station should know how to deal with heat. Or should move to freakin' Canada.

Columbia's gonna get to about 96 on Thursday and is should be at or just above 90 at kickoff. There actually won't be any humidity to speak of, the dewpoint will be running about 58 (usually it's around 70 in August). The last time it was only 96 in College Station was about two weeks ago.

I'd be more worried about our guys in the heat than theirs. We've been getting some nice breaks from the heat this year. They haven't. Hope everyone starts guzzling water tomorrow night.

Early and often.

Superadiabatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:38 PM   #37
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superadiabatic View Post
Guys, lay off the who's hotter battle. College Station has Columbia beat. Their average temperature is running 3 hotter there month to date. Their normal high in August is 6 higher than Columbia's. And it's been humid as all get out there. Yes, Williams-Brice was built on the hottest piece of real estate in the Carolinas. The hottest temperature ever recorded in the Carolinas happened about a mile away back in 2012. Yes, everyone should bring a 1+ liter water bottle to the game, but someone in College Station should know how to deal with heat. Or should move to freakin' Canada.

Columbia's gonna get to about 96 on Thursday and is should be at or just above 90 at kickoff. There actually won't be any humidity to speak of, the dewpoint will be running about 58 (usually it's around 70 in August). The last time it was only 96 in College Station was about two weeks ago.

I'd be more worried about our guys in the heat than theirs. We've been getting some nice breaks from the heat this year. They haven't. Hope everyone starts guzzling water tomorrow night.

You realize last week was ridiculously hot, our guys will be ready

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:52 PM   #38
Superadiabatic
Blue Chip

Male

Superadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
You realize last week was ridiculously hot, our guys will be ready
Yep, it's my job to know it's been hot. It also isn't hot now. Our guys ought to be ready, as any team from Columbia, SC should be. My point was that whatever concern exists would be for us, not them, because we have caught a number of breaks from the heat this year and they have not.

Early and often.

Superadiabatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:52 PM   #39
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Quote:
Please can we be "better than Columbia at ANYTHING???

According to the Weather Channel

We get that it is hot there, it is hot everywhere in the south. Two years ago we had 50+ days in a row over 100* oh and it's humid too.
I have been to a lot of places to watch games and I know the hottest I have ever been was Marching into Kyle field with shoes that shined like a black mirror and when I finished the march in it looked like they were shined with a Hershey bar, Polish melted clean off. The heat is not going to affect us anymore than it would at home.
Thanks for the water bottle tip though. That is good to know, I think all hot places should allow that. Hell at Darlington you can bring a 12 pack of beer into the race.
Lol at hotter being better, you are a TRUE Aggie. Last Aggie I hung out with I had to save from drowning because he said he was an Olympic swimmer, and couldn't swim for s***. He also said he was the quarterback on the football team (we were in high school at the time). I grabbed a football and threw it to him, his gator arms whiffed and the ball hit him square in the face. He picked it up and threw the most beautiful helicopter I've ever seen... rinse and repeat 30 times over. True story, aside from hitting him in the face 30 times, think that might have totaled around 5.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:13 PM   #40
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superadiabatic View Post

That whole area is hot, but it also has a better breeze. Columbia sits in a bowl, that's why it's so uncomfortable here. But in the end, anything over 90 is hot, especially if you are drunk and staring into the sun. The Aggie's will love it, they'll be back for more, they are simply that special.