CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
GregoryHouse
Dietz
Gamecocks1137
Carolina-Beez
Grit_And_Steel
Badazcock
roosterdude21
Order 66
zcoop
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8798)
ESPN Game Day Commen (1690)
Simple "yes&quo (1369)
Phil Steele just pre (1051)
The Comeback & T (790)
Garcia: Change the R (631)
TeMarcus Blanton (623)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
Miss St vs. Kentucky (280)
Wallpaper & Back (250)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Anybody just have that &q
Bama @ Tennessee
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Turtle Beach
Miss St vs. Kentucky
Where in Seattle
UFC 179: Jose Aldo vs Cha
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Name a Gamecock

Old 08-28-2014, 01:40 PM   #1
bcgibson75
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
bcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPit
Default Black Magic - 30 Years Later

As we start a new season of Gamecock football, I'm reminded about Carolina's season of 1984...Joe Mo's Black Magic team.

They set the standard of winning at USC up until the Spurrier run we've been on the last few seasons.

I can only hope - like the really good season Lou had in 2001 (year of the Gamecocks) - that the symmetry lines up for this year's Carolina football team...and grab that elusive SEC championship!

Off to the W-B...

GO COCKS!!
Old 08-28-2014, 01:53 PM   #2
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Black Magic - 30 Years Later

Why not the 2014 team... No one thought the 1984 team would be special.
Go cocks
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:11 PM   #3
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Has it been 30 years?

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #4
BloodySpur
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1200
BloodySpur is making other chickens nervousBloodySpur is making other chickens nervousBloodySpur is making other chickens nervousBloodySpur is making other chickens nervousBloodySpur is making other chickens nervousBloodySpur is making other chickens nervousBloodySpur is making other chickens nervous

I'm an old school Cock! Black Magic, Black Death, Run and Shoot, Fire Ants... bring all that shit BACK!! Hell yeah!!
Old 08-28-2014, 04:58 PM   #5
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

There will never be another season like 1984 and Black Magic. You had to be there to know what I'm talking about.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:00 PM   #6
18IsTheMan
Banned

Male

18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs

Always wished I could my hands on a copy of that song.
18IsTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:11 PM   #7
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
There will never be another season like 1984 and Black Magic. You had to be there to know what I'm talking about.
I could not agree more. But going into that season, we never expected the results.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:14 PM   #8
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
I love exclusionary posts like this.
Its saying "unless you were blessed to be like me, then you'll never be blessed in the same way again- you can never know!"

Ah, the camaraderie of Gamecock Nation!
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:18 PM   #9
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
I love exclusionary posts like this.
Its saying "unless you were blessed to be like me, then you'll never be blessed in the same way again- you can never know!"

Ah, the camaraderie of Gamecock Nation!
I think what he was trying to say, was there was a feel about that season. We went into a lot of Gams as underdogs, yet found a way to win.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:34 PM   #10
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybusiness2 View Post
I think what he was trying to say, was there was a feel about that season. We went into a lot of Gams as underdogs, yet found a way to win.
That and it was magical. A song was playing called "Black Magic" A tree had 6-0 painted on it near the horseshoe after Carolina beat Notre Dame. A quick kick was called on third down during the UGA game. It was amazing and there will never be another season like it.

that being said, there was no Sandstorm, there were 70K there instead of 80k, there was no monster board, we were not in the SEC and we had not completed back to back to back double digit win seasons. So, the golden times are now, my friends.