CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Master Bedroom
ReadR00ster
MountainCock
smoovecock
RGHoskins
COCKYTALKIN
Kaka
Captain9Dragons
I Bleed Garnet
The Gator Bowl wants (1625)
Why I'm hopeful abou (1402)
USC will upset Aubur (1234)
A simple defensive l (1045)
In-state QB talent (968)
In-state QB talent (968)
Which loss hurt wors (652)
Texas athletic direc (600)
Ranking the SEC Foot (417)
USC Picked 12th By S (398)
BA ranks recruiting class
Tennessee game
Name a Gamecock
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
Titanfall
Texas athletic director:
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Why I'm hopeful about Aub

Old 08-28-2014, 10:38 PM   #41
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material
Default Re: A&M vent thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
There is more to life than football. I think I've finally realized this after so many years.

I've been through alot of crap in my life and yes I'm disappointed when the Gamecocks lose, but it's not my whole world. I just feel so badly for the players. You have to think they go out there and give it their all so they can win and they already know beforehand that they'll disappoint the fans if they don't. I hope the students who see them on Monday tells them thank you for the effort and give some encouraging words. I sure hope that nobody talks to them the way you guys talk about them on the thread during game time.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:38 PM   #42
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Every season, there is a top ranked team that is overrated. This year, we are that team.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:39 PM   #43
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyClint View Post
Spur's Addiction, are youyou ask. an official CockyTalk Mod now? Just curious.
Yeah - Since about 8 years ago or so.

Why do you ask?
Old 08-28-2014, 10:41 PM   #44
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material
Default All of the defensive fears come true plus one.

Cannot tackle. I saw 4 times a tackle that would stop them on third down was missed. And that's just third down. Some of us expected not getting pressure and some bad coverage, but we expected our linebackers and safeties to tackle.
There will be blood on the film room floor.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:41 PM   #45
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Ward, McWilliams and the D line are pitiful. Special shout out to our great O line for their dominant performance tonight
Old 08-28-2014, 10:43 PM   #46
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyClint View Post
drink some warm milk instead, dude. it will help you sleep.
How about some warm milk with Kahlua in it?
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:46 PM   #47
Bamaga
Walk On

Male

Location: next to Boo Radley's house ,Winchestertonfieldville
Bamaga has earned his spursBamaga has earned his spursBamaga has earned his spursBamaga has earned his spursBamaga has earned his spursBamaga has earned his spursBamaga has earned his spurs

I usually don't post much, just lurk, but
Heads up Cocks. The Dawgs lost big first of the season 2 years ago and almost played for a National title. Things aren't as good as your best or as bad as your worst. The Aggies came to play. It was their night . -Roll Tide
Bamaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:47 PM   #48
mercjason
Loving being a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 400
mercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spurs

Recruiting past 2 years = Fail
PR and publicity = Win
Total = team not good, but will be on TV this year

At least we have a very nice and expensive display at WB to watch it

"Cameron Newton is eligible at Auburn University. Period. End of story," Auburn coach Gene Chizik- Justice Served, Gene!
mercjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:47 PM   #49
sharpstick
4-Star

Male

sharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talonssharpstick has developed his gaff and talons

Were in the he** is the D, missed tackles, out of place, no coverage, just plain sorry. Third and one why throw it 30 yards? Shaking my head and thinking what the he** just happen. Props to the Agheads they came to play. If the Cocks don't get better it's going to be a long sad season.
sharpstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:48 PM   #50
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Unless SC's defense shows SIGNIFICANT improvement or unless TAMU is some sort of magical powerhouse, SC's season is over.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:57 PM   #51
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Deke Adams should be fired....tonight.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:00 PM   #52
sanford
4-Star

Male

sanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his combsanford is developing his comb
Default Re: We do not hit in practice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
When in practice, we do not hit, the QB, the RB, the WRs. ETC, we just do not hit. Does anyone ever think to attribute our poor tackling to the inability to just hit guys? This goes more towards the freshmen, or younger guys playing on D. Is our inability to be able to hit players in practice affect us? I am not sure, but the way we portrayed such poor tackling, i am not sure.
if you don't hit then who beat Mike Davis' ribs up?
sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:01 PM   #53
CockyClint
Walk On

Male

CockyClint has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
Yeah - Since about 8 years ago or so.

Why do you ask?
hahaha, I had no idea! I was just curious because I was going to start the Vent thread when the game ended, but then I thought that perhaps only mods were permitted to create the "Official Vent Thread", so I held off. I was surprised when I saw you create it, because I didn't know that you were a mod! haha. I am more familiar with CockyHoskins and Spurticus, I guess, haha!.
CockyClint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:02 PM   #54
mpilot0705
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 498700
mpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Agreed....or at least put on notice. He had three nfl caliber linemen last year with minimal results. The talent on the line isn't great this year but better than they played. As someone said in the game thread....what would you give to have Johnson and Lawning back.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:02 PM   #55
CheckYoAnklez
Walk On

Male

CheckYoAnklez has feathers coming inCheckYoAnklez has feathers coming inCheckYoAnklez has feathers coming in
Default Another A&M Thread...

Alright, first things first... If we stop playing prevent defense for the entirety of the game, we won't let up 680 total yards. Our CB's don't need to be 10-12 yards away from the receiver, need to be aggressive at the line of scrimmage! I'd much rather have a few pass interference calls and get beat over the top a few times than just let up 10+ yards a play.. The safeties weren't even in the picture tonight! Our secondary is awful! The schemes whammy and co. were calling tonight were awful, the defense just looked so slow, and played so soft. We were outplayed on both sides of the ball, facts are facts.. Our offense is pretty good, Dylan played well, for the most part, he needs to be more consistent, but played well for the most part, our defense is just terrible.. I don't know if A&M is that good, but definitely our defense needs work, and playing something other than zone coverage might actually work. That was awful!

Last edited by CheckYoAnklez; 08-29-2014 at 01:16 AM.
CheckYoAnklez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:02 PM   #56
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Should of never been hired
Old 08-28-2014, 11:03 PM   #57
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I know it's only week 1 but be ready to book your tickets to Nashville
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:03 PM   #58
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Ward clearly needs a raise, he must not have been paid enough to put a defense on the field. Wow. I haven't felt that violated since Whitehurst lit us up.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:03 PM   #59
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: We do not hit in practice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanford View Post
if you don't hit then who beat Mike Davis' ribs up?
You tell me because that D didn't for damn sure.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:04 PM   #60
tkousc
4-Star

Male

tkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudly

My thoughts:

1. There doesn't seem to be a way to stop these spread offenses with mobile qbs. There is too much to defend. Look at Auburn last year. Unstoppable.

2. A&M has recruited really well and tonight is showed. Seals Jones Noll Williams all 5 stars.

3. We really need to recruit bigger wrs and bigger cbs. We need a Alshon type bad.

4. Our D line did not have one standout recruit playing and it showed.

5. IF Clemson was smart they would start Watson over Stoudt against us because of his mobility. Let's hope Stoudt does well enough to keep it.

6. Our coaches need to keep this recruiting class together cause we need reinforcements bad.

7. Our offense will be good but not spectacular. We will need to cause turnovers to beat Georgia or Florida.
tkousc is offline   Reply With Quote