CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
WeStillOwnUSC
Coulwoodwarlord
Yearofthegamecock
TAFC 5 1981
gamecock88
LeeSC
SCohioBoy
Kentucky prediction (2105)
Just Booked my Hotel (1409)
Best position coach (824)
Waldrop doubtful for (810)
The New Idea That'll (713)
So What? (699)
We Have A New KO Guy (573)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (444)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (276)
So What? (272)
Best position coach or co
I'm over the loss, but...
QB Recruiting Strategy
We Have A New KO Guy
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Thoughts on the basketbal
2016 - Rozelle Nix
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
What fish do you eat
Waldrop doubtful for Kent

Old 08-30-2014, 09:14 PM   #161
No Curse
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2504
No Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPitNo Curse rules the CockPit
Default Re: Is anybody still optimistic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSven View Post
This is why I think we win. Our offense will be able to rack up some points.
I think we could have scored more points on offense against A&M. The problem is our defense could not get a stop. I keep hearing how great the A&M QB was, but I think we made him look better than he is. If we don't find a way to get some stops on defense, we wont rack up points. Just two more stops in that game the other night could have been the difference.
No Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:19 PM   #162
Dietz
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
Dietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurz View Post
College football is a really fun, bizarre sport because you never know what can happen. Just like no one predicted A&M/Kenny Hill to do this, we can still go on and have a nice season. Maybe we got our WTF loss out of our systems early this year. Maybe we'll be like 2012 Georgia and rack up 10 straight wins after an embarrassing conference blowout. Maybe neither of those things will be true and we'll "just" win eight or nine games (or yes, seven or less).

I dunno. But it's definitely way too early to throw in the towel and declare this a losing season. At least give it a few more weeks before making that kind of prediction.
This sums up my thoughts and feelings as well.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:29 PM   #163
Senior Rooster
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Senior Rooster has feathers coming inSenior Rooster has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetheart32 View Post
All I read is negativity. The simple fact is we were outmatched by a team we knew little about and greatly underestimated. We know less about ourselves now than we did before. If your putting money on us I'd go under on anything. But as a fanbase can we have a little bit of dignity please and not blame this coach or that player or whoever your blaming for this loss. We could bounce back from this in tremendous fashion or fall flat on our faces. Let's play a few more games before we play the blame game though shall we. Step away from the ledge gamecock nation put your torches and pitchforks away and sit back down in front of your TV set.

ALWAYS!!!
Senior Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:41 PM   #164
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

It will take Whammy till October to get the freshmen players up to speed and learn the defense.
I'm still optimistic about the offense but the D will take a month longer to
be a force. September will be rough for USC.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:42 PM   #165
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

I think it is time we man the hell up and get a full time offensive coordinator. We have to be the only team in the nation that doesn't have one.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:46 PM   #166
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Georgia is going to eat this defense alive.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:51 PM   #167
gamecockgregg
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1700
gamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudlygamecockgregg is crowing loudly

Did the team practice yesterday or today or just going over the game in the film room? Knowing they are already working on things would be something positive.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:56 PM   #168
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockgregg View Post
Did the team practice yesterday or today or just going over the game in the film room? Knowing they are already working on things would be something positive.
Film room today
Old 08-31-2014, 11:35 AM   #169
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
I think it is time we man the hell up and get a full time offensive coordinator. We have to be the only team in the nation that doesn't have one.
When the ship has a gaping hole in the hull, it's not time to rearrange the deck chairs.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:48 AM   #170
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Aggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudlyAggie96 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Curse View Post
I think we could have scored more points on offense against A&M. The problem is our defense could not get a stop. I keep hearing how great the A&M QB was, but I think we made him look better than he is. If we don't find a way to get some stops on defense, we wont rack up points. Just two more stops in that game the other night could have been the difference.
We shall see, but I bet he has other big games this year against some "little teams" to quote Spurrier
Old 08-31-2014, 11:58 AM   #171
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

I agree a offensive coordinator is needed. Maybe if we had 1 SOS could spend more time dissecting other parts of our team and we would know sooner what works and what doesn't.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:07 PM   #172
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Would work for about 5 min after we get down by a touchdown or two. How long do you think Spurrier would tolerate a guy trying to establish the run once we get behind?

Spurrier will NEVER give up that control. He's not built that way & nobody with any credentials would think of accepting that position unless they were either already on staff, desperate, or crazy. It's simply unworkable although I think it could be potentially very beneficial & help with QB recruiting.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:05 PM   #173
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
It will take Whammy till October to get the freshmen players up to speed and learn the defense.
I'm still optimistic about the offense but the D will take a month longer to
be a force. September will be rough for USC.
This is true. I think it will take a month to get this D playing well. We need the O to outperform until the D settles down.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote