CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
Gamecocks1137
B-G
robgusc76
SMOTFS86
Big Spur
Sandstorm29
The Yancey
kingoftheroost
Travelin
aTm demolishes Kyle (938)
Cocky at the Duck Co (819)
Connor to be backup? (725)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (199)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (138)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (108)
How would a man writ (104)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (101)
Miami Beach Bowl Thr (98)
100 year old photosh (40)
QB Next Season?
Cocky at the Duck Command
Greatest Gamecock Players
So, why is next year goin
The Vent and Coaching cha
Gotta get Agent 0 going
Connor to be backup?
Bo Pelini headed to Young

Old 08-29-2014, 11:27 PM   #101
Latti2001
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1700
Latti2001 is making other chickens nervousLatti2001 is making other chickens nervousLatti2001 is making other chickens nervousLatti2001 is making other chickens nervousLatti2001 is making other chickens nervousLatti2001 is making other chickens nervousLatti2001 is making other chickens nervousLatti2001 is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Jimmies and Joes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
We haven't had a defensive line this low in star ratings in YEARS and it showed up last night. Call out Coach Ward about X's and O's all you want but he simply does not have the players and that is his and Deke Adams' fault for putting together a shitty recruiting plan and failing to execute.
This is true!

I haven't seen the staff have to go out and over-recruit tight ends, qb's, or running backs because they had zero players at that position. Why is it that it was an emergency and lb last year, and the same at db and d line this yet?!?!?! What is the trend he This would be an easy win if our D was even average!re? Answer: all those recruiting emergencies are on defense. Ward needs I tighten up big time, and ASAP because his free ride on Clowney's coattail was exposed last night!!!

Blame it in players leaving early for the draft all you want, but how hard can it be to make sure the cupboard is at least half full?!?!?
Latti2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:39 PM   #102
USCfootball
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 116336
USCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I don't believe I've ever said stars don't matter. I've said that USC will never be able to recruit like the major schools in the SEC. I've said that the strategy needs to be lock down the state, pick the major cities close by, and develop the talent it gets.

But I've never said stars didn't matter.

I stand corrected. Thanks for going on record and clarifying
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:42 PM   #103
USCfootball
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 116336
USCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latti2001 View Post
This is true!

I haven't seen the staff have to go out and over-recruit tight ends, qb's, or running backs because they had zero players at that position. Why is it that it was an emergency and lb last year, and the same at db and d line this yet?!?!?! What is the trend he This would be an easy win if our D was even average!re? Answer: all those recruiting emergencies are on defense. Ward needs I tighten up big time, and ASAP because his free ride on Clowney's coattail was exposed last night!!!

Blame it in players leaving early for the draft all you want, but how hard can it be to make sure the cupboard is at least half full?!?!?

Who is in charge of recruiting? It will always be like this when you are more interested in golf than recruiting. We need a hungry coach. Not a legend that has a NC and is in cruise control with complacency.
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote