CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
GamecockSuperFan
Take-a-Knee
kabercr2
kingofnerf
Gamecocks321
Spurticus
Captain9Dragons
taylorssc
Cocklover
**USC vs. South Alab (16978)
TV?? (1817)
Drew Owens missing? (1562)
Clemson (1163)
Awful Shooting Conti (913)
Question about after (769)
Gamecock Men Have Be (759)
Dylan Thompson surpa (559)
Prayers needed!!! (371)
How about this scena (327)
Dylan Thompson surpasses
Question about after the
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Clemson
Louisville vs. Notre Dame
2 Carolina-Clemson Tix Se
Should UNC get death pena
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Fly_over tomorrow?
Lineup Changes (Offense)

Old 08-26-2014, 09:59 PM   #61
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

CockyCash: 500
BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb
Default Re: Bring a bottle of water

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
Yea they do and now under Tanner if you are caught you are banned from W-B for life. They were saying on 560 that Ray has zero tolerance for alcohol at any USC sporting venue.
I haven't been to a game since Ray Tanner has been the AD but wow. Seriously wow.

I really find that hard to believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackland View Post
Wow, if they did this when I was a student there would have been an empty student section and a lot of alumni would not be attending any games now.
I think the stadium would be half full. I'd stay home if I knew they consequences were so harsh.

To the OP, what a nice gesture to let the Aggies know they can bring in a bottle of water. Too bad for the a$$hats that showed up on the thread. I'm really starting to see why they are so disliked.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:16 PM   #62
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackland View Post
Wow, if they did this when I was a student there would have been an empty student section and a lot of alumni would not be attending any games now.
I haven't heard anything about these "banned for life" rules. But they did start a new policy a few years back that if you were kicked out of the student section (fighting, alcohol, whatever) you lost your tickets for the rest of the season.

Granted, I've never seen anyone kicked out for having alcohol. That's nearly impossible to patrol once people are in the stadium, unless people are waving full beer cans around above their heads
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:11 PM   #63
05USCGrad
i'm probably lying

Male

CockyCash: 100950
05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material

The Aggie that felt disrespected about being told about water bottles is the equivalent of our fans that feel disrespected about the Aggies doing yell practice at the state house

05USCGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:17 PM   #64
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Houston is hands down the most miserably hot + humid place I have ever been. It is worse than Columbia, trust me on this. I lived in Cola for six years and this is my second summer experiencing the Texas heat.

Bringing in a water bottle is a great idea, especially after sitting out in the sun all day drinking.
I agree; Houston is much hotter than Columbia because the humidity is much worse and the temperatures are about the same.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:22 PM   #65
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYTALKIN View Post
That whole area is hot, but it also has a better breeze. Columbia sits in a bowl, that's why it's so uncomfortable here. But in the end, anything over 90 is hot, especially if you are drunk and staring into the sun. The Aggie's will love it, they'll be back for more, they are simply that special.
Columbia does NOT sit in a bowl, it sits on top of a hill; have you ever been here?

Do these look like pics of a city in a bowl?

Old 08-26-2014, 11:27 PM   #66
Wavodano
Walk On

Male

Wavodano has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockman12 View Post
I've been to Texas, it's not that hot. You'll see on THursday it's different down here in SC.
I lived in the Atl for 3yrs and made pretty much weekly trips to SC to visit inlaws. Not to mention spending a ton of the time on the entire Southern East Coast (Not inland but at the beach Fl,Ga,NC,VA) during the hottest/muggiest months and believe me when I say the heat/humidity in SC ain't got shat compared to the Houston area.
Wavodano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:29 PM   #67
Blackland
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

I spend a lot of time in Texas for work. Texas had some pretty girls. Texas has a lot of red necks. I served with some "Corps of Cadet" a-holes in the USMC and honestly I have more respect for Knobs than them, and this is saying something because I really have no respect for the Citadel as a military institution.
Blackland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:38 AM   #68
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Where is Yancey, he was probably around.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:39 AM   #69
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
As much as I love the Gamecocks. Columbia is the armpit of Hell. You don't understand, it seriously feels like you're standing on satan's doorstep when it's an upper 90s day.

I live in Greenville (hour and a half northwest) of Columbia, and it feels like a cool breezy spring afternoon in comparison to the same temperature in Columbia.

I've heard that Columbia USED to be the coast line, therefore it has a very sandy base that attracts the son/heat. I don't know if that's true (I wasn't there to confirm), but it is definitely a different kind of hot.
The ones on here who will actually be there WILL get it.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:43 AM   #70
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05USCGrad View Post
The Aggie that felt disrespected about being told about water bottles is the equivalent of our fans that feel disrespected about the Aggies doing yell practice at the state house
False.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:18 AM   #71
YouCanNeverTell
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
YouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Aggies View Post
Appreciate the advice, but this ain't our first rodeo. We're from Texas. We know about heat.
So you've been to Williams-Brice where fans are allowed to bring in a sealed bottle of water? I thought this was the Aggies first trip. My apologies.
YouCanNeverTell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:29 AM   #72
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCanNeverTell View Post
So you've been to Williams-Brice where fans are allowed to bring in a sealed bottle of water? I thought this was the Aggies first trip. My apologies.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:45 AM   #73
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
Columbia does NOT sit in a bowl, it sits on top of a hill; have you ever been here?

Do these look like pics of a city in a bowl?

Hit the link I posted it will take you straight to a topographical map of South Carolina. The bowl is larger than the area depicted in these pictures. But yes, the state house and downtown are located on a hill within the bowl. Williams Brice is located at the bottom of that hill within the bowl. True story, I didn't make it up, and yes I live here.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:17 AM   #74
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYTALKIN View Post
Hit the link I posted it will take you straight to a topographical map of South Carolina. The bowl is larger than the area depicted in these pictures. But yes, the state house and downtown are located on a hill within the bowl. Williams Brice is located at the bottom of that hill within the bowl. True story, I didn't make it up, and yes I live here.
Yes, the bowl is really huge.

I spent one summer in Columbia in summer school and have never been so miserable in my entire life. I swore never again and never did.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:19 AM   #75
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 26222586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Back in my young days, I had a bowl that was attached to a bone with a hole through it. Pretty sweet.
Legalman72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:22 AM   #76
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHerons View Post
Yes, the bowl is really huge.

I spent one summer in Columbia in summer school and have never been so miserable in my entire life. I swore never again and never did.
I've lived in all kinds of places from here to the desert. At a certain point hot is just hot, it doesn't really matter. Columbia is frequently in that range, and it sounds like we will be tomorrow. The main relief we get are the afternoon showers, but even those just turn the bowl into a sauna.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:22 AM   #77
GA_Ag
Walk On

Male

GA_Ag has hatched from the shell

Thanks for the info OP. You might have just saved me from dehydrating and passing the hell out.
GA_Ag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:47 AM   #78
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellafever View Post
1 bottle per person, just to be clear. Also, I don't believe there is a size limit, but it may depend on the event worker at the gate you enter. I've seen one guy bring in a gallon jug before, and the event worker just shrugged her shoulders and let him thru.
At baseball games, I always see a guy bring in a gallon jug of water. Very smart.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:53 AM   #79
thekob
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCanNeverTell View Post
He's a closet fan....watch for the Aggy with a USC tshirt underneath his western shirt with the arrows on it and bolo tie or whatever the f they wear to games.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:54 PM   #80
highstick
Recruit

Male

highstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Aggies View Post
Appreciate the advice, but this ain't our first rodeo. We're from Texas. We know about heat.
Not the case...that's just Texas "arrogrance". I can promise you I am very familiar with that term...The big question is though..."do you have teeth"? That came from one of your female vet students at the Houston Rodeo in March...I almost collapsed laughing! And she was speaking of Aggies! This ain't my first rodeo either!
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote