CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
roosterdude21
ReadR00ster
Badazcock
cocksmith1or11
Gamecockswag
GregoryHouse
SECgamecock453
ESPN Game Day Commen (1461)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1321)
Simple "yes&quo (1310)
Phil Steele just pre (975)
The Comeback & T (764)
TeMarcus Blanton (591)
Garcia: Change the R (579)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
Wallpaper & Back (239)
Instrumental Music ( (167)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Bama @ Tennessee
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Anybody just have that &q
Turtle Beach
Miss St vs. Kentucky
Where in Seattle
UFC 179: Jose Aldo vs Cha
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Name a Gamecock

Old 08-29-2014, 04:06 PM   #21
garnetheart32
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
garnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his comb
Default Re: A fans guide. 5 steps to recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
This should be the goal every day of your life. Smile Carolina.
Let's remember the good ole days when a loss didn't sting like salt on a stab wound. When 7 win seasons were the norm and when you went to a game just as much for the pageantry as for the win. This is Carolina football this is the first golden age of Carolina football...Let's just enjoy it everybody.
garnetheart32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:12 PM   #22
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Im with the Tennessee fan.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:14 PM   #23
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetheart32 View Post
Let's remember the good ole days when a loss didn't sting like salt on a stab wound. When 7 win seasons were the norm and when you went to a game just as much for the pageantry as for the win. This is Carolina football this is the first golden age of Carolina football...Let's just enjoy it everybody.
7 win seasons used to be the goal. Remember when it was just get bowl eligible? The problem with success in sports is that it's a whole lot like addiction. It feels great at first, the best thing in the world. Then you want more. Then you need more. Then when you stop getting it you feel like you are going to die. Don't worry though, once we get a little taste next weekend I'm sure we will all be chasing the dragon again. At least for a week.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:16 PM   #24
Cocks N Stuff
Recruit

Male

Cocks N Stuff has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Payback is a bitch. Look at it this way. If we are good enough to get to Atlanta (BTW I seriously doubt we are) we should be good enough to play with them the second time around.
We are incapable of beating TAMU this year unless their entire two deep gets injured. The matchup is horrendous for us.
Cocks N Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:22 PM   #25
garnetheart32
Recruit

Male

garnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his combgarnetheart32 is developing his comb

I was a gamecock since I was a boy(I am relatively young still 20), no matter how harsh the dropoff is. Whenever we do actually drop off I will be just as passionate as I have been this last decade. We are gamecocks not bandwagoners...right?
Old 08-29-2014, 05:07 PM   #26
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
1.Don't always trust the hype machine.
For the first time since...well ever, South Carolina Football was the subject of preseason hype and predictions unheard of. What do we do with that hype? Down the drain in the first game it goes. It proves that you can't trust the media heads when they praise you. We all need to now display our hatred of espn for running the hype machine these last few weeks, for it's surely their fault we lost.

2.Find an aggie and congratulate them.
Ok guys, I know this one may really hurt, but it will help the grieving process. Go to your favorite forum or to an aggie you know, and give them props, they deserve it. Doing so in a calm and respectful manner will really get you ready for the rest of the season. Speaking of which...

3.The season is young. Daydream about being in Atlanta at the end of it.
I get it, we all think the season is lost right now, but anything can happen. If we look far enough ahead this first game will seem like the distant past. Lets regroup ourselves and get that champions mindset back.

4.The season is young. Daydream about A&M being in Atlanta with us.
If we make a miraculous turnaround and our backfield figures out how to cover, there may just be a chance we find ourselves in a rematch with those texags. In which case we won't be snuck up on and our young guys will have experience.

5.Breath
Inhale....Exhale....Inhale....Exhale, That's it, Now that your calm, think about the positives...We showed real heart in trying to fight back. We're the (formerly)fighting gamecocks, we won't go down without a fight.
Those are good.

Here's another that helps.

Win you win, empathize with the fans of the losing team.

Win you lose, emphathize with the fans of the winning team.

To emphasize one needs to imagine the feelings of the other. So, when you win, you give a little back to your fellow human being. When you lose, you imagine how good the opponent feels and channel it as you congratulate the other side.

Take it from me, this is a really good tactic. I didn't think of it. It is in the Bible, Romans I think. The saying is something like, "rejoice when others rejoice. mourn when others mourn."

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:09 PM   #27
garnetheart32
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Those are good.

Here's another that helps.

Win you win, empathize with the fans of the losing team.

Win you lose, emphathize with the fans of the winning team.

To emphasize one needs to imagine the feelings of the other. So, when you win, you give a little back to your fellow human being. When you lose, you imagine how good the opponent feels and channel it as you congratulate the other side.

Take it from me, this is a really good tactic. I didn't think of it. It is in the Bible, Romans I think. The saying is something like, "rejoice when others rejoice. mourn when others mourn."
Good sound advice. Even when its Clemson I try to give them a little tidbit of respect...even if its only a good game or something along the lines.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:32 PM   #28
highstick
Recruit

Male

highstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurs

Aggies didn't win...we sucked so bad that we gave them more points than they deserved...We really were that bad last night and I'm afraid "it ain't over"! There was nothing positive about last night..
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:38 PM   #29
highstick
Recruit

Male

highstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurs

Quote:
I was a gamecock since I was a boy(I am relatively young still 20), no matter how harsh the dropoff is. Whenever we do actually drop off I will be just as passionate as I have been this last decade. We are gamecocks not bandwagoners...right?
Not being disrespectful, but at 69, I've got more than 3 times the history to not feel the way you to at such a tender young age...When I went through boot camp at Ft Jackson when I was 20, we learned to destroy the enemy, not roll over and die!
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:38 PM   #30
rabid cock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 300
rabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spurs

Quote:
1.Don't always trust the hype machine.
For the first time since...well ever, South Carolina Football was the subject of preseason hype and predictions unheard of. What do we do with that hype? Down the drain in the first game it goes. It proves that you can't trust the media heads when they praise you. We all need to now display our hatred of espn for running the hype machine these last few weeks, for it's surely their fault we lost.

2.Find an aggie and congratulate them.
Ok guys, I know this one may really hurt, but it will help the grieving process. Go to your favorite forum or to an aggie you know, and give them props, they deserve it. Doing so in a calm and respectful manner will really get you ready for the rest of the season. Speaking of which...

3.The season is young. Daydream about being in Atlanta at the end of it.
I get it, we all think the season is lost right now, but anything can happen. If we look far enough ahead this first game will seem like the distant past. Lets regroup ourselves and get that champions mindset back.

4.The season is young. Daydream about A&M being in Atlanta with us.
If we make a miraculous turnaround and our backfield figures out how to cover, there may just be a chance we find ourselves in a rematch with those texags. In which case we won't be snuck up on and our young guys will have experience.

5.Breath
Inhale....Exhale....Inhale....Exhale, That's it, Now that your calm, think about the positives...We showed real heart in trying to fight back. We're the (formerly)fighting gamecocks, we won't go down without a fight.
There you go. A positive spin from a positive man. Like garnet says, just pretend the Aggies are our new Arkansas!

We've always had one. What would life be without one!
rabid cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:09 PM   #31
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:48 PM   #32
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I love your post, great attitude and pretty good advice from someone so young.

Here's my list for handling the rest of the season:

1.Chill out if we beat ECU.
If we beat ECU it won't really tell us anything either. We aren't "back." We faced a talented team and got our teeth kicked in. I'm a fragile flower, so I'm going to need to see some nasty from this team before I trust them again with my emotions.

2.Lower your standards for booze.
If you're like me, you've probably worked your way up to fairly expensive single malts. To properly deal with the upcoming season, you're going to need quantities that will require you to readjust your pallet to something a little more affordable. I suggest Everclear.

3. Find a stress reliever.
I'm not talking about wood-working or sex (both admirable pursuits), I'm talking about finding something you can hit or maim, consequence free. If you're not already in law enforcement, I recommend getting a few of those giant stuffed animals like they have at the fair. Keep them locked away in a windowless room, with perhaps a baseball bat nearby.

4.Raise hell at the next home game.
Just don't boo. If you want to boo stay home. Booing your own team is a pathetic act unless they are pro players or Alabama. Those guys have busted their ass for you, have some decency.

5. No more bitching about the Outback or Capital One Bowl
Think of all the fun we'll have in Nashville for the Music City Bowl!
Old 08-30-2014, 08:56 AM   #33
gamecockboy89
4-Star

Male

gamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his comb

Just a little comforting fact here: we had 5 losses going into Atlanta the one and only time we went. I know the east was bad as a whole that year but you never know how the division will shake out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gamecockboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:13 AM   #34
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockboy89 View Post
Just a little comforting fact here: we had 5 losses going into Atlanta the one and only time we went. I know the east was bad as a whole that year but you never know how the division will shake out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We were 9-3.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:31 AM   #35
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Here is my problem.
1. I waited all summer... really looking forward to the start of this season.
2. Thursday was my birthday. I just knew I would be celebrating.
3. Got calls from at least 10 Clemson fans rubbing it in my face (saying by the aTm just scored again)
4. My business partner went to FSU. Now I will have to listen all season, as to how great they are.
5. Now what do I look forward to, Basketball Season?
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote