CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
A. Pilgrim
U-Dub Gamecock
Outland
gadeneer1986
Lonnie
B-G
doubledribble
Jim Lahey
Why is everyone anti (2237)
Busta out indefinite (1246)
How did we not make (1209)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Miss St. defense (1060)
Just thought of some (1056)
SOS says his next st (883)
Our Road Upset Wins (775)
Let us clarify some (740)
Is Clowney back toni (692)
Busta out indefinitely.
To ANYONE complaining abo
Michael Sams done in Dall
No easy road for our offe
Our Road Upset Wins
Does South Carolina still
Rest of the season predic
Miss St. defense
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Why is everyone anticipat

Old 08-29-2014, 01:23 PM   #281
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material
Default Re: A&M vent thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
'
The 2015 class is #2 in the country, I'm not really sure of the reasoning behind this.
It's #2 as of now. It will not end that way (we will lose recruits, other teams will round their classes, etc.) IF we don't lose anyone it'll likely land in the 12-15 range.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:23 PM   #282
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
'
The 2015 class is #2 in the country, I'm not really sure of the reasoning behind this.
I would actually pull for JR to spend more time on recruiting. It's where he can best help the team.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:29 PM   #283
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
I would actually pull for JR to spend more time on recruiting. It's where he can best help the team.
That would also be a solution.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:45 PM   #284
thecarolina1
Sarcastic Cynical S.O.B.

Male

CockyCash: 200
thecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot material

Well, I must admit that "bloom" is certainly off this college football season....and the first Saturday ain't even here yet. And this is my favorite time of year!!!

{shrugs, sighs heavily, farts, and sips diet pepsi}
Old 08-29-2014, 02:39 PM   #285
kacrosinsc
In Awe of Marcus!

Male

kacrosinsc has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Tuttle View Post
I'll be calling for Lorenzo's head if he tries running a 3-4 again. We are too small and you can't penetrate a pocket with 220 lb LBs. Size matters.
There was no problem with the defensive scheme last night. I know because Whammy said in his after game presser that scheme was not the problem. He is obviously smarter than me because he is a big time DC on a major college football program.

Oh by the way, Spurrier said the scheme was horrible. Wonder what he thinks about Whammy's comment?
kacrosinsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:13 PM   #286
one90
Walk On

Male

one90 has hatched from the shell

My question to everyone: Do you think we're that bad, or they're that good?
one90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:14 PM   #287
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by one90 View Post
I think we were just that bad.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #288
86 GradCock
7 Year Plan

Male

CockyCash: 1450
86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly

You can't shite the bed that bad last night and not change the sheets today. Expect a change; I am just not sure where since everything was so bad. I would love to be a fly on the wall of Spurrier's office when he talks to Whammy. "Now Lorenzy, that team you put on the field last night wasn't bad; it was down right awful. We really got a major black eye on national tv and that is not gonna happen again. If you don't make some changes, I will. Oh, and by the way, your 3-4 defense stinks so bad I don't wanna hear about it no more! What are you doing telling the media boys you think that system worked? None of it worked! Not one single part! Fix it! Do you understand me? Hell, now I got a 60 foot banner of myself hanging on Williams-Brice just begging to be messed with! Anything happens to it and I am going to make you fix it. Now, get out of here and go teach your men how to tackle!"
86 GradCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:30 PM   #289
ABATTBQ11
Recruit

Male

ABATTBQ11 is learning to peckABATTBQ11 is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by one90 View Post
I would like to think that we're that good. As a head coach, Sumlin has only had one offense finish outside the top ten (one finished 11 IIRC), and even then he had lost his first 2 or 3 QB's to injuries. Last year, we scored 40+ on everyone until Manziel fractured his thumb. Considering how well we did last night without him, I'd say our offense was more about Sumlin's system than Johnny's play making abilities. For a guy who played linebacker in college, he is a really good offensive coach.
ABATTBQ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:54 PM   #290
86 GradCock
7 Year Plan

Male

CockyCash: 1450
86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly

When are we going to see a "Hitler Reacts to USC losing to aTm" video? I am sure one is in the works.
86 GradCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:00 PM   #291
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABATTBQ11 View Post
I would like to think that we're that good. As a head coach, Sumlin has only had one offense finish outside the top ten (one finished 11 IIRC), and even then he had lost his first 2 or 3 QB's to injuries. Last year, we scored 40+ on everyone until Manziel fractured his thumb. Considering how well we did last night without him, I'd say our offense was more about Sumlin's system than Johnny's play making abilities. For a guy who played linebacker in college, he is a really good offensive coach.
It's a little bit of both. We're not as bad as we showed last night and A&M isn't as good. That said, we are bad and A&M was great, particularly at exploiting our weaknesses.

Basic defensive adjustments (like jamming at the LOS, for example, or cheating a man into the middle) could've made the score closer. A&M still would've won, but we didn't do ourselves any favors. It's not an "either/or".
Old 08-29-2014, 04:29 PM   #292
ABATTBQ11
Recruit

Male

ABATTBQ11 is learning to peckABATTBQ11 is learning to peck

There's a lot of truth in that. I honestly expected a score in the thirties or low forties.
ABATTBQ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:10 PM   #293
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

And one more thing...being from the Upstate, I hope Georgia kills Clemson. I know I should want Georgia to loose in order to help us with SEC rankings. Then we can beat Georgia after that.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:38 PM   #294
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

I'm so down I'm not even excited about watching college football this weekend. And that never happens - especially the opening weekend.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:45 PM   #295
roosterdave
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1106
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocockswyn View Post
And one more thing...being from the Upstate, I hope Georgia kills Clemson. I know I should want Georgia to loose in order to help us with SEC rankings. Then we can beat Georgia after that.
How does Georgia losing to Clemson help us with SEC Rankings? Am I missing something? I'm on your side though, I hope they kill them.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:49 PM   #296
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
I'm so down I'm not even excited about watching college football this weekend. And that never happens - especially the opening weekend.
on the bright side, you don't have to be nervous about any of our games the rest of the season. Just sit back, chill with your friends or family, have a good time.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:51 PM   #297
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

pressure of the home streak is gone
Old 08-29-2014, 06:00 PM   #298
Tom7956
Walk On

Male

Tom7956 is learning to peck

I always hear that the SEC is a line of scrimmage league. Last night it was proven.
Our Offensive line - average, barely adequate for the SEC.
Our Defensive line - totally inadequate for the SEC. And this is because of recruiting, pure and simple. How in the world could we not be able to replenish our defensive line with someone like JD here. It seems like all the good SEC schools get them year after year. Look at Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Florida, and now A&M. I could deal with the young secondary issues and the not tackling during the first game or two. But not having any kind of a push from the line makes our young secondary that much more vulnerable.
I don't think all is lost, we might need some luck here and there, but I can't see a double digit win in our future this year.
We would have never enjoyed the success we have had the last several years had it not been for SOS. I am not about to give up on him or this team this year.
Tom7956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:03 PM   #299
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Referring to Tom above, last night was a perfect example of why lines matter in the SEC and why we have been better than Clemson.

Our OL and DL have been better than Clemson and as good if not better than most teams in the SEC. Now, I'm not sure. Yes, we had problems tackling and secondary. However, the biggest problem is the line play.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:18 PM   #300
MyrtleSCfan
Walk On

Male

MyrtleSCfan has feathers coming inMyrtleSCfan has feathers coming in

Greg McElroy stated some stats after the Vandy game about our Defense, and Spurriers quote about our 3-4.

Said we ran our version of the 3-4 on 72% of total plays giving up an average of 7.7 yards per play. (8.8 in the first half)

The 4-2-5, 28%, giving up 4.4 yards per play.

We cant run this. Even if we could, guys looked totally lost yesterday. Clueless. (And of course the obvious tackling issues, etc...)
MyrtleSCfan is offline   Reply With Quote