CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
A. Pilgrim
gamecockgal
Gamecocks1137
gadeneer1986
Order 66
DTGCOCKS#32
eightohhthree
markp_vip
B-G
ESPN reporter adding (4755)
How we won the UGA g (1701)
In light of our matc (1672)
Just read this. (1452)
uniforms saturday (1179)
Neat statistic bruhh (989)
If we keep winning a (803)
Vandy Fans (798)
Clemson requires sex (559)
Women of the SEC Ran (421)
Kansas to invest $75 mill
Davis dinged up again?
Winston
Neat statistic bruhhhhh
ESPN reporter adding to t
CockyTalk Football Pickem
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Terry Googer - new Wildca
Greg Hardy deactivated by
uniforms saturday

Old 08-14-2014, 10:02 PM   #201
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 Signee - Darin Smalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
I think he was just using hyperbole
So Dabo Swinney is a poster on Cockytalk??

As for Smalls, some of you out there with subscriptions to these "insiders" should ask those guys about him, and report back here...
Old 08-14-2014, 10:06 PM   #202
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
So Dabo Swinney is a poster on Cockytalk??

As for Smalls, some of you out there with subscriptions to these "insiders" should ask those guys about him, and report back here...
see my post 199.....no decision yet.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #203
walk.daddy
sings for money

Male

CockyCash: 533
walk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot material
Default Smalls update?

Supposedly TBS has an update on Small's academic situation, does anyone with a subscription care to share?
walk.daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:58 PM   #204
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Pty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Smalls update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by walk.daddy View Post
Supposedly TBS has an update on Small's academic situation, does anyone with a subscription care to share?
Still awaiting word on a grade for a summer class. He could still possibly qualify or go to prep school, either way January is the earliest he'll enroll.
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:01 PM   #205
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Smalls update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
Still awaiting word on a grade for a summer class. He could still possibly qualify or go to prep school, either way January is the earliest he'll enroll.
I like the enroll in Jan option best because of his injury last season.....he was going to RS in 2014 anyway, but if he comes in Jan 2015, he still has 5 years.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:22 AM   #206
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

So this is basically like a grey-shirt?
Old 08-23-2014, 04:03 PM   #207
doubledribble
Walk On

Male

doubledribble has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
So this is basically like a grey-shirt?
Yep he'll enroll in january and have 5 years to play 4.
doubledribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 06:14 PM   #208
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

He made the grades he needed this summer. He will enroll in January 2015 and be eligible to count back to 2014 which is really important.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:30 PM   #209
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

wow, we are gonna have some ridiculous talent and depth at DB these next few years
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:45 AM   #210
StormOfTalons
Blue Chip

Male

StormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2015 Greyshirt - Darin Smalls

This update contradicts what was posted above.

Quote:
Former Summerville DB Darin Smalls committed to USC last year with an eye towards playing right away because he knew the Gamecocks needed cornerbacks this season. But those hopes were doused by torn knee ligaments in the third week of the season. And adding true insult to the injury, the NCAA prevented Smalls from enrolling this fall.
http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...698/-1/PSPORTS
Old 08-27-2014, 03:00 AM   #211
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post

according to pay sites, he needed to take a course or two this summer and make passing grades, which apparently he did. I have never read anything about his test being flagged by the NCAA. maybe Korn knows something the other sites don't, or he doesn't know what he's talking about......this flagging test scores is the same bullshit Green and Lammons had to deal with.

even if he had been able to enroll this summer, he was never going to play this fall because of his knee injury from last year.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:10 AM   #212
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
even if he had been able to enroll this summer, he was never going to play this fall because of his knee injury from last year.
I feel like this has a lot to do with it. It's essentially an extra redshirt for him. Even if he didn't redshirt next year, he'd still have the possibility for a med red if he got injured down the road. If he came in and redshirted this year, that option would be off the table if it was ever needed.

75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:23 AM   #213
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post

I was under the impression that the grade from the summer course he was taking came in too late

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:14 AM   #214
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

If true, it is another sign the NCAA is nothing but a bloated waste of space.
Flag a guy because he improved too much?

Glad I'm not an athlete, or they would've flagged me from improving from my sophomore to junior year....(I was a 2.5 student my sophomore year, went to a 3.5 my junior year...started buckling down so I could get to USC as a regular student).
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:52 AM   #215
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 View Post
I was under the impression that the grade from the summer course he was taking came in too late
This is what I heard as well. He is past the date to enroll for this semester. So he won't be able to enroll until January.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:55 AM   #216
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 668
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Was going to post something about how subjective and inefficient the NCAA is but that horse is dead already. I'll just be glad when it's removed as the governing body and replaced with a more comprehensive set of standards and guidelines.
roosterdude21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:02 PM   #217
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
If true, it is another sign the NCAA is nothing but a bloated waste of space.
Flag a guy because he improved too much?

Glad I'm not an athlete, or they would've flagged me from improving from my sophomore to junior year....(I was a 2.5 student my sophomore year, went to a 3.5 my junior year...started buckling down so I could get to USC as a regular student).
flagging a guy for improving too much is not a waste. Derrick Rose taught us that. Like it or not, kids can cheat and people around them can help and encourage them to cheat. That's just how it is. I'd rather make sure everything is kosher than take a risk and learn a kid cheated down the road.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:34 PM   #218
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

This is actually a blessing in disguise for Darin. Yes, he does miss a semester of school but since he was going to redshirt anyway and couldn't enroll until August at the earliest a greyshirt actually gives him the potential of an extra semester and summer of college. Plus his commitment counts back so it still doesn't effect this years numbers. It's a win/win situation.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:35 PM   #219
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 668
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Similar situation to what Sidney Rice did, right?
roosterdude21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:53 PM   #220
NCgamecock1981
Entrenched Starter

Male

CockyCash: 80000
NCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
This is actually a blessing in disguise for Darin. Yes, he does miss a semester of school but since he was going to redshirt anyway and couldn't enroll until August at the earliest a greyshirt actually gives him the potential of an extra semester and summer of college. Plus his commitment counts back so it still doesn't effect this years numbers. It's a win/win situation.
Not for him. If I'm reading this correctly he has to sit at home and put his life on hold for the next 4 months because of NCAA incompetence. It might be a "win" for USC's number but it's not a win for Darin.
NCgamecock1981 is offline   Reply With Quote