CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
taylorssc
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
Regalcock
JerseyBird
b381l
GregoryHouse
U-Dub Gamecock
Cockypantherfan
FlorenceCock
Shaq Roland (2603)
clemson game time: N (1872)
**USC Women vs. San (1265)
The Defense (1153)
Women's soccer Sweet (1110)
Mason Rudolph starti (709)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (656)
Tenn-Mizzou game (450)
injury report? (344)
Your favorite Greate (276)
2015 Commitment - Marquav
injury report?
2015 Commitment - Christi
2010 Clemson-Carolina gam
For Discussing The Clemso
clemson game time: Noon o
2014 Charleston Classic:
Texans getting frustrated
**USC Women vs. San Diego
Question about after the

Old 08-27-2014, 11:09 AM   #201
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2014-15 Premier League season

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Sorry but you're both wrong. With Financial Fair Play clubs like Chelsea and City just can't outspend. They have to sell in order to buy. Those days are over. Yes they get revenues and have a great sponsorship deal. However thank PSG for being idiots and giving Chelsea buckets of cash for Luiz. City hardly spent any money in the off-season. You can't point the finger at the rich owners now because the books have to balance. Chelsea made fantastic moves with the money they have.

Contrast that with Arsenal who have more money than anyone but don't spend wisely. Same these days for United. They have a bunch of idiots running that club - and I couldn't be happier.

Let's be serious nobody at this moment in time cares about FFP rules. All City and PSG got was a slap on the wrist. Yeah PSG were complete idiots paying 50m for Luiz, but you know good and well Chelsea would have spent the same amount even if they didn't sell him. Until FFP rules actually mean/do anything nobody will take it serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SR4-AJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:22 AM   #202
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
Let's be serious nobody at this moment in time cares about FFP rules. All City and PSG got was a slap on the wrist. Yeah PSG were complete idiots paying 50m for Luiz, but you know good and well Chelsea would have spent the same amount even if they didn't sell him. Until FFP rules actually mean/do anything nobody will take it serious.

Yes City and PSG got a big warning shot. The next time it happens for clubs it will be serious. Chelsea used to spend like crazy. However, they are balancing books now. They were close to the FFP line the last two years. Now they are watching their spending.

If you don't think the clubs are starting to take this seriously, you aren't paying attention.

I know you're an Arsenal fan. They've had more money to spend than anyone and have done a pretty poor job. I like Arsenal but they still have the same weaknesses and issues after already spending over $100 million this offseason.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:24 AM   #203
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
Hey I'm not complaining, just thought it was humorous how Jose cried all last year about how much money City spent on their team while completely ignoring how much money Chelsea had spent over the last decade. I swear, sometimes Mourinho would buy players just to keep them off Premier League Rival's Teams and then banish them to the reserves or loan them back out of England.
Honestly, Chelsea has been incredibly smart with money. Yes, City spent a lot and they got basically a warning from FFP. PSG is a huge mess. However, Chelsea really is in compliance. I know people think Jose whines but Chelsea is balancing the books now.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:52 AM   #204
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Honestly, Chelsea has been incredibly smart with money. Yes, City spent a lot and they got basically a warning from FFP. PSG is a huge mess. However, Chelsea really is in compliance. I know people think Jose whines but Chelsea is balancing the books now.
No, I agree. I really think that one of the main reasons Jose left to begin with was the fact that Roman took away the blank checks.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:06 PM   #205
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

i missed the manU cup disaster, but im not too surprised after watching the first two premier games. i skip buying fifa for a couple years and manU goes into the toilet.
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:20 PM   #206
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
i missed the manU cup disaster, but im not too surprised after watching the first two premier games. i skip buying fifa for a couple years and manU goes into the toilet.

Pls don't buy FIFA anymore then lol

Old 08-27-2014, 12:23 PM   #207
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
Nah, they've always been a toilet. Ferguson just did a better job dressing the place up.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:52 PM   #208
tkousc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
tkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudly

Arsenal hung on to get to the group stage of the Champions League. Sanchez with the goal. Let's hope we can find a good striker before the window closes.
tkousc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:53 PM   #209
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Looks like we are traveling to Arsenal for our next CapOne match.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:17 PM   #210
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkousc View Post
Arsenal hung on to get to the group stage of the Champions League. Sanchez with the goal. Let's hope we can find a good striker before the window closes.
Wegner just came out and said no plans to sign another striker and confirmed Giroud will be out till Dec at least. I'm not even an Arsenal supporter and that bums me out.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:13 PM   #211
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
Wegner just came out and said no plans to sign another striker and confirmed Giroud will be out till Dec at least. I'm not even an Arsenal supporter and that bums me out.
Giroud was Arsenal's attack. They are a different team without him. He will be missed.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:19 PM   #212
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 600
cocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPit

Quote:
Giroud was Arsenal's attack. They are a different team without him. He will be missed.
He will be missed.....just hoping Spurs can make it into the top four this season!

ďOf course, itís a bit of a jump, isnít it? I mean, erÖ chartered accountancy to lion taming in one go. You donít think it might be better if you worked your way towards lion taming, say via banking or insurance?"
cocknblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:05 PM   #213
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Great showing by the Saints today! 3-1!

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:55 PM   #214
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

This Chelsea v Everton game is NUTS

5 goals in 11 minutes....
Old 08-30-2014, 03:35 PM   #215
myrtsmom
Recruit

Female

myrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spurs
Wink Re: 2014-15 Premier League season

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
This Chelsea v Everton game is NUTS

5 goals in 11 minutes....
Most entertaining match of the season so far!
myrtsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:03 PM   #216
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Chelsea Everton match may be the match of the year! That was fun to watch.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:05 PM   #217
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

And in case anyone missed it, it was a GREAT day in Manchester!
Old 08-30-2014, 04:11 PM   #218
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Great showing by the Saints today! 3-1!
Great match for the Saints. Thought they might be in trouble when they went down 1 early, but they really took care of business after that.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:12 PM   #219
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Very nice indeed!
Old 08-30-2014, 04:16 PM   #220
myrtsmom
Recruit

Female

myrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spurs

Quote:
Absolutely fantastic day in Manchester!!!!!
myrtsmom is offline   Reply With Quote