CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Cockypantherfan
ACPhilson
PageUSC
The Yancey
taylorssc
GamecockSuperFan
Roosterboy
zcockz
KaneisAble
HBC Weekly Presser (1944)
Thompson Has Neck In (1450)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (983)
4th & 1 Play (846)
Clowney didnt get ma (753)
Zone Read Analysis w (742)
What fish do you eat (732)
So What? (417)
Request (384)
Kentucky prediction (334)
Dylan Thompson looks brok
Cleaned up version: SEC E
Just Booked my Hotel for
Kentucky prediction
What fish do you eat
State talent drying up
KY Suspends 4 Players for
4th & 1 Play
So What?
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown

Old 08-27-2014, 03:51 PM   #1
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material
Default Lay's Potato Chip Flavor Contest

This year's flavors are as follows:

Bacon Mac & Cheese

Mango Salsa

Wasabi Ginger

Cappuccino

I had the Wasabi Ginger, Cappuccino and Mango Salsa so far. Wasabi Ginger is by far my favorite. I don't like wasabi on sushi because the spice(? heat? not sure how to describe wasabi) sticks around, but with these it's gone in an instant, which for me is nice. Also you could taste the ginger as well, which was good. The Cappuccino is definitely worth a try for that sweet/salty combo. The Mango Salsa was interesting...you could taste the fruit and a little spice but I won't go out of my way to buy it.

Last year's winner was Cheesy Garlic Bread....by far the least interesting or creative flavor, so I figure this year's will most likely follow in the same vein and be Bacon Mac & Cheese. Haven't tried it yet, but I'll grab it if I see it in single size.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:05 PM   #2
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 46222
jrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPit
Default Re: Lay's Potato Chip Flavor Contest

Cappucino with tater chips?!? Who came out with that brain fart? I'm not trying it since I just cannot picture myself ever having any tater product with a cup of joe much less cappucino!

The first few chips of Mango Salsa was pretty good but then the fruity taste along with the tater chip texture started playing with my mind and taste buds.

Haven't seen the Bacon Mac yet.

Wasabi id definitely the best of the 3 I've tried so far, altough I was hoping for a little more wasabi "punch".
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:12 PM   #3
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

They've actually been out for about a month now, at least up here.

Mango - I read a review that said they taste like bath & body lotion. Can't disagree, although I've never tried to eat bath lotion. But I would imagine it would taste similar.

Mac & Cheese - not bad, but nothing special as mentioned.

Wasabi - better than I thought they would be; my biggest complaint is actually the kettle chip texture. This flavor on a regular chip would be pretty good.

Cappuccino - as horrifying as they sound, I think these are pretty darned good. Have already bought several bags to hoard in anticipation of them losing out and being gone forever
Old 08-27-2014, 05:20 PM   #4
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

I liked the bacon mac & cz and the wasabi. I don't like ruffles so I won't try the mango. The cappuccino was just goddess awful. I think that wasabi would make a nice topping for a tuna casserole.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:31 PM   #5
SAETerrier
Habitual Line-Stepper

Male

CockyCash: 200
SAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot materialSAETerrier is USC mascot material

I haven't tried any of the 4, but I heard the cappuccino was the worst by far.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:58 PM   #6
Nassau Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Nassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot material

If it ain't natural regular with salt and pepper, it ain't goin in my mout!
Dat's wat I sez!