CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
Coulwoodwarlord
WeStillOwnUSC
Yearofthegamecock
TAFC 5 1981
gamecock88
jrussjr
cockybusiness2
Kentucky prediction (2052)
Just Booked my Hotel (1374)
Best position coach (759)
Waldrop doubtful for (733)
The New Idea That'll (683)
So What? (682)
We Have A New KO Guy (504)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (411)
So What? (258)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (255)
I'm over the loss, but...
Thoughts on the basketbal
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
QB Recruiting Strategy
What fish do you eat
Best position coach or co
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
2016 - Tavien Feaster
2015 Commitment - Jaire A
Kentucky prediction

Old 08-29-2014, 06:20 PM   #301
ABATTBQ11
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
ABATTBQ11 is learning to peckABATTBQ11 is learning to peck
Default Re: A&M vent thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom7956 View Post
I always hear that the SEC is a line of scrimmage league. Last night it was proven.
Our Offensive line - average, barely adequate for the SEC.
Our Defensive line - totally inadequate for the SEC. And this is because of recruiting, pure and simple. How in the world could we not be able to replenish our defensive line with someone like JD here. It seems like all the good SEC schools get them year after year. Look at Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Florida, and now A&M. I could deal with the young secondary issues and the not tackling during the first game or two. But not having any kind of a push from the line makes our young secondary that much more vulnerable.
I don't think all is lost, we might need some luck here and there, but I can't see a double digit win in our future this year.
We would have never enjoyed the success we have had the last several years had it not been for SOS. I am not about to give up on him or this team this year.

This was our problem last year on defense. Our line (and the rest of our defense) was undersized and inexperienced. It made even our good players look bad.
ABATTBQ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:23 PM   #302
snoopcockycock
Banned

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

what concerned me, BEFORE THIS GAME WAS EVER PLAYED, was reading reports that our guys DO NOT hit, or tackle fully in practices. WHAT? yeah, sos does not allow the defense to tackle at full speed in practice. worrying about getting hurt in practice, is just like playing not to lose, instead of playing to win. in my opinion, that is the crib-note on that entire travesty they called a game on thursday night. if you don't tackle full speed in practice, you don't know how to do it right for the games. AND IT SHOWED THAT NO ONE ON THE USC DEFENSE KNEW HOW TO TACKLE. NOBODY! they had tam's players in a loss situation many times in that game, and every time the player would just run past them. even the qb did this to pick up a third down, he should never have made. our guy just completely missed him, and he went another six yards for the first down.

this team better get real physical, really fast, in practices, or they will be soft all season long. this is a physical game. guys need to get hit hard, and hit some people hard in practice in order to be use to it in a game. hellish practices SHOULD make the games easy. otherwise, it's the deer in the headlights reaction that we all saw out of usc's defense in that game. there is tons of talent on this team. what happened to them was all about coaching, pure and simple. if the coaches don't get their crap together immediately, the entire season will be lost. and i almost feel like it already is.

and one last thing, while i'm venting, WHY DID WE NOT SEE DAVID WILLIAMS? that is some bs! if davis is hurt, we should have seen the other rb's, more. wilds did ok. but where was carson or williams. yes, we were behind, but running the ball keeps their offense off the field. and we certainly could have used more of that. once we saw that we could not stop them, we should have used a ball control offense. at least it would have given our d a rest, and kept their offense off the field.
snoopcockycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:24 PM   #303
GSC2013
4-Star

Male

GSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudly

We aren't as bad as we look. They aren't as good as they looked. Blowouts are always like that.

But one thing is for sure: They are REALLY good, and we are not. That's unquestioned.

By season's end...I bet they'll STILL be really good.

By season's end...we'll either by MUCH better, or, much worse.

The next 2 weeks are literally critical turning points in the Spurrier era. Is this game just a road bump over a 5-10 year era of 9-11 win seasons? Or, the beginning of a decline from the "Golden Years" of 3 x 11-2 seasons?
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:28 PM   #304
cockyness11
Blue Chip

Male

cockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudly

What pissed me off even more then the score last night was when Golightly started celebrating after a tackle he had on Noil in the 4th quarter with the score being 52-28.. What on gods green earth did you do to allow you to think of celebrating when all night he got ran over or blocked when they ran that same exact play. If I was Whammy I would of jerked his ass up for that
cockyness11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:43 PM   #305
eklypised
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1467
eklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPit

Anybody hear me on the Paul Finebaum show a few mins ago??
eklypised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:47 PM   #306
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

I think the reason they close practice after first week is because the rest of fall camp consists of sitting around, smoking cigs and listening to Steve tell stories from his playing days.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:54 PM   #307
seamus
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
seamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudly

As bad as it was, I haven't given up on this team. Let's give it a few weeks to see how much improvement they have. If we are 1-2 after gawja, then I will be concerned.
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:59 PM   #308
Braveguy06
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1022
Braveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his clawsBraveguy06 is sharpening his claws

Anyone notice Bryson Williams and the A&M WR smiling and laughing in the 4th quarter. I would of thought we would of been pissed.
Braveguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:16 PM   #309
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyness11 View Post
What pissed me off even more then the score last night was when Golightly started celebrating after a tackle he had on Noil in the 4th quarter with the score being 52-28.. What on gods green earth did you do to allow you to think of celebrating when all night he got ran over or blocked when they ran that same exact play. If I was Whammy I would of jerked his ass up for that
we was excited about the only good play made on defense the whole night...
Old 08-29-2014, 09:03 PM   #310
SouthCGC
Blue Chip

Male

SouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervous

On our onside kick our players DIDN't even HIT the GUY that recovered the ball.
SouthCGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:18 PM   #311
ThisMr X
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCGC View Post
On our onside kick our players DIDN't even HIT the GUY that recovered the ball.
The only person who had a chance to hit him was the kicker, who happened to tip the ball to him.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:19 PM   #312
No Curse
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2504
No Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Deke Adams should be fired....tonight.
I was hoping he would be taking some advice from Gladys Knight and the Pips
No Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:30 PM   #313
SouthCGC
Blue Chip

Male

SouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisMr X View Post
The only person who had a chance to hit him was the kicker, who happened to tip the ball to him.
That's not true. I just watched the replay. #4 ran right by him. His only job on the play is supposed to be to HIT THAT GUY.
SouthCGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:33 PM   #314
Kuhn
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
Kuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyness11 View Post
Post of the day. He should be on STs for the remainder of the season. And why isn't Botkin getting the criticism he deserves. Need to go back to H.S. watch any other SEC team. their LBs hit people! Ours can't even tackle much less whack somebody. Just a putrid staff, all hired by Whiffy Ward.
Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:02 AM   #315
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

I don't think I heard Brent Musberger tell the Gerald Dixon/Gerald Dixon Jr. story at all. I was really looking forward to hearing it. What a waste.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:48 AM   #316
PalmettoG27
Walk On

Male

PalmettoG27 has hatched from the shell

Ok........ What pi$$ed me off even MORE after the game was during Spurriers press conference. He said he "thought" our team was ready!!!!

He "THOUGHT"?

And he gets paid how many millions of dollars to THINK the team is up to pare?!?!? Unacceptable....

Another thing........

I am glad someone made a comment that it showed we have been playing flag football all summer because......... Just watching previews of all the sec teams practice on the new sec network,,,, look at Carolina then look at Alabama........., just off the few short clips Bama workouts looked sooooooo much more intense then Carolina's. I didn't think much of it because I figured it was just some camera guy catching several random moments...... But NOW I know!!!! Sheesh

Last edited by PalmettoG27; 08-30-2014 at 03:11 AM.
PalmettoG27 is offline   Reply With Quote