CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Badazcock
Gamecockswag
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
b381l
Regalcock
cocksmith1or11
kingofnerf
NAGamecockFan
Simple "yes&quo (711)
The Comeback & T (659)
ESPN Game Day Commen (654)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (451)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (451)
TeMarcus Blanton (387)
Phil Steele just pre (345)
Garcia: Change the R (196)
Wallpaper & Back (195)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
Garcia: Change the Rules
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Simple "yes" or
Bama @ Tennessee
Name a Gamecock
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Phil Steele just predicte
Who start on the d line t

Old 08-27-2014, 10:51 PM   #41
sanford
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
sanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his comb
Default Re: The 3-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
You also need a 325lb Nose. If you don't have those things, you get the ball run right down your throat.
this is the only guy on the first page in the thread that has the concept of the 3-4 down pat.

someone mentioned you need big DE's to draw double teams. while that would help, its the nose guard that you want to draw the double teams so that the hopefully quicker DE's can be one on one and hopefully get into the backfield along with the linebackers coming off the edge.

in a 3-4 you want the biggest baddest nose guard you can get your hands on.
sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:59 AM   #42
CockFighter
yeah boy

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockFighter is learning to peckCockFighter is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecoldcock View Post
First off, I'm not wrong, as I never said that English will never play DE in the 3-4. Second, you don't know any more than I do the actual depth chart for the 3-4, we'll all find out a lot more come tomorrow. Third, I'm just giving my opinion based on my knowledge of 3-4 and 4-3 defenses and our current players, I'm not pretending to be an expert and the coaches certainly aren't ringing my phone asking for my opinion. And finally, GENERALLY speaking the ends in 3-4 aren't meant to disrupt from shooting gaps and getting into the backfield therefore SPEED is a less desirable quality in 3-4 DEs than size and strength. 3-4 DE disrupt by holding up blockers and not allowing them to get into the second level.

So you really think even though we have a lack of 4-3 DEs, and the coaches have stated as much that they brought in the 3-4 due to this and to better fit our personnel, that they are NOT going to use the 6 4-3 DTs we have sitting around, but instead continue to use the 2 4-3 DEs that they are really comfortable with? When are Dixon and English going to ever rest then? Can no one grasp this concept just because they can't get past the fact they are called defensive ends? A DE in a 3-4 is NOT the same as a DE in the 4-3, its not that hard to grasp.
We will see in a few hours but I am almost always right about our defense.
CockFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:23 AM   #43
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

CockyCash: 400
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

2% of people in this thread understand defense aside from the obvious.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:46 AM   #44
Stonecoldcock
Starter

CockyCash: 20001160
Stonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockFighter View Post
We will see in a few hours but I am almost always right about our defense.
Zen is that you again on another account? So you just ignore my statements backed up by sound reasoning and evidence, ignore my question I posed to you and come back with the "you should believe me because I told you so" argument.
Stonecoldcock is offline   Reply With Quote