CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MountainCock
QCB
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
COCKYTALKIN
taylorssc
MDF DUST
Outland
The Yancey
The Gator Bowl wants (1993)
USC will upset Aubur (1576)
In-state QB talent (1271)
In-state QB talent (968)
Texas athletic direc (740)
Which loss hurt wors (724)
Ranking the SEC Foot (582)
USC Picked 12th By S (512)
Rank the QBs under S (469)
BA ranks recruiting (454)
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Who start on the d line t
lack of production=
Ranking the SEC Football
Gameday parking in Auburn
Rank the QBs under Spurri
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Google finally gets it ri
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti

Old 08-28-2014, 11:22 PM   #1561
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit
Default Re: **USC vs. Texas A&M GAME Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan_aggie View Post
You guys to deserve to lose this game. Older fans were fine, but i had never seen so many kids yell F you aggies to just random adults walking on campus. The students truly are the lowest ive come across thus far.

Moreover, your stadium isnt that loud, and that was before it got out of hand. You guys couldn't even get a "game" .... "cocks" going except before kickoff. It was truly sad, but again, the team and OBC deserve to lose fo being pompous sh*t talkers.

The prediction thread was great and im glad to see those 50 to 10 lopsided wins not pan out.
I wish I had something to say to you but I'm still at a loss for words after such a shitty defensive performance. I wasn't there but I apologize if you had a bad experience with our fans, we're normally pretty hospitable. I do, however, think you're a dousche based on this comment alone.
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:24 PM   #1562
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewcock View Post
I don't think Spurrier will hang it up. Sometimes the other team just whips your ass. Tonight A&M kicked our tail for 4 quarters. Time to regroup.
I would hope you are intelligent enough to understand that often times ass whippings of this nature can get way out of hand, wreck a season, wreck momentum, and even worse... I'd like for you to explain specifically where you think "regrouping" is possible from what you saw tonight
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:36 PM   #1563
evan_aggie
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
evan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Ever2Thee View Post
I wish I had something to say to you but I'm still at a loss for words after such a shitty defensive performance. I wasn't there but I apologize if you had a bad experience with our fans, we're normally pretty hospitable. I do, however, think you're a dousche based on this comment alone.
Mad bro? Ive seen lsu, miss, mizzou, and arky. Usc ranks somewhere with ole miss and arky for loudness. You don't have any acoustic cover to bounce the sound. The chants were not that loud from the get go. Don't call me a dbag bc I'm telling you the truth. I for one didn't see a beat down like this and i was realistic on the prediction thread.

The old ball coach talked sh*t ooc schedule despite our oos when he had no business even bringing it up. Little did he know USC would coke out looking like a FCS school which is part of that schedule.

Campus was nice. I liked the russell center and the shaded square im front.
evan_aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:40 PM   #1564
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
I would hope you are intelligent enough to understand that often times ass whippings of this nature can get way out of hand, wreck a season, wreck momentum, and even worse... I'd like for you to explain specifically where you think "regrouping" is possible from what you saw tonight
2012, losses to LSU and Florida with Florida being a stomp. Regrouping can happen, or at least picking yourself up and trying again. Or just quit, don't follow the team and call it a day, those are the real options.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:51 PM   #1565
Homebrewcock
Recruit

Male

Homebrewcock has earned his spursHomebrewcock has earned his spursHomebrewcock has earned his spursHomebrewcock has earned his spursHomebrewcock has earned his spursHomebrewcock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Not really sure what you mean here. A&M kicked our ass. Our D could not stop them all night.

Last year against UGA, our LB group was lost. By the middle of the year, they had greatly improved. I am hoping our coaching staff can look at this game and adjust scheme, maybe some personnel and game plan better. Our D has some talent, but tackled poorly, looked lost and confused and did not execute. All correctable problems. Will it happen? Maybe yes, maybe no. After 1 game, I am not ready to give up the season. Lots of work to do though.

Bottom line for me, it's a game. It hurts and I hate it. Let's get better and beat ECU next week.
Homebrewcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:03 AM   #1566
tedginn07
Walk On

Male

tedginn07 has hatched from the shell

You think a&m offense had our defense looking stupid wait until we play auburn woooo!!!
tedginn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:31 AM   #1567
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
You guys to deserve to lose this game. Older fans were fine, but i had never seen so many kids yell F you aggies to just random adults walking on campus. The students truly are the lowest ive come across thus far.

Moreover, your stadium isnt that loud, and that was before it got out of hand. You guys couldn't even get a "game" .... "cocks" going except before kickoff. It was truly sad, but again, the team and OBC deserve to lose fo being pompous sh*t talkers.

The prediction thread was great and im glad to see those 50 to 10 lopsided wins not pan out.
Come back for a real night game of the 7-830 variety. When the stadium was actually filled up tonight we were already down 10-0. As for the students comment you are lying if you never had that reaction from a fan base that you blatantly went out of your way to disrespect. Congratulations on your win but we are never really good in our first game and transitioning to a new defense against your team was a tragic mistake. We were a few plays away from making this a shootout even though our defense never literally stopped you.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:38 AM   #1568
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Mad bro? Ive seen lsu, miss, mizzou, and arky. Usc ranks somewhere with ole miss and arky for loudness. You don't have any acoustic cover to bounce the sound. The chants were not that loud from the get go. Don't call me a dbag bc I'm telling you the truth. I for one didn't see a beat down like this and i was realistic on the prediction thread.

The old ball coach talked sh*t ooc schedule despite our oos when he had no business even bringing it up. Little did he know USC would coke out looking like a FCS school which is part of that schedule.

Campus was nice. I liked the russell center and the shaded square im front.
Well ok that is literally the first time anyone has said that that I've heard. All of the other folks that come in say the exact opposite but like I already stated our stadium is very loud depending on where you are sitting and what the score is when they finally get their last drinks down and get their asses in the stadium. Where were your seats?
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:55 AM   #1569
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

That was the worst defensive effort I've seen since the 2010 SEC Championship game. But even then we knew we had talent but it was young. As for the way aggie fans were treated, when you go out of your way to antagonize the opposing team and schools fans and students you can't expect to be treated nicely, especially when your team applies a butt-whippping like the one last night.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote