CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
U-Dub Gamecock
Outland
gadeneer1986
B-G
Latt7more
ReadR00ster
b381l
CoverTwo
Why is everyone anti (1575)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Just thought of some (962)
How did we not make (856)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (820)
Miss St. defense (745)
Let us clarify some (740)
Is Clowney back toni (628)
Flopping is reaching (377)
Roll call for Auburn (286)
How did we not make it.
Busta out indefinitely.
Miss St. defense
Recipe for success
Roll call for Auburn
SOS says his next stop is
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Why is everyone anticipat
Keith Stone (2016 Prospec
Name a Gamecock

Old 08-26-2014, 11:56 AM   #21
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Would you rather: Beat Clemson or Win SEC

Winning the SEC gains national respect. Beating clem5on does not.

75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:43 PM   #22
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Since they ask every year, guess we'd better dumb this thing down so even the taters have a chance to understand.

If I were a jockey, I'd prefer:
A) riding a nag.
B) winning the Derby.
C) riding Secretariat to the Triple Crown.

Now here's one for the taters:
After 5 in a row, Clemson is a _____ to USC.
A) roadblock
B) speed bump
C) autobahn

To Gamecock Nation the answer is obvi. To the taters? Not so much. To them it's a brainteaser, a quandry. How do we know that? 'Cause they keep asking the same stupid question every year. LOL. Keep 'em guessing.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:10 PM   #23
USCGrad90
Alumni

Male

USCGrad90 has hatched from the shell

To offer an alternative suggestion:
"What would you enjoy more - Beating Clemson or winning the SEC?"
Definitely the SEC win.
As far as Clemson goes, I don't see this as an even trade off. Winning the SEC is tougher to accomplish than beating Clemson and offers a chance to be in the playoffs, so it is the more desirable goal.
USCGrad90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:12 PM   #24
carolinagator
Walk On

Male

carolinagator has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockswag View Post
Would you rather beat Clemson for big number 6 and lose the SEC East miserably, or win the SEC east and the SEC championship, but lose to Clemson horribly and give Clemsux bragging rights to be the only team to beat the SEC champions.

Some people used to not care what record we got as long as we beat Clemson. Let's see who hates Clemsux the most...

Almost 3 days now!
Question fail.
carolinagator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:32 PM   #25
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Every couple weeks with this thread
Old 08-26-2014, 01:45 PM   #26
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

SEC

I dont live near many Clemson fans/grads, shit or SEC grads/CFB fans for that matter. I actually find it cool when I meet one of them (Clemson fans/grads) considering there aren't many. We are the lone southerners/CFB fans.

That said SEC title would help lead to a national title and that would be much better for the program.
B-G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #27
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Win the SEC, no brainer. Win the SEC and your in the playoff with a shot at the NC. I'll take that over bragging rights any day.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:51 PM   #28
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

This question is really difficult to answer. I absolutely consider winning the SEC to be more prestigious/important/other buzz words. The problem that I have is that I also don't want to deal with listening to Clemson fans talk about beating us the year we finally won it.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:11 PM   #29
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
SEC

I dont live near many Clemson fans/grads, shit or SEC grads/CFB fans for that matter. I actually find it cool when I meet one of them (Clemson fans/grads) considering there aren't many. We are the lone southerners/CFB fans.

That said SEC title would help lead to a national title and that would be much better for the program.
If you are in NYC, the alumni association meets at The Mason Jar on East 30th just off Park. The Mason Jar donated $50,000 to the university to be the official NYC Gamecock bar.

They have a huge alumni participant and have about 300 people for every game.

www.NYCGamecocks.com
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:20 PM   #30
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHerons View Post
If you are in NYC, the alumni association meets at The Mason Jar on East 30th just off Park. The Mason Jar donated $50,000 to the university to be the official NYC Gamecock bar.

They have a huge alumni participant and have about 300 people for every game.

www.NYCGamecocks.com

Im completely aware of this and thats where I will be for the games as I was last year.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:31 PM   #31
militarymind17
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
militarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his comb

Both. But if it came down to 1 or the other. Win the SEC championship.
militarymind17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:56 PM   #32
Rooster McGee
Walk On

Male

Rooster McGee has feathers coming inRooster McGee has feathers coming inRooster McGee has feathers coming in

Is this even a question? Win the SEC of course!!

I think this is the problem with our schools fans. College football is much bigger than a rivalry game.
Rooster McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:14 PM   #33
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Im completely aware of this and thats where I will be for the games as I was last year.

Gee, sorry. From your post it sounded like you felt isolated.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:39 PM   #34
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHerons View Post
Gee, sorry. From your post it sounded like you felt isolated.
Its pretty close to that.

Guess im just spoiled to be from the south.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:44 PM   #35
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

If we win the SEC, I feel pretty confident we just beat the hell out of Clemson the week prior to the SEC-CG
Old 08-27-2014, 02:42 AM   #36
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Why does this question feel like a shart?

SEC. By a wide ****ing margin.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:48 AM   #37
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

We are beyond this discussion, we must now win all. There is no either ors anymore!
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:47 AM   #38
ClintonGamecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 3200
ClintonGamecock has hatched from the shell

[quote=bcolinc;4235831]I can say this much. I'd love to win the SEC, but beating Clempson has become so fun. We beat them, we have a great offseason. We win the SEC (but lose to Clemson) we have a huge recruiting class and offseason, but have to deal with the "Clemson is the SEC champion" BS talk. I think we will beat Clemmy and take the SEC title in the same year. That way we can all sleep good at night. Besides, we all know we have been flirting with this idea for the past 3 years. The time is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/qu

This is the right answer. But it would have to be both, or no National Title anyway because
1) If we are good enough to win the National Title we would not lose to Clemson, and
2) If we lost to Clemson it is very doubtful that we would make the playoff anyway. Even if we did win the SEC.
ClintonGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:38 AM   #39
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

This type of thread is started at least three times an offseason.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:56 AM   #40
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Win SEC