CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
b381l
taylorssc
Outland
gocockswyn
Latt7more
B-G
ktguen
WeStillOwnUSC
How do you want Aubu (2485)
Does South Carolina (1374)
Lorenzo Nunez (853)
Incoming Class (750)
Rest of the season p (727)
Tennessee Game Time (590)
Tennessee kickoff an (503)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (442)
Peyton Manning break (357)
Is Clowney back toni (295)
How do you want Auburn to
Lorenzo Nunez
Does South Carolina still
2016 - Issac Nauta
Nick Saban on frustration
Just thought of something
Tennessee kickoff announc
2015 Commitment - Zack Ba
Thoughts on the basketbal
Is Clowney back tonight..

Old 08-26-2014, 08:24 PM   #41
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material
Default Re: Don't underestimate.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bed Sores View Post
Do yall realize that our fan base has been to LSU, Ole Miss, ARK, Bama and Miss St already for away games?
Last time I checked none of those schools had the longest home winning streak in the country when you played them. aTm you are nothing more than another notch on the bedpost.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:11 PM   #42
CockyCody
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons

I personally like my helmet!!!

CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:27 PM   #43
GA_Ag
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
GA_Ag has hatched from the shell

Sandstorm....

I don't know how the hell I've missed it, but recently watched the youtube video for the first time. Amazing!! ....and I can't freaking wait to feel that energy live in the stadium.
GA_Ag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:42 PM   #44
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Quote:
This is just one of the many polls or articles Ive seen over the years. I have yet to ever read that SC is in the top 10

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ams-for-week-1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKc9spJ-Kvs

Clemons getting some love ^

http://athlonsports.com/college-foot...-stadiums-2014

Also, fans of other SEC programs have never ranked yall in the top 5 of SEC stadiums. Not trolling but sharing what's said all over the internet. Yall seem to be pretty sure of yourselves
Ask a uga fan/player how hard it is to win at our house. Ask bama. Ask clemson. Ask anyone who has been here in the last 5 or so years. They'll tell you there wasn't a team in the country that could have beaten us at home during some of those atmospheres.(see uga 2012) TV won't do it justice. On tv they usually just show the student section. What makes sandstorm so great is the entire stadium doing it while making our upper decks bounce. A&M fans know how much better it is when the whole crowd is into cheers, songs, etc.. instead of most schools just having a good student section. Our pregame experience is excellent and is about 20 minutes of constant build up until it all explodes with sandstorm and the clock hits zeroes. The reason people haven't ranked our stadium higher is because historically our teams haven't been good. Bad teams=bad record at home which means nobody can rank our stadium as intimidating. Now that we regularly field good teams people are noticing. Enjoy:

Last edited by rosstheboss; 08-27-2014 at 12:04 AM.
rosstheboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:49 PM   #45
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Also, this is audio quotes from herbstreit and musberger during their last trip here:
After first USC score
"That was quick" - Herbstreit

After USC interception:
"Watch out, the defense is dialed in" -Musburger
"Long game yet" -Herbstreit
"My they look good" - Musburger
"What?" -Herbstreit
"That defense gets rolling and watch out" - Musburger
"Georgia needs a stop"- Herbstreit

After USC second touchdown:
"That looked too easy" -Herbstreit
"It sure did" - Musburger
"Heather, are you red or white?" - Musburger (Not sure but I think this refers to which sideline she is currently on)
"She's red, going white" -Unknown male (In truck maybe)
"Heather?" -Unknown male (In truck maybe)
"Can we get a field report? I don't think Heather has a copy" -Unknown male (Someone in booth)
"It's awfully loud down there"- Musburger
"10-4" -Unknown male (reply to field report question from someone in truck)

Coming back from break following second score:
"Do we have Heather?" - Musburger
"Yes, will use first break S-1 and return. She cannot hear truck ques"- Unknown male. (Truck guy probably)

Following punt return for TD:
"Can you believe this?" -Herbstreit
"Can't hear a thing" - Musburger
"They don't have a clue right now" -Herbstreit
"Can I get an adjustment, I can't hear"- Musburger
"Can you feel this? Is our room moving?" - Herbstreit
" 6 west just said the same thing" - Unknown male (Booth guy refering to camera guy stating his position is shaking)
" Like bouncing kinda" -Background voice (Different booth guy replying to Herbstreit)
"I think it is" - Herbstreit
" South Carolina smacked them with that one" -Musburger
" I don't know if they come back from this one" -Herbstreit
" Is this the best scene in college football you've seen Herbie?" -Musburger
" I don't know if it's the best ever, but it's the scariest yeah" -Herbstreit
" Remarkable scene" -Musburger
" Unbelievable" - Herbstreit
Old 08-27-2014, 12:21 AM   #46
JulesWinnfield90
Walk On

Male

JulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
Also, this is audio quotes from herbstreit and musberger during their last trip here:
After first USC score
"That was quick" - Herbstreit

After USC interception:
"Watch out, the defense is dialed in" -Musburger
"Long game yet" -Herbstreit
"My they look good" - Musburger
"What?" -Herbstreit
"That defense gets rolling and watch out" - Musburger
"Georgia needs a stop"- Herbstreit

After USC second touchdown:
"That looked too easy" -Herbstreit
"It sure did" - Musburger
"Heather, are you red or white?" - Musburger (Not sure but I think this refers to which sideline she is currently on)
"She's red, going white" -Unknown male (In truck maybe)
"Can we get a field report? I don't think Heather has a copy" -Unknown male (Someone in booth)
"It's awfully loud down there"- Musburger
"10-4" -Unknown male (reply to field report question from someone in truck)

Coming back from break following second score:
"Do we have Heather?" - Musburger
"Yes, will use first break S-1 and return. She cannot hear truck ques"- Unknown male. (Truck guy probably)

Following punt return for TD:
"Can you believe this?" -Herbstreit
"Can't hear a thing" - Musburger
"They don't have a clue right now" -Herbstreit
"Can I get an adjustment, I can't hear"- Musburger
"Can you feel this? Is our room moving?" - Herbstreit
" 6 west just said the same thing" - Unknown male (Booth guy refering to camera guy stating his position is shaking)
" Like bouncing kinda" -Background voice (Different booth guy replying to Herbstreit)
"I think it is" - Herbstreit
" South Carolina smacked them with that one" -Musburger
" I don't know if they come back from this one" -Herbstreit
" Is this the best scene in college football you've seen Herbie?" -Musburger
" I don't know if it's the best ever, but it's the scariest yeah" -Herbstreit
" Remarkable scene" -Musburger
" Unbelievable" - Herbstreit

and then everyone leaves at halftime
JulesWinnfield90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:40 AM   #47
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
This is just one of the many polls or articles Ive seen over the years. I have yet to ever read that SC is in the top 10

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ams-for-week-1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKc9spJ-Kvs

Clemons getting some love ^

http://athlonsports.com/college-foot...-stadiums-2014

Also, fans of other SEC programs have never ranked yall in the top 5 of SEC stadiums. Not trolling but sharing what's said all over the internet. Yall seem to be pretty sure of yourselves

You're right. The nations longest home win streak is actually because teams are frightened by the silence.

Or at least it is something you can keep telling yourself.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:21 AM   #48
JulesWinnfield90
Walk On

Male

JulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his clawsJulesWinnfield90 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
You're right. The nations longest home win streak is actually because teams are frightened by the silence.

Or at least it is something you can keep telling yourself.

There's really only one good team you beat during your precious streak and that was UGA two years ago...the gameday game
Old 08-27-2014, 08:49 AM   #49
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 10200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesWinnfield90 View Post
There's really only one good team you beat during your precious streak and that was UGA two years ago...the gameday game
Right. The win streak would be a much easier if we were in the PAC 12, or any other conference for that matter.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:55 AM   #50
Cocky chick
Blue Chip

Female

Cocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
Please, NO BLACK UNIFORMS! Every time we wear them we lose. No need to screw up karma. ALL GARNET is the only way to go.

Seriously, how many highlights of big plays have you seen with us in all black? We win in garnet, people!
Cocky chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:59 AM   #51
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

Quote:
What?
Old 08-27-2014, 10:34 AM   #52
JulesWinnfield90
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightohhthree View Post
Right. The win streak would be a much easier if we were in the PAC 12, or any other conference for that matter.

every year theres 1 elite SEC team (which has never been you guys by the way), about 3 or 4 solid teams, and then the rest average or even awful teams and everyone rides the coattails of that one good team...get outta here with that noise
Old 08-27-2014, 10:36 AM   #53
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
every year theres 1 elite SEC team (which has never been you guys by the way), about 3 or 4 solid teams, and then the rest average or even awful teams and everyone rides the coattails of that one good team...get outta here with that noise
Why the F are you posting around here?
Old 08-27-2014, 10:41 AM   #54
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
What are you even saying?

Get out of here with that weak shit.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:42 AM   #55
eightohhthree

Male

eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material

Quote:
As long as you say so. I never really pay attention to bowl records or OOC records for that matter. Move along now clown troll. What is it, 6:52am in Oregon? Glad to see CockyTalk is so high on your priority list.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:58 AM   #56
MrED
Recruit

Male

MrED is sharpening his clawsMrED is sharpening his clawsMrED is sharpening his clawsMrED is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Ha ha. West Coasters are funny.... and jealous.
MrED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:16 AM   #57
JulesWinnfield90
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrED View Post
Ha ha. West Coasters are funny.... and jealous.
not jealous...the PAC 12 last year was very good top to bottom and will be even better this year. Just tired of ESPN's SEC propaganda because they paid a kings ransom for the TV rights...jesus christ the last couple years half the SEC or more has flat out stunk
Old 08-27-2014, 11:23 AM   #58
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

Quote:
Quote:
What?
still waiting on an answer to this
Old 08-27-2014, 11:47 AM   #59
JulesWinnfield90
Walk On

Male

Quote:
still waiting on an answer to this

everyone leaves the game at the half to go get pissed in the parking lot?
Old 08-27-2014, 12:14 PM   #60
eightohhthree

Male

Quote:
not jealous...the PAC 12 last year was very good top to bottom and will be even better this year. Just tired of ESPN's SEC propaganda because they paid a kings ransom for the TV rights...jesus christ the last couple years half the SEC or more has flat out stunk
Many analysts argue that the PAC 12 is narrowing the gap with the SEC. 2013 seems to be the basis for these arguments... sort of a banner year I guess.

I guess we should all be impressed.

SCHOOL CONF PCT. OVERALL PCT.
STANFORD
7-2
11-3
OREGON
7-2
11-2
WASHINGTON
5-4
9-4
OREGON ST.