CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
ReadR00ster
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
ChickenButt
lilhornet
robgusc76
Freshman ND WR " (862)
Call of Duty: Advanc (539)
Good Riddance to bad (474)
Keeping tailgate foo (326)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (297)
Bashing Players, coa (237)
The Comeback & T (226)
An A to Z of Noah We (216)
Wallpaper & Back (114)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (103)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
TeMarcus Blanton
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Old 08-30-2014, 10:11 PM   #1
Cocks N Stuff
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cocks N Stuff has hatched from the shell
Default ECU

They are currently playing North Carolina Central on ESPN News right now. They are up to 10-7 halfway through the second quarter. They are NOT Texas A&M.

I am very interested to see what type of defensive adjustments that we roll out next Saturday considering this team also runs the air raid offense.
Cocks N Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:14 PM   #2
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material
Default Re: ECU

Your right, they aren't A&M, but they are about as close to that offense as we will play all year. We need to learn to cover, and play man. We right now, are shitting ourselves on that account, giving too much cushion.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:17 PM   #3
18IsTheMan
Banned

Male

18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs

Judging at the box score so far, they are not a threat to run the ball at all.
18IsTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:21 PM   #4
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 672
InletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18IsTheMan View Post

InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:47 PM   #5
Badazcock
4-Star

Male

Badazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his combBadazcock is developing his comb

Quote:
That makes it that much worse..

Witness: White guy, dark hair, green eyes with a mustache about 5'7.

Detective: My, thats an awfully big mustache.
Badazcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:06 AM   #6
ecugrad
Walk On

Male

ecugrad has hatched from the shell

We pass for a living but it doesnt mean we cant or wont run. Our true freshman rb busted a long td run in the 4th against their 1st string def. We played the 2nd and 3rd string the entire
4th quarter. We know your a much better team than nccu but I hope you dont overlook us thinking about uga. Our recivers catch anything near them and im sure we didnt show the whole playbook. Your secondary has to learn how to cover and tackle before you can think about slowing down our offense.
ecugrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:12 AM   #7
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecugrad View Post
We pass for a living but it doesnt mean we cant or wont run. Our true freshman rb busted a long td run in the 4th against their 1st string def. We played the 2nd and 3rd string the entire
4th quarter. We know your a much better team than nccu but I hope you dont overlook us thinking about uga. Our recivers catch anything near them and im sure we didnt show the whole playbook. Your secondary has to learn how to cover and tackle before you can think about slowing down our offense.
We just want a win, to cover up that loss to start the season. Trust me, ECU will not be overlooked.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:13 AM   #8
TAFC 5 1981
Blue Chip

Male

TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

Quote:
That threat comes in game 3.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:13 AM   #9
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecugrad View Post
You played your second and third string vs NC Central.... Ooohhhhh
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:27 AM   #10
ecugrad
Walk On

Male

ecugrad has hatched from the shell

The oline is still a work in progress. We have some new juco players who started for the first time today. Number 3 for us is a freshman who runs a 4.3 40. Grayson is a powerful back, he saw his first action tonight after he redshirted last year. I know you guys arent as bad as you played against A& M and maybe we arent as goood as we played tonight but even if we lose, I expect to be in the game until the very end. Im excited to watch the game on ESPNU.
ecugrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:38 AM   #11
gAmkok
Eh.

Male

gAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks N Stuff View Post
They are currently playing North Carolina Central on ESPN News right now. They are up to 10-7 halfway through the second quarter. They are NOT Texas A&M.

I am very interested to see what type of defensive adjustments that we roll out next Saturday considering this team also runs the air raid offense.
It is my opinion that we should probably wait to see our team actually play reasonably well before we disparage any of our upcoming opponents by implying they might not be as good as the team that just destroyed us by four scores.

But, as I said, that is just my opinion.
gAmkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:50 AM   #12
NinjaSven
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 515
NinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
We just want a win, to cover up that loss to start the season. Trust me, ECU will not be overlooked.
Oh, I don't think they will be overlooked, either. I'm hoping after this devastating loss that our players eat, sleep, and breathe the demise of ECU. We cannot look ahead to UGA. Our team cannot suffer an 0-2 start to the season. We need to play angry.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:52 AM   #13
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Sure ECU will always be a pushover for us yeah right they almost beat us in Charlotte a few years ago. Look at the final score of their game I don't care who they were playing they can pass and we can't pass defend atm or that we have seen yet. We won't look past ECU but I expect them to score.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:54 AM   #14
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

ECU will rack up yards and they will score. It's an offensive system that just plain produces. I like our players against theirs, though.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:55 AM   #15
NinjaSven
Starter

Male

NinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
Sure ECU will always be a pushover for us yeah right they almost beat us in Charlotte a few years ago. Look at the final score of their game I don't care who they were playing they can pass and we can't pass defend atm or that we have seen yet. We won't look past ECU but I expect them to score.
We will be in trouble if they go up early like they did during that game in Charlotte. Wasn't it 17-0 at one point? As others have posted, this team does not need to get into a shootout or play from behind.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:57 AM   #16
NinjaSven
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurz View Post
ECU will rack up yards and they will score. It's an offensive system that just plain produces. I like our players against theirs, though.
I like our players against theirs, too. On the flip side, our offense will rack up yards and score in bunches.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:30 AM   #17
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gAmkok View Post
It is my opinion that we should probably wait to see our team actually play reasonably well before we disparage any of our upcoming opponents by implying they might not be as good as the team that just destroyed us by four scores.

But, as I said, that is just my opinion.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:37 AM   #18
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 17972586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

I've always liked ECU. I'm impressed with the great teams they've put out over the years and I expect Saturday to be a war.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:39 AM   #19
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Well all we can do is be there to support the team and make some noise!!
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:44 AM   #20
pitchcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29792600
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks N Stuff View Post
They are currently playing North Carolina Central on ESPN News right now. They are NOT Texas A&M.

They aren't A&M, but if you watch them with a critical eye they have some good athletes who can make plays.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote