CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
robgusc76
NinjaSven
Gamecockswag
TAFC 5 1981
cockybreeyan
Freshman ND WR " (717)
Call of Duty: Advanc (495)
Good Riddance to bad (410)
Keeping tailgate foo (295)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (260)
An A to Z of Noah We (177)
The Comeback & T (146)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (70)
NCAAF: SOUTHERN CAL (68)
NCAAF: MICHIGAN @ MI (67)
Bashing Players, coaches,
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
SEC Debate: Best candidat
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Rest of the season predic

Old 08-26-2014, 03:24 PM   #41
doccock
Super Doc

Male

CockyCash: 500
doccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPit
Default Re: Bring a bottle of water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Aggies View Post
Appreciate the advice, but this ain't our first rodeo. We're from Texas. We know about heat.
The thread isn't really about heat. Since you know nothing about the rules at Williams Brice, it's about informing your fans what can be taken into the stadium.
If you bring food, coolers, drinks, etc., they will be confiscated at the gate. (The gate is backed up by local and state police and a few National Guardsmen.)
He's trying to save you some trouble as you come in.
Have fun and be safe.
doc
Old 08-26-2014, 04:17 PM   #42
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie96 View Post
Please can we be "better than Columbia at ANYTHING???

According to the Weather Channel

We get that it is hot there, it is hot everywhere in the south. Two years ago we had 50+ days in a row over 100* oh and it's humid too.
I have been to a lot of places to watch games and I know the hottest I have ever been was Marching into Kyle field with shoes that shined like a black mirror and when I finished the march in it looked like they were shined with a Hershey bar, Polish melted clean off. The heat is not going to affect us anymore than it would at home.
Thanks for the water bottle tip though. That is good to know, I think all hot places should allow that. Hell at Darlington you can bring a 12 pack of beer into the race.
As much as I love the Gamecocks. Columbia is the armpit of Hell. You don't understand, it seriously feels like you're standing on satan's doorstep when it's an upper 90s day.

I live in Greenville (hour and a half northwest) of Columbia, and it feels like a cool breezy spring afternoon in comparison to the same temperature in Columbia.

I've heard that Columbia USED to be the coast line, therefore it has a very sandy base that attracts the son/heat. I don't know if that's true (I wasn't there to confirm), but it is definitely a different kind of hot.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:25 PM   #43
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
As much as I love the Gamecocks. Columbia is the armpit of Hell. You don't understand, it seriously feels like you're standing on satan's doorstep when it's an upper 90s day.

I live in Greenville (hour and a half northwest) of Columbia, and it feels like a cool breezy spring afternoon in comparison to the same temperature in Columbia.

I've heard that Columbia USED to be the coast line, therefore it has a very sandy base that attracts the son/heat. I don't know if that's true (I wasn't there to confirm), but it is definitely a different kind of hot.
Where is Yancey, he was probably around.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:42 PM   #44
Cocks N Stuff
Recruit

Male

Cocks N Stuff has hatched from the shell

Long time lurker. First time poster. I've never felt compelled to post before, but this really drew me in. Why are people arguing about what place is hotter? The thread is to let people know about Williams-Brice's policy of allowing one sealed water bottle per person through the gate. It has nothing to do with one place being hotter than the other. Who cares.

Back on topic... I don't know if there's a size limit, but I usually bring in a large bottle, about half a gallon. Never had any issues.
Cocks N Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:01 PM   #45
l^l^lBGCock
4-Star

Male

l^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPitl^l^lBGCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks N Stuff View Post
Long time lurker. First time poster. I've never felt compelled to post before, but this really drew me in. Why are people arguing about what place is hotter? The thread is to let people know about Williams-Brice's policy of allowing one sealed water bottle per person through the gate. It has nothing to do with one place being hotter than the other. Who cares.

Back on topic... I don't know if there's a size limit, but I usually bring in a large bottle, about half a gallon. Never had any issues.
Aggies, they take everything personally and get their feelings hurt if you say anything negative about their team or state.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:21 PM   #46
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post

If you look at Columbia on a topographical map, you will notice it sits in a bowl. Therefore the wind that would come from the coast and mountains actually travels above the city, providing very little wind in certain parts. If you are up on a hill you will receive some relief but Williams Brice is not, it's in a bowl within the bowl. The area just soaks up the heat and if you drive in on a hot summers day with your windows down, you will feel the effects of the bowl almost as soon as you hit the city limits. It's ridiculous. I know about the "window down" thing because I used to work for a construction company that purposefully supplied us with non-AC vehicles, and we serviced the entire state. Thankfully we did very little work in Columbia, our home.

I lived directly North of College Station in Oklahoma and we were thankful to always have a breeze flowing from North to South. Why, you ask? Simple, College Station sux.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:01 PM   #47
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Quote:
Appreciate the advice, but this ain't our first rodeo. We're from Texas. We know about heat.
Really you take this as a slap to your face? The op was letting us fans know that they are allowing an unopened bottle of water into the stadium. I guess you know the rules of every stadium in the sec. I have lived in Columbia for 5 years , I worked for A&M for 2.5 years so I got to travel to several of the campuses. They are all hot and bring their own thing to the table.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:02 PM   #48
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:

Serious question....Do you guys have the same type of humidity down there?
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:08 PM   #49
FilchCock
4-Star

Male

FilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPit

People who have lived in the Carolinas and South Alabama, people who know humidity, say that Houston is the hottest, muggiest, place they have ever been.
FilchCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:25 PM   #50
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

Dont tell me what to do!
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:38 PM   #51
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Sooooo, I'm fairly certain this thread was started to inform Aggies of the rules of Williams Brice, not to insinuate they don't know how to handle the heat. Just sayin.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:43 PM   #52
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 17972586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilchCock View Post
People who have lived in the Carolinas and South Alabama, people who know humidity, say that Houston is the hottest, muggiest, place they have ever been.
It truly is. College Station is hotter than Columbia. Few would argue that. The OP was just trying to be helpful.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:45 PM   #53
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

carolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudly

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that the OP was trying to inform you of the stadium policy on water bottles which you would have no way of knowing not start a pissing contest about the weather. This type of response to an informative post is why Aggie fans have a bad reputation on this board.
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:49 PM   #54
JTJGarnet
Recruit

Male

JTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Then shove the bottle up your arse. You're from TX, so I'm sure you about that too.
JTJGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:49 PM   #55
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110363
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

I didn't bring any water in for this game last year against UNC- MISTAKE.

I've been a lot of places, and worked outside in some insane heat, but holy cow that August game last year... probably the most uncomfortable I've been in my entire life...
Old 08-26-2014, 09:08 PM   #56
Frosty
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 600
Frosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPit

Bought 2 cases today to put on ice and handout to people at our tailgate an vicinity before heading in to the game.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:42 PM   #57
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 10200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

So just to be clear, you can bring a bottle of water in. Right?
Old 08-26-2014, 09:43 PM   #58
Blackland
Blue Chip

Male

Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

Do they actually check the seal on each bottle? Seems like you could fill it with vodka or moonshine and use a little super glue to make it seem sealed...
Old 08-26-2014, 09:47 PM   #59
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackland View Post
Do they actually check the seal on each bottle? Seems like you could fill it with vodka or moonshine and use a little super glue to make it seem sealed...
Yea they do and now under Tanner if you are caught you are banned from W-B for life. They were saying on 560 that Ray has zero tolerance for alcohol at any USC sporting venue.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:52 PM   #60
Blackland
Blue Chip

Male

Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
Yea they do and now under Tanner if you are caught you are banned from W-B for life. They were saying on 560 that Ray has zero tolerance for alcohol at any USC sporting venue.
Wow, if they did this when I was a student there would have been an empty student section and a lot of alumni would not be attending any games now.