CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
CockyLifer
Badazcock
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (28057)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2231)
Simple "yes&quo (1575)
We actually didnt lo (1387)
Phil Steele just pre (1253)
what I think ab ward (1142)
Extremely Proud (1042)
Eat Crow (1033)
Garcia: Change the R (800)
I want people to exp (758)
I want people to explain
We actually didnt lose
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Stop bashing Dylan
BAW
Extremely Proud
Defense question
Who start on the d line t
Eat Crow
what I think ab ward

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2014, 06:05 PM   #1
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default video card installation help

I am trying to install my new video card and I'm having problems. I got it in, but they put the power supply inlets on the opposite side of the Motherboard and they are in an configuration of two plugs, one with 8 pins and the other with 6 pins. My previous setup was 6 pins and 6 pins. Instructions are very vague. They just say plug in the power and make sure they auxiliary power is plugged in as well. So what I did is used the adapter that came with the card to plug the two 6-pins into the 8- pin inlet and left the other 6-pin inlet empty. When I turned the power on, a green light on the card by where the 8 pins was plugged in came on but a red light was by the empty 6-pin inlet also came on. The monitor said no signal and the driver disc never started.

I shut down and restarted the computer with the HDMI plugged into integrated card on the motherboard to install the drivers for the new card. Windows came up on the screen. And I couldn't see where the card was recognized by the computer under device manager. I tried to run the installation disc and it said, "please install ASUS VGA card." I double-checked to make sure the card was securely installed. It was. I saw a few more power cords tucked away. One is an 8-pin but it won't reach, none will reach without an extension, and I only have the adapter that came with the card.

So here is my question: Should I continue plugging the two 6-pins into the 8-pin inlet with the adapter, and hunt down an adapter for an 8-pin to a 6-pin? Or should I just get two extensions, one for a 6-pin and one for an 8 pin? Or what?
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote