CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
WeStillOwnUSC
USCNowAndForever
gamecockgal
SC Sandlapper
Gamecocks1137
Regalcock
Acockolypse Now
Interesting quotes f (2067)
Have you ever been s (1283)
Tennessee Offense Br (812)
Key for 2015 defense (769)
Women's Team Ranked (511)
This season and recr (441)
Skai Moore out for U (435)
Lebron makes Clevela (342)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (235)
For all the uniform (191)
Skai Moore out for UT
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw
Uniforms for Tenn
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Have you ever been so wro
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
We're going to the NCAA T
Season Tickets
Key for 2015 defense
Women's Team Ranked #2 In

Old 08-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #181
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014-15 Premier League season

Liverpool scored but Sturridge was barely offside before the pass. Good goal though.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:22 PM   #182
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Down 3 now, going to need to play much better at Spurs on Sunday.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:17 PM   #183
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Giroud could be out for as long as 3 months. That would be a big blow for Arsenal. So far, he has made the difference in the first 2 matches. Without him, they have been pathetic.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:43 PM   #184
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Giroud could be out for as long as 3 months. That would be a big blow for Arsenal. So far, he has made the difference in the first 2 matches. Without him, they have been pathetic.
That's a tough blow. Lucky for them it happened now and not after Sep 1st. They can at least attempt to bring in someone to help out until he gets healthy. May want to tempt Eto'o with a year of Champions League before Everton sign him.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:25 PM   #185
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Getting ready to play Millwood in an hour or so. Would be nice to get some momentum going into the next match.

Gotta find a way to score some goals (looking at you Pelle).

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:04 PM   #186
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Man United prove they are idiots by spending $99 million - a record for a British team - for Angel Di Maria.

One month ago the fee was $70 million. As good as City, Chelsea, and Liverpool are, United better hope Tottenham aren't for real and Arsenal drops considerably.

Right now, United are losing in the Capital One Cup. May this team fail miserably until the end of time.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:06 PM   #187
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
That's a tough blow. Lucky for them it happened now and not after Sep 1st. They can at least attempt to bring in someone to help out until he gets healthy. May want to tempt Eto'o with a year of Champions League before Everton sign him.
Too late. Eto'o already signed with Everton. Two year deal.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:09 PM   #188
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Following the match on Twitter .. 1st half was frustrating. Dominated the TOP and shots on goal but nothing to show for it.

Jack Cork finally breaks through early in the 2nd half though. His 1st goal as a Saint .. 3 years in the making lol

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 08-26-2014, 05:14 PM   #189
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Man United prove they are idiots by spending $99 million - a record for a British team - for Angel Di Maria.

One month ago the fee was $70 million. As good as City, Chelsea, and Liverpool are, United better hope Tottenham aren't for real and Arsenal drops considerably.

Right now, United are losing in the Capital One Cup. May this team fail miserably until the end of time.
I'll second that. I think I would even enjoy it more this year, because last year I actually felt bad for David Moyes. I thought it was a mistake from the second I heard he accepted the job, but it's not like he could have turned them down I guess. Hopefully he gets another gig soon. Sounds like Crystal Palace are a possibility.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:20 PM   #190
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Too late. Eto'o already signed with Everton. Two year deal.
Just saw that. They are going to be running out of options if they want to bring anyone quality in, but as long as the windows open they have a shot. I'm starting to realize why Wenger never spends any money though, he's just not that good at it. He has spent more this window than probably the last couple combined and I don't think they have improved the squad much at all from last season.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:36 PM   #191
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

WIN!

Pelle with a goal in stoppage time to ice it. 2-0 Saints FT.

Hopefully that gets him going.

Old 08-26-2014, 05:45 PM   #192
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Just saw that. They are going to be running out of options if they want to bring anyone quality in, but as long as the windows open they have a shot. I'm starting to realize why Wenger never spends any money though, he's just not that good at it. He has spent more this window than probably the last couple combined and I don't think they have improved the squad much at all from last season.

I disagree. So you are telling me with the addition of Sanchez and two younger and same caliber of players replaced Sagna and Verm we haven't improved? I can already tell you that I think Chambers is a better option than Verm. He is only 19 and playing very well might I add for his big debut for one of the biggest clubs in England. Debuchy I still don't know about, and you have to give players who have never played in the BPL time to adjust. You can't really rate Sancez yet. I still wish Wenger would have taken his love child Cesc back, and got rid of Wilshire though.

Now on to the train wreck of Manchester United. Did anybody else watch that match?? They will not do well this year unless they sign ATLEAST two cb and a dm before the window closes (don't see that happening). That defense is just downright turrible and will cost them a good bit of points this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2014, 06:05 PM   #193
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
I disagree. So you are telling me with the addition of Sanchez and two younger and same caliber of players replaced Sagna and Verm we haven't improved? I can already tell you that I think Chambers is a better option than Verm. He is only 19 and playing very well might I add for his big debut for one of the biggest clubs in England. Debuchy I still don't know about, and you have to give players who have never played in the BPL time to adjust. You can't really rate Sancez yet. I still wish Wenger would have taken his love child Cesc back, and got rid of Wilshire though.

Now on to the train wreck of Manchester United. Did anybody else watch that match?? They will not do well this year unless they sign ATLEAST two cb and a dm before the window closes (don't see that happening). That defense is just downright turrible and will cost them a good bit of points this season.

I think you have improved some, but not much. Not enough to win the league or the Champions League anyway. Arsenal is a consistent top 4 team, but if you want to overtake Chelsea and City it's going to take more than swapping Vermaelen for Chambers and adding Sanchez and a couple prospects. Look at Chelsea, they were whiskers away last year and they go out and get Costa, Fabregas, Drogba, and bring Courtois back from loan. That's an upgrade on 3 if not 4 of their starting 11. BTW, if I wasn't a Liverpool supporter I would pull for the Gunners, so I may be a little hard on them because I'd like to see them ahead of Chelsea and City. Just not my Reds.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:20 PM   #194
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Quote:
I think you have improved some, but not much. Not enough to win the league or the Champions League anyway. Arsenal is a consistent top 4 team, but if you want to overtake Chelsea and City it's going to take more than swapping Vermaelen for Chambers and adding Sanchez and a couple prospects. Look at Chelsea, they were whiskers away last year and they go out and get Costa, Fabregas, Drogba, and bring Courtois back from loan. That's an upgrade on 3 if not 4 of their starting 11. BTW, if I wasn't a Liverpool supporter I would pull for the Gunners, so I may be a little hard on them because I'd like to see them ahead of Chelsea and City. Just not my Reds.
I agree but you also have to look at the difference between the clubs and who they are backed by. Chelsea and City spend money with no care in the world. Not many clubs can do that. Arsenal never have and more than likely never will spend like that. I agree we need more pieces to win the league and Champs league, but I think that if we sign a fwd and dm we have a legit shot at winning. Until that day though it will be just competing to win the trophy, and not a legit shot at winning it imo.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:32 PM   #195
myrtsmom
Recruit

Female

CockyCash: 500
myrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spurs

Quote:

Are you talking about the league cup game against MK Dons? If so, yes I did watch it and laughed my butt off the entire

Are you talking about the League Cup game against MK Dons? If so, I did watch it and laughed the whole time. Granted they weren't playing a lot of starters, it was still entertaining to see them getting stomped by a team whose entire payroll for the season is less than Wayne Rooney gets paid in three weeks.

Regarding DiMaria, he's a great player and I would love to have him on my team (Liverpool). But, as you have mentioned, United's problems are in their CM and defense, so to pay that kind of money for one player instead of splitting it among a couple of players that could help them in those areas that they are weak in is crazy.

I was never a big fan of Moyes, but feel bad for how he was treated by ManU. Ferguson left him with an aging team, and one that couldn't be turned around in one season. Having said that, I despise ManU and hope that Van Gaalbladder takes them deeper into the trenches.
myrtsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:36 PM   #196
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
I agree but you also have to look at the difference between the clubs and who they are backed by. Chelsea and City spend money with no care in the world. Not many clubs can do that. Arsenal never have and more than likely never will spend like that. I agree we need more pieces to win the league and Champs league, but I think that if we sign a fwd and dm we have a legit shot at winning. Until that day though it will be just competing to win the trophy, and not a legit shot at winning it imo.
Yep, at least we won't have to hear Mourinho crying all year about being outspent by City. Chelsea could have literally pulled all of their loanees together last year and formed a team that would have been more expensive than all but a handful in the league.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:58 PM   #197
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Quote:
Yep, at least we won't have to hear Mourinho crying all year about being outspent by City. Chelsea could have literally pulled all of their loanees together last year and formed a team that would have been more expensive than all but a handful in the league.
Sorry but you're both wrong. With Financial Fair Play clubs like Chelsea and City just can't outspend. They have to sell in order to buy. Those days are over. Yes they get revenues and have a great sponsorship deal. However thank PSG for being idiots and giving Chelsea buckets of cash for Luiz. City hardly spent any money in the off-season. You can't point the finger at the rich owners now because the books have to balance. Chelsea made fantastic moves with the money they have.

Contrast that with Arsenal who have more money than anyone but don't spend wisely. Same these days for United. They have a bunch of idiots running that club - and I couldn't be happier.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:14 AM   #198
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrtsmom View Post
Are you talking about the League Cup game against MK Dons? If so, I did watch it and laughed the whole time. Granted they weren't playing a lot of starters, it was still entertaining to see them getting stomped by a team whose entire payroll for the season is less than Wayne Rooney gets paid in three weeks.

Regarding DiMaria, he's a great player and I would love to have him on my team (Liverpool). But, as you have mentioned, United's problems are in their CM and defense, so to pay that kind of money for one player instead of splitting it among a couple of players that could help them in those areas that they are weak in is crazy.

I was never a big fan of Moyes, but feel bad for how he was treated by ManU. Ferguson left him with an aging team, and one that couldn't be turned around in one season. Having said that, I despise ManU and hope that Van Gaalbladder takes them deeper into the trenches.
Watching Man U implode today was awesome. Knowing that they are a train wreck with idiots in charge means long term failure. That's even better.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:20 AM   #199
JulesWinnfield90
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
JulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his claws

Chelsea's title to lose....COYB!!
JulesWinnfield90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:01 AM   #200
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Sorry but you're both wrong. With Financial Fair Play clubs like Chelsea and City just can't outspend. They have to sell in order to buy. Those days are over. Yes they get revenues and have a great sponsorship deal. However thank PSG for being idiots and giving Chelsea buckets of cash for Luiz. City hardly spent any money in the off-season. You can't point the finger at the rich owners now because the books have to balance. Chelsea made fantastic moves with the money they have.

Contrast that with Arsenal who have more money than anyone but don't spend wisely. Same these days for United. They have a bunch of idiots running that club - and I couldn't be happier.
Hey I'm not complaining, just thought it was humorous how Jose cried all last year about how much money City spent on their team while completely ignoring how much money Chelsea had spent over the last decade. I swear, sometimes Mourinho would buy players just to keep them off Premier League Rival's Teams and then banish them to the reserves or loan them back out of England.