CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > CockyTalk Get Togethers

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ericvol2096
l^l^lBGCock
GamecockSuperFan
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
A. Pilgrim
robgusc76
taylorssc
Travelin
cocks are us
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2702)
Herbstreit on " (983)
Ole Miss Fan's Milk- (967)
SEC QB's in the Red (956)
Little know stat (We (932)
Gamecockology Helms (855)
Gif Sharing Time!!!! (544)
Where do you like to (474)
We're going to the N (458)
Amelia Earhart Plane (258)
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Gamecockology Helms
2014 WS: Giants vs. Royal
Uniforms for Tenn
Have you ever been so wro
Lose to Clemson, or to Te
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Where do you like to sit
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Name a Gamecock

Old 08-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material
Default Tampa Bay Gamecocks

Where is everyone going to take over in a few weeks?

I spoke with the Carolina Alumni contact down here, and all he said was he stepped down and someone else is taking care of it...said previously they all got together at Rock-N-Sports, but that no longer exists!

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
PyroPepper
Star Maker

Male

CockyCash: 200
PyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tampa Bay Gamecocks

Jimmy Macs, MacDintons or Mons Venus!

PyroPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #3
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroPepper View Post
Jimmy Macs, MacDintons or Mons Venus!
Tough to watch the game there! And Jimmy Mac's doesnt exist anymore, unfortunately, from what I learned. That family closed down and moved to Bryson City, NC and opened a restaurant!

Old 08-16-2011, 06:14 AM   #4
PyroPepper
Star Maker

Male

CockyCash: 200
PyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot material

You are correct about Jimmy Macs. I was just re-living my younger days for a minute. I could tell you some stories about the old Jimmy Macs! I'll look you up when I come down there again.

PyroPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #5
kpp_21388
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
kpp_21388 is sharpening his clawskpp_21388 is sharpening his clawskpp_21388 is sharpening his clawskpp_21388 is sharpening his claws

Ya, I am in Bradenton just moved here last week to go to LECOM I am down for meeting up to watch the game.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #6
Mr. Burns
No Soul

Male

CockyCash: 447110
Mr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot material

PM 'Cockin It' -- he should know.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #7
SwampFox
1st Team All-American

Male

SwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot material

Everyone,

Here is a direct link to the Tampa Bay Club page on My Carolina. Josh Callahan is the current club leader, so you can email him for more info.

http://www.mycarolina.org/s/842/twoc...gid=1&pgid=507

The get togethers have been at various locations in both Hillsborough and Pinellas counties for some time now. I've not heard where they are going to be this year.

Scotland Forever

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...eum/index.html
SwampFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:56 PM   #8
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampFox View Post
Everyone,

Here is a direct link to the Tampa Bay Club page on My Carolina. Josh Callahan is the current club leader, so you can email him for more info.

http://www.mycarolina.org/s/842/twoc...gid=1&pgid=507

The get togethers have been at various locations in both Hillsborough and Pinellas counties for some time now. I've not heard where they are going to be this year.
He isn't leading the Alumni chapter in Tampa anymore. I e-mailed him and he said he was stepping down and someone else was going to do it- he said he would forward me to that person but hasn't yet.

The Facebook page is pretty weak, too. I was thinking of starting one and inviting anyone that matched "Gamecocks" "South Carolina" and lived in the Bay Area.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #9
Bobby8405
Walk On

Male

Bobby8405 has hatched from the shell

I was interested in finding a group for games this year and after not having any luck finding a Tampa Alumni chapter I cam across this forum. I would be interested in joining or organizing some kind of group if there isn't anything established.

My sister runs Bar Louie at International Plaza and they host the Tampa chapter of the FSU Alumni Club. I was there during a few games and it was great time except for the whole FSU part. I'm not sure what the current situation is, but if we could make a deal with a place we should be able to get some drink specials and dedicated TV's if we have enough people. I had heard there used to be a Gamecock group that meet at Champ's in International Plaza, maybe we could get something going there again if the location works for everyone.
Bobby8405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #10
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Vandy Game-Viewing Party
Thursday, August 30
6:00 p.m.
(Kick-off is set for 7:00 p.m.)
Hurricane Grill & Wings
1200 North Westshore Boulevard
Tampa, FL 33607

Old 08-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #11
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Also, I created a Facebook Group for Tampa Bay Gamecocks since the old one was inactive and seems to have been deleted. This is too big of an area not to be represented!

I'm also going around Facebook and sending messages to anyone that matches up with living in Tampa, FL and having Univ of South Carolina attached to them...so sorry for the spam if you see this:

Join Tampa Bay Gamecocks on Facebook! There was an old and inactive group that disappeared- this was created so we can have a new place to discuss the Gamecocks, meetups, and game viewing get togethers.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/tampabaygamecocks/

Old 08-28-2014, 02:23 AM   #12
MyCarolina.Tampa
Walk On

Male

MyCarolina.Tampa has hatched from the shell

Hello All,

Please follow the official page for Gamecocks in Tampa Bay so that we can cheer our team together and get updated event dates. Contact club president Paul Bubel at mycarolina.tampa@gmail.com or paul.bubel@gmail.com

Thank you
Paul Bubel
MyCarolina Alumni Association of Tampa Bay Organization

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MyCar...75022719285267

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006594377308
MyCarolina.Tampa is offline   Reply With Quote