CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
kabercr2
Gamecocks1137
kingofnerf
Spurticus
GamecockSuperFan
GoldenSpur7
tcmac08
Take-a-Knee
CoverTwo
**USC vs. South Alab (16978)
TV?? (1817)
Drew Owens missing? (1562)
Clemson (1163)
Awful Shooting Conti (913)
Question about after (769)
Gamecock Men Have Be (759)
Dylan Thompson surpa (559)
Prayers needed!!! (371)
How about this scena (327)
**USC vs. South Alabama G
Question about after the
Mason Rudolph starting fo
2014 Class AA Division I
FishFry 47-yarder
Dylan Thompson surpasses
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Louisville vs. Notre Dame
Clemson
2 Carolina-Clemson Tix Se

Old 08-28-2014, 10:36 PM   #1
Bed Sores
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Bed Sores has feathers coming inBed Sores has feathers coming in
Default Man of my word (no troll)

As I said, I was going to come back win or lose. As many of you know, I predicted a Gamecock win 28-25

I know you guys are upset and you have reasons to be as I would. It's never easy to lose at home in a upset like this.

My biggest surprise was Dylan throwing the ball down field as much as he did (early on) Our secondary sucks but looked better than last year. Yalls secondary didn't give up home run balls or get called for PI so with that said that's a good sign for SC.

Big props to the Gamecock OLine. I knew they were going to be good but they were a little better than I expected and that's saying a lot.

I know there's been lots of crap talking back and forth. Win or lose I was going to pull for yall after this game win or lose. I hope yall win the East.

Keep your heads up. Streaks are meant to be broken. We hadn't won on the road for a season opener since 1999. It happens and it happened tonight. As much as yall are upset right now and hate us. I think yall that end up traveling to College Station next year are going to be very impressed with our fans, stadium and Northgate.

I do hope our fans were on their typical best behavior tonight.

Again, best of luck. Beat Georgia!
Bed Sores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:44 PM   #2
Latti2001
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1700
Latti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spursLatti2001 has earned his spurs
Default Re: Man of my word (no troll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bed Sores View Post
As I said, I was going to come back win or lose. As many of you know, I predicted a Gamecock win 28-25

I know you guys are upset and you have reasons to be as I would. It's never easy to lose at home in a upset like this.

My biggest surprise was Dylan throwing the ball down field as much as he did (early on) Our secondary sucks but looked better than last year. Yalls secondary didn't give up home run balls or get called for PI so with that said that's a good sign for SC.

Big props to the Gamecock OLine. I knew they were going to be good but they were a little better than I expected and that's saying a lot.

I know there's been lots of crap talking back and forth. Win or lose I was going to pull for yall after this game win or lose. I hope yall win the East.

Keep your heads up. Streaks are meant to be broken. We hadn't won on the road for a season opener since 1999. It happens and it happened tonight. As much as yall are upset right now and hate us. I think yall that end up traveling to College Station next year are going to be very impressed with our fans, stadium and Northgate.

Classy post. Thanks!
Latti2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:44 PM   #3
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

You know... Your team disrespected us. It's common courtesy to give a reach around after you rape the shit out of someone. Lol.

Good game. Y'all deserved it. Came to play. We did not. Best of luck to you guys.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:45 PM   #4
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

You know... Your team disrespected us. It's common courtesy to give a reach around after you rape the shit out of someone. Lol.

Good game. Y'all deserved it. Came to play. We did not. Best of luck to you guys.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:51 PM   #5
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

DP
Old 08-28-2014, 10:51 PM   #6
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Only trolls start a thread with (no troll) in the title.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:58 PM   #7
Braveguy06
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1022
Braveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his claws

Give my congrats to those on texags from wecocky8806. Would do it myself but was banned for no reason. Congrats on the win.
Braveguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:04 PM   #8
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Congratulations on the win . We got beat down . I didn't think our oline was good . Defense couldn't tackle a one legged man that fell on the floor.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:08 PM   #9
Bed Sores
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveguy06 View Post
Give my congrats to those on texags from wecocky8806. Would do it myself but was banned for no reason. Congrats on the win.
Will do. Good Bull my friend
Old 08-28-2014, 11:13 PM   #10
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:

You think our o line is good? We are supposed to have three bonafide NFL guys on it. Sure didn't look like it. Congrats to A&M though y'all came and whooped our ass. Your skill position guys are unreal. It is what Clemson has always wanted to be.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:16 PM   #11
PokemNdaToof
Walk On

Male

PokemNdaToof is learning to peckPokemNdaToof is learning to peck

Nice, friendly post! Thanks! We are all a little shell-shocked here in Columbia. I expected a close game that went into the 4th qtr. Unfortunately, our D was not interested in playing tonight. Of course, TA&M had something to do with that. As easy as it appeared - to me - for u guys to gain huge chunks of yardage I didn't see anything that wasn't expected. Not sure what our game plan was on D. We looked slow compared to TA&M and certainly were out executed. I wish you guys well, but certainly don't set super high expectations based on this game alone, as we DID NOT SHOW UP!! See you guys in College Station next year!! Hope we come to play!!
Old 08-28-2014, 11:18 PM   #12
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

A&M is much better than 6th in the SEC West, but USC is no where near the best team in the East....

We look like a team fighting like hell to win 6-7 games this year.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:21 PM   #13
Dietz
Household Name

Male

Dietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot material

We sucked at just about every facet of the game. The defense was horrendous. The offense? Dropped passes here and there, but in the end, I don't think it matters. Ya'll may had a young team, but they are large and fearless, and the SEC west better look out! Congrats to you and good luck down the road!
Old 08-28-2014, 11:30 PM   #14
Bed Sores
Walk On

Male

I really don't think yall should be beating up on your defense as much as you should. Granted they gave up a lot of points. Its a type of offense you just dont see very often over in the East. Very high tempo with very tall and athletic guys all over the field.. Also, our offensive line is really good. Yall got some pressure at times, Kenny was just on his game.

Basically, I think yall are better than yall played tonight. Going into this game 90% of your fan base wasn't aware of the Aggie offense. Seems like everyone was writting us off because JOhnny was gone.

Truth me told. Coach Sumlin has always had a prolific offense and Kenny Hill was a very coveted QB coming out of HS. Some of those WR's yall saw tonight were top WR's in their home state coming outta HS. Lots of mismatches due to size etc.

I would bet money yall will still compete for the East
Old 08-28-2014, 11:37 PM   #15
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Quote:
I really don't think yall should be beating up on your defense as much as you should. Granted they gave up a lot of points. Its a type of offense you just dont see very often over in the East. Very high tempo with very tall and athletic guys all over the field.. Also, our offensive line is really good. Yall got some pressure at times, Kenny was just on his game.

Basically, I think yall are better than yall played tonight. Going into this game 90% of your fan base wasn't aware of the Aggie offense. Seems like everyone was writting us off because JOhnny was gone.

Truth me told. Coach Sumlin has always had a prolific offense and Kenny Hill was a very coveted QB coming out of HS. Some of those WR's yall saw tonight were top WR's in their home state coming outta HS. Lots of mismatches due to size etc.

Sorry dude I don't see this team competing for the east. I see loses to ut, uga and uf possibly mizzou
Old 08-28-2014, 11:38 PM   #16
4Runner
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 225
4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb

Quote:

Nope. We have been following our team for a long time and our D didn't play worth a crud tonight. We have faced that spread hurry up gimmick offense plenty of times with a much different result. I think your D and the lack of our D was the difference. Good luck rest of the season.
4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:48 PM   #17
Texag0842
Walk On

Male

Texag0842 has hatched from the shell

I expect South Carolina to finish the year strong. Spurrier will get the issues fixed next week.

I'm just happy we were able to get the win tonight.

Keep your heads up USC, it's only one game and I expect no one will be undefeated this year.
Texag0842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:57 PM   #18
B-G
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

Good game, we got beat and y'all were great.

Also glad 1137 got banned
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:00 AM   #19
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:

Your assessment of our team seems very generous after the beating we just took. I just don't see it playing out very well for us this season. Too much drop off in talent.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:06 AM   #20
Bed Sores
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Your assessment of our team seems very generous after the beating we just took. I just don't see it playing out very well for us this season. Too much drop off in talent.
Going into this game I wondered how yall's front 7 would look having the big 3 gone. Again, this is just one game and our offensive line is one of the best in the SEC. I think its early yet and yall should tap the brakes