CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
kingofnerf
4Runner
robgusc76
gamecockgal
Storm Of Spurs
ReadR00ster
QCB
CBS: SOS to Florida? (3186)
Juco QBs? (1173)
SDS grades the Furma (911)
we can STILL win the (905)
Auburn/USC point spr (783)
How do you want Aubu (676)
Whenever I Get Depre (658)
If the Head Ball Coa (514)
Mike Davis Stiff Arm (328)
When did it change ? (245)
CBS: SOS to Florida?
Shamiek Sheppard (2014 Pr
If the Head Ball Coach re
Juco QBs?
Auburn/USC point spread
Cann tipping plays?
Williams and Mitch
How do you want Auburn to
we can STILL win the east
Just started playing &quo

Old 08-29-2014, 09:22 AM   #221
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK
Default Re: A&M vent thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveguy06 View Post
Maybe im alone on this but ive been disappointed with our Dline play all of last year and deff last night. I would like to see a change. Last year clowney was doubled at all time leaving most of the rest of our guys in 1 on 1 situations and I dont think we got no where near the pressure we should have. Last night speaks for itself. As far as offense goes, why in the heck didnt we establish a run game from the start and try to manage the clock and time of possession the way we have with Clemson the last few years??? Sure we dont have Connor but it didnt seem like we even attempted to give the run game a real shot. As far as our passing game goes, did they make a rule that all passes must be 30 yard bombs minimum? I about died laughing when dylan slung it 200 yards down field on 3rd and 1. That and him stepping out of bounds for a few yard loss when he had time to throw the ball away. I was feeling real negative last night but guess im just gonna grind my teeth and attempt this sunshine pumping way of life lol.
Dline wasn't good last year you are correct, clowney made up for that though. What I noticed last night with Dylan was inconsistency he was high on a lot of his mid range passes. We seemed to want to sling it around last night and from the opening drive were more pass than run. When Mike davis got on the field for the first time last night was the best time to sling it downfield but coach called a run which to me was obvious. Dylan's decision making was strange last night witht the runs out of bounds losing yardage. Dylan did not look composed and like a 5th year passer he played the way I thought am qb would play. The 3-1 should have been a screen if they were going to call pass.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:30 AM   #222
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
We gave up 511 yards threw the air. 511 mother****ing yards......
The halftime adjustments were awesome, weren't they?
Old 08-29-2014, 09:31 AM   #223
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material

Why no bump n run , we just gave a 10 yard cushion all night
Old 08-29-2014, 09:32 AM   #224
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

CockyCash: 100500
johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material

my biggest issues other than all of the D (i thought undersized players were supposed to be fast?)

- so.many. shots downfield (from the start!)
- no commitment to establish run
- Dylan made weird decisions to bail out, run out of bounds, not step up in pocket, etc
- yards and TDs came from big plays, one was a busted play
- no sustained drives

A&M's D will prove to be pretty crappy still, and we'll see our O is not good either. this is a 7 (maybe 8) win season. I think we'll be back, this year is just going to sting.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:33 AM   #225
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
Dline wasn't good last year you are correct, clowney made up for that though. What I noticed last night with Dylan was inconsistency he was high on a lot of his mid range passes. We seemed to want to sling it around last night and from the opening drive were more pass than run. When Mike davis got on the field for the first time last night was the best time to sling it downfield but coach called a run which to me was obvious. Dylan's decision making was strange last night witht the runs out of bounds losing yardage. Dylan did not look composed and like a 5th year passer he played the way I thought am qb would play. The 3-1 should have been a screen if they were going to call pass.
Dylan will be an average QB at best and he showed that last night. He gets happy feet and got into the habit last night of just slinging the ball down the field in hopes of a miracle. We got lucky twice last night b/c A&M's secondary sucks.

I thought we would see a lot more Mike Davis last night to take the pressure off Dylan and open up the slants and quick balls. I understand Davis was injured, but I still expected more of an effort from him. Sand in the vagina effort.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:33 AM   #226
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

CockyCash: 100500
johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material

Quote:
Dylan's decision making was strange last night witht the runs out of bounds losing yardage. Dylan did not look composed and like a 5th year passer he played the way I thought am qb would play.

this.. spooked, indecisive, inexperienced
Old 08-29-2014, 09:45 AM   #227
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

after sleeping on it...I see nothing different.

5*'s will generally outperform 3*'s and it showed on the field last night.

you can't run a 3-4 in the SEC without superior talent (ask todd grantham)

There were players that didn't get ANY playing time. David Williams is supposed to be great but never saw the field.

When the game was out of hand in the 4th quarter you should have been playing the backup QB. Getting the other QB's some experience is going to be critical.

Delay blitzes won't work when your DB's can't cover.

I don't think I have ever seen an SEC team "juke" for extra yards like I did last night. our tackling and pursuit looked like pee wee ball.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:46 AM   #228
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&B View Post
after sleeping on it...I see nothing different.

5*'s will generally outperform 3*'s and it showed on the field last night.

you can't run a 3-4 in the SEC without superior talent (ask todd grantham)

There were players that didn't get ANY playing time. David Williams is supposed to be great but never saw the field.

When the game was out of hand in the 4th quarter you should have been playing the backup QB. Getting the other QB's some experience is going to be critical.

Delay blitzes won't work when your DB's can't cover.

I don't think I have ever seen an SEC team "juke" for extra yards like I did last night. our tackling and pursuit looked like pee wee ball.
I agree with every statement in this post. Should've given some of the backups a chance in the 4th since by then it was obvious we weren't ever going to stop TAMU.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:47 AM   #229
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

OFFENSE

Dylan is inconsistent like Garcia was. He has a few in a row on target, then a few not even close.

They went to the long ball too much, we had very little short or medium passes.

A few times our guys had the ball but got hit immediately and dropped them.

We went out there the first series with 3 passes in a row. I hate that! We're supposed to have this stellar OL, yet we don't try to run with a great RB? WTF SOS?

DEFENSE

No pressure from front 4

Can't cover on the back end

Can't tackle

Taking bad angles to tackle

Overall just suck everywhere. It's obvious our front and back are horrible, and the LBs can't do it all.

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:50 AM   #230
Braveguy06
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1022
Braveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his claws

Would rather see us play man coverage the rest of the year and get burnt than to play that crap they called defense last night.
Braveguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:54 AM   #231
Braveguy06
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1022
Braveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his claws

Side note I got excited when I saw us go to a duel tight end set. Thought we may use our tight ends like the weapons they truly could be. Shows how much I know. (I know they had a few catches but I feel like they could of been used alot more in short yardage situations)
Braveguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:58 AM   #232
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 88700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

Hard to get a pass rush when our corners play 12 yards off the ball and they either run a screen which we never adjusted to or just run out 7 yards and turn around. They could have beat our ass just running those 2 plays all night. I thought we would have at least tried some man coverage just to see if it slowed them down at all.
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:01 AM   #233
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveguy06 View Post
Side note I got excited when I saw us go to a duel tight end set. Thought we may use our tight ends like the weapons they truly could be. Shows how much I know. (I know they had a few catches but I feel like they could of been used alot more in short yardage situations)
Like that 3-1
Old 08-29-2014, 10:02 AM   #234
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
I agree with everything you say here other than the 3rd and 2 play call. I really liked that call and it took some guts to call it. We had a chance to catch them in a run stop situation and connect on a big play. We didnt execute, plain and simnple. We will need that agreesiveness in our play calling this year.
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:02 AM   #235
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 672
InletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudly

InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:03 AM   #236
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

We need to practice onside kicks all practice, every practice. Instead of even trying on Defense, our only hope is to be sure the other team's offense never touches the ball.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:08 AM   #237
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

99 PLAYS FOR 680 TOTAL YARDS, 39 FIRST DOWNS AND 52 POINTS

Giving that up is just damning.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:12 AM   #238
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
you're down 17 in the second half, I guess you would have preffered to see us bang it in there for a 1 yard run and try to convert 4th and 1? We really showed the ability to man up and run the ball last night, right?
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:15 AM   #239
roosterdave
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1106
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons

I can see why our offensive line has looked so good, they practice against the worst dline in d-1 football.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:17 AM   #240
kabercr2
Blue Chip

Male

kabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his claws

2 & 1 I can see taking a shot, 3&1 surley a run or a sneak....Wrong!
kabercr2 is offline   Reply With Quote