CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
donbgamecock
taylorssc
El Cid Ranger
markymark550
Captain9Dragons
BlackMagic84
Fight, win, kick a-- (1385)
Why I'm hopeful abou (1035)
The Gator Bowl wants (1023)
CFN prediction for a (936)
A simple defensive l (808)
USC will upset Aubur (804)
In-state QB talent (627)
This is War (399)
Texas athletic direc (390)
SEC Debate: Best can (352)
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Rest of the season predic
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
The Gator Bowl wants us!
A simple defensive line &
In-state QB talent
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur

Old 08-30-2014, 10:24 PM   #61
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material
Default Re: My Observations About USC Football and Campus

To all the aggie fans, I think you are good people, and we welcomed you into our stadium, and you were very good fans but, the game is over, the time has passed, and I think you need to leave. Just being honest. At this point, your just trolling.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:28 PM   #62
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10258
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Some people actually had no problem with this. "What's the harm? You all are being way too sensitive"...
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:41 PM   #63
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

When is the yell scheduled for home of the Columbia man who's a T a & m alumni that organized the statehouse yell?
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:42 PM   #64
Badazcock
4-Star

Male

Badazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his comb

Stay home in 2016 then.

Witness: White guy, dark hair, green eyes with a mustache about 5'7.

Detective: My, thats an awfully big mustache.
Badazcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:01 PM   #65
dixiecock
Walk On

CockyCash: 500
dixiecock is learning to peck

my observations about aggies and I'll include my 4 years having played HS football in Texas.

1. F you guys, you come on here and insult us, our fans, our stadium, our atmosphere, etc., expecting us to accept it? as I've said form day 1 your stunt on our state house steps is the texican way of acting like a conquering victor, arrogant asses.

2. you continue to compare you guys holding your farmers yell practice in austin on your state house steps to doing so on OUR state house steps, I guess you think every state house is your state house and you you own everything. Your ego is as big as your mouth.

3. please do not come back, we get tired of seeing the farmer attire when clemson comes to town, sure do not see you again.

4. college station is the same size as columbia?????????? really??????? columbia metro 800,000, college station metro 240,000 same size really?????? yes your ego once again is blocking what few cells your brain has in use

5. In case you missed it F you and get the hell out of here.

6. I'll be pissing on your campus monuments next year, including the damn bonfire, hope you enjoy. If I can find any of your local sheep shit I'll spread that around as well.

7. Texans are big mouthed ego driven asses

8. I was expecting to see bottled milk on my door step this Friday with you guys in town what happened?

9. I guess the women in texas go to The University of Texas, guess that explains the yell leaders

10. Just in case you are still reading ...F you guys
dixiecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:02 PM   #66
dixiecock
Walk On

dixiecock is learning to peck

something si scheduled, it's not yell practice
dixiecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:05 PM   #67
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Another thing I had an issue with was them starting chant during our alma mater. They did it before and after the game
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:07 PM   #68
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
Some people actually had no problem with this. "What's the harm? You all are being way too sensitive"...
Those people have no state pride. They are the same ones that constantly bash the state and "can't wait to get out of this backwards place" yet never leave.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:17 PM   #69
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quit arguing with this pompous ass from Texas.. I think I like UT-Austin more than these jack wagons now..
Old 08-30-2014, 11:19 PM   #70
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

I love this donkey's logic. Durr, we do it at home, so why can't we just do it at your house? Kind of like auburn fans rolling a bunch of random oak trees in Columbia after a loss because they won then crying because people don't exactly like it.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:29 PM   #71
5lbYardcock
Two Deep

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipull4usc View Post
Midnight Yell- As far as class, I consider it classless to stand on our state house steps and hurl insults about our state, town and school. What sort of response do you expect? Neither side was classy in that regard, so stop acting offended.

As for the rest, I agree with most of what you wrote. Crowd was quieter than usual due to the way the game unfolded, but having gone to all the other SEC stadiums I agree that we are not even close to being among the loudest. I also think our tailgating suffers from being off-campus
Booya!! Tell him where to stick it.

He's a douche.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:31 PM   #72
5lbYardcock
Two Deep

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiecock View Post
my observations about aggies and I'll include my 4 years having played HS football in Texas.

1. F you guys, you come on here and insult us, our fans, our stadium, our atmosphere, etc., expecting us to accept it? as I've said form day 1 your stunt on our state house steps is the texican way of acting like a conquering victor, arrogant asses.

2. you continue to compare you guys holding your farmers yell practice in austin on your state house steps to doing so on OUR state house steps, I guess you think every state house is your state house and you you own everything. Your ego is as big as your mouth.

3. please do not come back, we get tired of seeing the farmer attire when clemson comes to town, sure do not see you again.

4. college station is the same size as columbia?????????? really??????? columbia metro 800,000, college station metro 240,000 same size really?????? yes your ego once again is blocking what few cells your brain has in use

5. In case you missed it F you and get the hell out of here.

6. I'll be pissing on your campus monuments next year, including the damn bonfire, hope you enjoy. If I can find any of your local sheep shit I'll spread that around as well.

7. Texans are big mouthed ego driven asses

8. I was expecting to see bottled milk on my door step this Friday with you guys in town what happened?

9. I guess the women in texas go to The University of Texas, guess that explains the yell leaders

10. Just in case you are still reading ...F you guys
Good job! I'm with ya on that.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:40 PM   #73
airborne09
Blue Chip

Male

airborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervous

Hey our fans yelled **** you just to rib y'all. I believe the cheerleader threw out insults at the fans and school just to rib us in good fun. As for next year and a curb stomping. You might want to make it through the season first.
airborne09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:41 PM   #74
gamecock ray
Recruit

Male

gamecock ray has earned his spursgamecock ray has earned his spursgamecock ray has earned his spursgamecock ray has earned his spursgamecock ray has earned his spursgamecock ray has earned his spursgamecock ray has earned his spurs

Yes I have to agree about our lack of being loud. I think we were too shocked to yell. To be honest with you our guys have never (imo) been able to handle preseason accolades. The air got sucked out with your great game plan and execution and we just flat got our asses whipped. To be honest with you I was quite embarrassed. This was the one year that I thought we would live up to expectations. No matter how I try to spin it our defense has me worried.
gamecock ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:42 PM   #75
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Another thing I had an issue with was them starting chant during our alma mater. They did it before and after the game
Did they really? Doesn't surprise me one bit though, they have no respect for anyone else's tradition but get all pissy when you insult theirs, go figure.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:45 PM   #76
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Did they really? Doesn't surprise me one bit though, they have no respect for anyone else's tradition but get all pissy when you insult theirs, go figure.
I know they did after the game I was told they did before the game but I didn't really notice on the west side
Old 08-30-2014, 11:50 PM   #77
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

What a classless post. Please never come back to our humble state. Curb stomp us again eh? Didn't see you on the field tough guy.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:54 PM   #78
rabid cock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 300
rabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
I can also say with 100% certainty that Arkansas and Mizzou are not louder. Went to Arky last year and it wasn't loud. also, we were getting blown out so wtf do you expect? Georgia in 2012 is maybe the loudest I've ever heard it in W-B.. Or in 2010 when we beat Bama].
I was at both of those games and neither was as loud as the 2005 victory over Florida.
rabid cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:57 PM   #79
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid cock View Post
I was at both of those games and neither was as loud as the 2005 victory over Florida.
3. 05 UF
2. 09 Ole Miss
1. 12 Jawja

For me at least, and I was at all three. I suspect the Bama game was louder than all of them.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:58 PM   #80
rabid cock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 300
rabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spursrabid cock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan_aggie View Post
A couple days have passed now, and I think I can more objectively give an opinion about our experience in Columbia, SC.

Highs

* I love that USC fans love their team and football.

My biggest gripe about the B12 was how apathetic other schools are when their team stumbles or has a mediocre season. I feel that for the most part, remaining B12 schools are only fair weather fans sticking around during the good times, and bailing during the tough times (save Iowa St...those poor guys seem to really hang around).

We were just nearing Augusta and stopped to get gas. The clerk saw my hat, and said, "you guys should git back to Texas...". That is awesome!

* Campus is very nice.

We parked at the fair grounds and walked to the Russell Center. There were a lot of food options, and this is something I think A&M should improve as well. USC and LSU both have lots of options in their student center. We walked around outside to check out the scenery and strolled through some central shaded pavilion. I don't recall the name, but it was very scenic.

* Columbia is a good size town and there seems to be plenty of places to eat and drink.

Previously I looked up stats and said CS was nearly as big as Columbia. Maybe this is true due to the size of A&M the student body, but Columbia, SC feels far more substantial. You guys have an actual downtown with big businesses. A&M is not like that at all. Our stuff is spread out all over, and comes off as a town that was built up around the college. This still may be true for USC, but downtown and college go hand-in-hand. We had some sandwiches at Southern Belly BBQ near the fairgrounds, and it was awesome. Texas, for the most part, does really simple brisket or pork sandwiches. The D'Jango at Southern Belly had pork, bacon, jalapenos, spicy relish....it was just pure awesomeness.

* The folks that came out to see midnight yell were mostly inquisitive and just wanted to see what was going on. I appreciate people wanting to see the visiting team's traditions, even if it isn't a pep-rally for USC.

* Williams Brice

The HD screen is awesome

Lows

*Midnight Yell opposition

I'm perfectly fine with people coming (students really....) and yelling against us or razzing us. Arkansas did it and kept doing their pig call. It was all in good fun. However, I think the students crossed the line when they started chanting, "f*ck those aggies! f*ck those aggies!". I know adults don't really control what they do, but I expected better of the students. It really just comes off low-class and most Aggies thought the same.

*Class

Twice while we were walking around campus, my wife and I heard students riding in their cars or back of their trucks yell "f*ck you Aggies!" or "Suck our Cocks!". Again, it just shows how low class some of the students are. I know bad apples are in every group of students (including A&M), but I was really surprised by how many people we spoke with that had similar stories when walking around the town. We didn't even get that treatment from LSU fans.

*Gameday & Williams Brice

I didn't know anything about WB before coming to the game, but USC fans painted this incredible picture of how raucous and loud it was going to be. Your sound system is loud. That is it. The fans do not know how to really get into the game. I said this before, but it was sort of funny to listen to the fans attempt to get a "game" "cocks" chant going without help from the cheerleaders. Frankly, the cheerleaders should have been doing that more often, and they didn't. This is why we have yell leaders, and even when our yell leaders fail to step up, we've got a guy (Visor Guy...I'm not kidding) to lead us. I know the air got sucked out pretty quickly when USC was playing from behind from the get-go. Plus, it was a Thursday game, so it may have something to do with that too. All I'm saying is that a lot of hype was generated and y'all failed to deliver big time. LSU, Mizzou, A&M, and Arkansas were all louder than WB. Only Ole Miss might be below USC.

The tailgating scene left a lot to be desired. There was very little tail gating among campus itself, and this makes sense because the stadium is far away. That being said, it doesn't feel the same when you've got a disconnect between the campus and stadium tailgating. However, the fairgrounds do provide a very large and open area, so logistically it works out well.

The concessions at WB are not great. They remind me of what A&M offered 5-10 yrs ago. They need to go to electronic point of sale systems and actually bring in higher quality items...burgers, chick-fil-a, etc.

Traffic. Most USC fans were gone by the beginning of the 4th quarter. I didn't even get out of traffic until 1145pm. This isn't a massive surprise, since Arkansas and Ole Miss were just as bad. A&M and LSU actually do a decent job.

Summary: Like the town, the campus, the love of football. However, USC students came off rude, USC alumn come off incredibly Cocky (go figure...) and gave A&M absolutely no respect. I thought we'd possibly win a close game by maybe 3 points. Delivering that epic beat down at WB and breaking your 18 game home winning streak was well deserved after hearing so much garbage come from the USC side. You guys will get a chance to give us some payback next year, but I think our defense will be improved and we'll curb stomp you again.
Aggie fans, by and large you showed class in victory, but to the originator of this thread: you are an asshole.....

.....an honest asshole, but an asshole nonetheless.
rabid cock is offline   Reply With Quote