CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GarnetSwarm1990
kingofnerf
NinjaSven
Jim Lahey
Storm Of Spurs
roosterdude21
Gamecocks1137
Sandstorm29
MWard
robgusc76
Wilds & Carson B (2477)
Marquavius Lewis (2382)
So, why is next year (2257)
How Long Will The Re (1385)
Restaurant musts in (1053)
Why do so many of yo (964)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (802)
Shot in the arm for (794)
Custom Jersey (416)
5 Gourmet Foods That (277)
How Long Will The Rebuild
2015 Commitment - Dante S
2015 Signee - Sherrod Pit
Further clarification on
Marquavius Lewis
Why do so many of you guy
The Vent and Coaching cha
Previewing Clemson
2015 - Mark Fields
2015 - Cedarius Rookard

Old 08-29-2014, 02:05 AM   #181
USCNowAndForever
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
USCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spursUSCNowAndForever has earned his spurs
Default Re: A&M vent thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Get out, he's not responsible for the piss poor D that was displayed last night. Take that up with Ward and staff.
He is responsible for the defense because he is the head coach.

If he spent more time coaching this team and less time time on the golf course and on vacation, he would have time to oversee the defense too.

You can't be detail-oriented like Saban, Belichick, Chad Knaus, etc, when you live a "balanced life" like Spurrier does.

**** "balanced life".

I want our coach to be 100% obsessed with helping our team be the best it can be.

I want our coach to be 100% dedicated to helping our team be the best it can be.

**** family. **** golf. **** vacation.

Only football.

You don't have to agree, but don't get on here and try to tell me what I value is objectively wrong. I'm saying that now because I know it's coming.

If you value family, golf, and vacation, good for you. I can't tell you what to value. But don't come on here trying to tell me what I should value. And besides, this is a vent thread. If you don't want to deal with other people who are venting, you go away.

I'm tired of a coach who coaches our team as a hobby instead of coaching it as a job.

I'm grateful for how far he has taken us. I really am. I'm amazed by it. I would take the last 5 years over 0-21, 63-17, 29-7, 5-6, etc, but I'm so tired of seeing us underachieve when we all know d*** well we are capable of performing better.

I think we may have reached the ceiling with regards to how far we will go with Spurrier. If I am wrong at the end of the season, get back to me and remind me of this post. And I will eat my words then. Until then, to every ****head on here who has tried to tell me I didn't know what I was talking about, that said I needed to take my meds, etc:

I told you so.
USCNowAndForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:28 AM   #182
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

We've reached our ceiling under Spurrier, and maybe as a program entirely. I feared it in Knoxville last year and tonight it came to a reality. We have to wait another year to try and make the playoff. Are you shitting me? We have to go TO TAMU and UGA next year. LOL at that. There's no way.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:29 AM   #183
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Our defense and Mike Davis are incredibly soft.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:42 AM   #184
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Our defense just sucks. Plain and simple. Sumlin made ward his bitch tonight.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:50 AM   #185
KaneisAble
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
We've reached our ceiling under Spurrier, and maybe as a program entirely. I feared it in Knoxville last year and tonight it came to a reality. We have to wait another year to try and make the playoff. Are you shitting me? We have to go TO TAMU and UGA next year. LOL at that. There's no way.
I thought (fear) this as well. If ECU beats us then it's time to rebuild the program.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:08 AM   #186
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I can't see anything on defense being fixed this year. We need a new spur, Golightly is a liability.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:11 AM   #187
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
I thought (fear) this as well. If ECU beats us then it's time to rebuild the program.
how exactly do you plan to do that....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:44 AM   #188
SuperCockMaster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
Our defense and Mike Davis are incredibly soft.
That's a stupid thing to say about Davis. We couldn't afford to run by the time he was out and even if we did how would that help us? We needed points fast.
SuperCockMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:26 AM   #189
Evilchicken3
Banned

Male

Evilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spursEvilchicken3 has earned his spurs

Did Spurrier disappear over the Summer or something? How was he not aware that our defense would look like utter s***? That's great that you let your coordinators handle their business, but you should've known Steve. The blame is on you. You were busy on your book tour I guess while Ward had the keys to the Ferrari...bad decision. Show up and get involved HBC. I'm really starting to BELIEVE that your golf life is starting to crap the bed. That documentary looks really pathetic right about now.
Evilchicken3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:28 AM   #190
Cocks N Stuff
4-Star

Male

Cocks N Stuff is making other chickens nervousCocks N Stuff is making other chickens nervousCocks N Stuff is making other chickens nervousCocks N Stuff is making other chickens nervousCocks N Stuff is making other chickens nervousCocks N Stuff is making other chickens nervousCocks N Stuff is making other chickens nervousCocks N Stuff is making other chickens nervous

Why did we set back and let then just outnumber and out block us in WR screen over and over. They had a great game plan- blocking our young, small, soft DBs with their big, physical, talented WRs... But where were the in game adjustments? What do we have to lose by checking up on these guys defensively? We are already getting shredded.

Kenny Hill was more accurate throwin on the run than DT was with his feet set half the time.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:50 AM   #191
rubber
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
rubber has hatched from the shell

The Peter Principle is a concept in management theory in which the selection of a candidate for a position is based on their performance in their current role rather than on their abilities relevant to the intended role. They only stop being promoted when they are out of their league in a job they cannot do.

Ward was an easy pick for SOS but a huge mistake. Now that 90% of EJ's recruits are gone, the chickens are coming home to roost.
rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:58 AM   #192
garnetheart32
Recruit

Male

garnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken3 View Post
Did Spurrier disappear over the Summer or something? How was he not aware that our defense would look like utter s***? That's great that you let your coordinators handle their business, but you should've known Steve. The blame is on you. You were busy on your book tour I guess while Ward had the keys to the Ferrari...bad decision. Show up and get involved HBC. I'm really starting to BELIEVE that your golf life is starting to crap the bed. That documentary looks really pathetic right about now.
To be fair I really think the result of last night was a culmination of us not being prepared for the air raid and us underestimating their play-makers. Steve isn't to blame nor is Wammy. We simply lost too much on defense to play true freshmen well against that type of offensive attack, hell we lost our top 2 corners had our three best 2014 d-lineman not qualify and were playing in a system we have never played in before against an offensive style that we rarely see. When you play an air raid, you need to cover cover and cover again, forget about blitzing, they get rid of the ball to quick to blitz. You've got to be stuck on them like glue and rely on your line to get pressure on the qb while also not allowing any playmakers into open space, which we didn't do at all last night.
garnetheart32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:21 AM   #193
Cocks N Stuff
4-Star

Male

Cocks N Stuff is making other chickens nervousCocks N Stuff is making other chickens nervousCocks N Stuff is making other chickens nervousCocks N Stuff is making other chickens nervousCocks N Stuff is making other chickens nervousCocks N Stuff is making other chickens nervousCocks N Stuff is making other chickens nervousCocks N Stuff is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetheart32 View Post
To be fair I really think the result of last night was a culmination of us not being prepared for the air raid and us underestimating their play-makers. Steve isn't to blame nor is Wammy. We simply lost too much on defense to play true freshmen well against that type of offensive attack, hell we lost our top 2 corners had our three best 2014 d-lineman not qualify and were playing in a system we have never played in before against an offensive style that we rarely see. When you play an air raid, you need to cover cover and cover again, forget about blitzing, they get rid of the ball to quick to blitz. You've got to be stuck on them like glue and rely on your line to get pressure on the qb while also not allowing any playmakers into open space, which we didn't do at all last night.

Hill was able to stand in the pocket all night and throw intermediate routes as well. When we finally would get pressure and/or cover, Hill eluded our tacklers and made plays with his feet. The scheme didn't help but we were clearly out manned. Their players are simply better.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:27 AM   #194
garnetheart32
Recruit

Male

garnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks N Stuff View Post
Hill was able to stand in the pocket all night and throw intermediate routes as well. When we finally would get pressure and/or cover, Hill eluded our tacklers and made plays with his feet. The scheme didn't help but we were clearly out manned. Their players are simply better.
We only pressured him a few times last night, but the fact that we can cover long enough to do it at all means we aren't totally hopeless, I think the first place we see improvement though will be tackling, we won't be going up against gargantuan athletes like that week in week out, so tackling should improve quick, we will be a decent(I do mean decent not good) coverage team by the time the auburn game rolls around. I really don't know if we can consistently pressure with what we have right now though. We'll see though.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:30 AM   #195
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Fun fact. Georgia started the season 0-2 in 2011, but came back to win their last ten games to win the east. So, there's still a chance. (For the love of God, no one reply to this comment with that Dumb and Dumber gif)
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:32 AM   #196
garnetheart32
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
Fun fact. Georgia started the season 0-2 in 2011, but came back to win their last ten games to win the east. So, there's still a chance. (For the love of God, no one reply to this comment with that Dumb and Dumber gif)
If we start 0-2 We aren't winning the east, we aren't winning enough to even go bowling if we start 0-2.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:48 AM   #197
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material
Default Re: Another A&M Thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckYoAnklez View Post
Alright, first things first... If we stop playing prevent defense for the entirety of the game, we won't let up 680 total yards. Our CB's don't need to be 10-12 yards away from the receiver, need to be aggressive at the line of scrimmage! I'd much rather have a few pass interference calls and get beat over the top a few times than just let up 10+ yards a play.. The safeties weren't even in the picture tonight! Our secondary is awful! The schemes whammy and co. were calling tonight were awful, the defense just looked so slow, and played so soft. We were outplayed on both sides of the ball, facts are facts.. Our offense is pretty good, Dylan played well, for the most part, he needs to be more consistent, but played well for the most part, our defense is just terrible.. I don't know if A&M is that good, but definitely our defense needs work, and playing something other than zone coverage might actually work. That was awful!
Thank you I have never seen a prevent defense on the first damn drive of the game. WE usually let people score first and early but adjust and still usually win but not tonight we played prevent all night and there was no one in the middle of the field which is our strength put all those LBs in coverage and man and we have mismatches everywhere I have never been really set on Ward and I hope everyone else sees it now. We need to seriously put some coaches on notice WE DO NOT PLAY LIKE THIS anymore in our house. I can't believe this at all.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:52 AM   #198
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetheart32 View Post
hell we lost our top 2 corners had our three best 2014 d-lineman.

But see here's the thing I've been trying to stress to our fan base for the past few years. We've to recruit too notch players that are ready. All these 3 stars aren't going to cut it. We have to land the 5 and 4 stars consistently. You can say that ranking players doesn't mean anything but in reality they do. If they didn't. A&M, LSU, FLA, Bama, UGA & AU would be after 3 star players. The SEC isn't going to get any easier folks. We can't afford to slip behind now after all Spurrier has built. His days here are eventually going to be over. Then what? Time for people to donate and get our facilities and stadium up to par. Time to impress the big boys on and off the field. We've came along way but we have so far to go. Realize it.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:56 AM   #199
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurrierismyhomeboy View Post
Bad D-Line play, bad DB play. That's all there is to say. Deke Adams has got a cloud hanging over his head now.
Does Spurrier even have what it takes to fire people? Because robinson should have been gone and who hires our assistants because I have not been impressed.

Old 08-29-2014, 05:58 AM   #200
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
But see here's the thing I've been trying to stress to our fan base for the past few years. We've to recruit too notch players that are ready. All these 3 stars aren't going to cut it. We have to land the 5 and 4 stars consistently. You can say that ranking players doesn't mean anything but in reality they do. If they didn't. A&M, LSU, FLA, Bama, UGA & AU would be after 3 star players. The SEC isn't going to get any easier folks. We can't afford to slip behind now after all Spurrier has built. His days here are eventually going to be over. Then what? Time for people to donate and get our facilities and stadium up to par. Time to impress the big boys on and off the field. We've came along way but we have so far to go. Realize it.
I agree the assistants get stoked over 2-3 star players? I think it's because of where they have come from ie: appstate and unc to name a couple.